IRONCLAD law known as 8 USC 1182(f) gives Trump the right to halt all immigration from Mexico/beyond

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chief Justice Roberts, last year: "By its plain language, §1182(f) grants the President broad discretion to suspend the entry of aliens into the United States."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/17-965_h315.pdf

Chief Justice Roberts, last year: "§1182(f), enables the President to 'suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens' whenever he 'finds' that their entry 'would be detrimental to the interests of the United States.'"

"Section 1182(f) authorizes the President to suspend entry 'for such period as he shall deem necessary.'”

Chief Justice John Roberts, last year: "[§1182(f)] vests authority in the President to impose additional limitations on entry beyond the grounds for exclusion set forth in the INA—including... other 'interests of the United States.'”

Chief Justice Roberts, last year: "By its plain language, §1182(f) grants the President broad discretion to suspend the entry of aliens into the United States."

Chief Justice Roberts, last year: "§1182(f), enables the President to 'suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens' whenever he 'finds' that their entry 'would be detrimental to the interests of the United States.'"

"Section 1182(f) authorizes the President to suspend entry 'for such period as he shall deem necessary.'”

Chief Justice John Roberts, last year: "[§1182(f)] vests authority in the President to impose additional limitations on entry beyond the grounds for exclusion set forth in the INA—including... other 'interests of the United States.'”

Great. Personally me, maybe you, and the conservatives would probably have that power belong to a Congress rather than a King but hey, that is where we are now.

FWIW, I think we could use more immigrants to help prop up property values in this country. Plenty of valueless houses around the rust belt former third worlders would think are great.

It seems you are correct he can stop all of the legal and illegal immigration as it is now for any reason and time.

Great. Personally me, maybe you, and the conservatives would probably have that power belong to a Congress rather than a King but hey, that is where we are now.

FWIW, I think we could use more immigrants to help prop up property values in this country. Plenty of valueless houses around the rust belt former third worlders would think are great.

Those houses need a lot of TLC, roofs, doors, windows, electrical. Many have had all the pipes, copper wires stripped out, walls torn to pieces by vandals. Each one is probably min $10K from liveable. Need water, electric, gas, trash, yardwork, fencing. Then on-going maintenance costs. No jobs around, the locals drove them all out. Who pays?

Actually, I am rather fond of the notion that a Congress would write the law and an Executive would enforce it. No need to blend the two.

Those houses need a lot of TLC, roofs, doors, windows, electrical. Many have had all the pipes, copper wires stripped out, walls torn to pieces by vandals. Each one is probably min $10K from liveable. Need water, electric, gas, trash, yardwork, fencing. Then on-going maintenance costs. No jobs around, the locals drove them all out. Who pays?
The immigrants would still be happy in the abandoned homes. I am sure they can escape together a few houses to make one...

Not only is 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f) emphatic and remarkably clear, but there is also an uninterrupted stream of SCOTUS case law establishing inherent Art. II constitutional power to exclude unwanted aliens. Trump simply needs to act.

HAMMER: Trump Has The Unilateral Power To Stop This Migrant Influx. He Just Needs To Act.
The problem is, it will not stop some lower-level federal judge from issuing a country-wide injunction against the Office of the President to tie it up in court for years and decades. The left need only goto their one-stop judicial shop for the right judge.

I think your glass is more than half empty. There are jobs around for folks willing to take them. And showing intimidation by trash, yardwork and fencing betrays something.

Forum List

Back