Ironic

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
One of the requirements of the bailout package for Greece is that they privatize large portions of their healthcare system in order to cut costs and become more efficient.

So as Greece, now all but bankrupt, is teetering on total collapse, they are moving away from socialized medicine while we in the United States have a Democrat president and Congress that, despite widespread opposition, pushed for more socialized medicine here.

And but a year and a half since electing what many call the most liberal president to be elected in America, the Brits are at this moment kicking the liberals out of power and voting Conservative.

And November 2010 looms ever closer...

The IMF always forces any nation it bails out to sell off everything in order to pay off outstanding debt.

It's like a bankruptcy case on a much bigger scale.

That is what's happening here.

When third world countries have gone through similar bailouts in the past, they have ended up with citizens having no access to clean water except through bottles sold to them from private industry.

One of the requirements of the bailout package for Greece is that they privatize large portions of their healthcare system in order to cut costs and become more efficient.

So as Greece, now all but bankrupt, is teetering on total collapse, they are moving away from socialized medicine while we in the United States have a Democrat president and Congress that, despite widespread opposition, pushed for more socialized medicine here.

And but a year and a half since electing what many call the most liberal president to be elected in America, the Brits are at this moment kicking the liberals out of power and voting Conservative.

Where in the Healthcare Bill that Congress passed does it provide Government running healthcare?

The bill calls for Private Insurance not Government Insurance

The IMF always forces any nation it bails out to sell off everything in order to pay off outstanding debt.

It's like a bankruptcy case on a much bigger scale.

That is what's happening here.

When third world countries have gone through similar bailouts in the past, they have ended up with citizens having no access to clean water except through bottles sold to them from private industry.

___

Greece is a 3rd World Country?

At any rate, the irony remains.

Greece is yet another example of the failed policies of widespread government entitlement, where production decreases while debt increases until finally, the nation steps into the abyss.

Hopefully they can pull back from that abyss and regain some sense of governmental responsibility for the good of future generations of Greeks.

California is in a similar situation as Greece...bailout city.

Where in the Healthcare Bill that Congress passed does it provide Government running healthcare?

Oh god not again.. listen carefully.. The government.. runs the healthcare now,, it will mandate how insurers insure,, who what where for how long and how many.. they mandate that you get insurance if you don't they will fine your ass and call it a "tax" now who else but the government runs healthcare rightwinger?? errr leftwinger.. I wish you'd get honest and call yourself what you are.. a leftwinger.. see my sig line?? What did Biden say??? All together now.. "We will run the insurance companies." :lol::lol:

I'll agree with you about California, they have a serious issue with fiscal responsibility.

Of course, the Energy companies ripping them off like there's no tomorrow certainly didn't help the situation.

Oh god not again.. listen carefully.. The government.. runs the healthcare now,, it will mandate how insurers insure,, who what where for how long and how many.. they mandate that you get insurance if you don't they will fine your ass and call it a "tax" now who else but the government runs healthcare rightwinger?? errr leftwinger.. I wish you'd get honest and call yourself what you are.. a leftwinger.. see my sig line?? What did Biden say??? All together now.. "We will run the insurance companies." :lol::lol:
___

Remarkable how some know so little of what they comment on!

At least you are willing to try and set them straight! :clap2:

Wow......sure you don't want to post that crap under conspiracy theories?

Government does not run healthcare.....it should....but the whiney "Government takeover" liars got their way. Insurance companies run healthcare. They always have and based on their control of the GOP and certain corruptable Dems....they always will

Last edited:
So they want the people of greece to pay more money? No suprise there it will make their GDP look better but the people will pay in more than one way.

Greek. Be real careful with Greek anything. It can be a pain in the butt! I suspect we will be having the same discussions here in this country in about 1 more year of Owe Bama. Could be sooner. Many people already have a case of the sore butt.

Wow......sure you don't want to post that crap under conspiracy theories?

Government does not run healthcare.....it should....but the whiney "Government takeover" liars got their way. Insurance companies run healthcare. They always have and based on their control of the GOP and certain corruptable Dems....they always will

I hope you put that BS you peddle in yer cereal..

Greece is the Canary in the Sovereign Debt Coal Mine.

We're bailing them out via the IMF - there won't be anyone to bail us out if we continue piling on debt.

I have been complaining about the debt since Reagan.
I did not wait till it got to be 11 trillion to see the problem.

You're assuming that the rest of us have waited.

You're wrong, but that's a state of being to which you are doubtlessly well accustomed.

You're wrong, but that's a state of being to which you are doubtlessly well accustomed.

Indeed!

And those who understand their own history know that if Reagan's requested budget cuts had been fully implemented, and then maintained to present times, along with his simplification of the tax code and lowering of the tax rates by the end of his second term, the nation would be no where near the dire fiscal tax and spend abyss that now looms beneath our very feet.

Reaganism is a far more sound playbook than Obamanism any day - which itself is simply the worst aspects of the Bush economy magnified...

+

Indeed!

And those who understand their own history know that if Reagan's requested budget cuts had been fully implemented, and then maintained to present times, along with his simplification of the tax code and lowering of the tax rates by the end of his second term, the nation would be no where near the dire fiscal tax and spend abyss that now looms beneath our very feet.

Reaganism is a far more sound playbook than Obamanism any day - which itself is simply the worst aspects of the Bush economy magnified...

Forum List

Back