Iron Dome in action, 14.11.2012- AMAZING!!!

Thanks, Lipush. Very impressive :eusa_clap:.
I wonder what its success rate is?
And a nice Maroon 5 cover in the background.

I just read that Israel has called up 30,000 reservists.

Yeah. Barak's plan. Just in case.

Well, to the qustion, Iron Dome is programed in a way that the system recognizes a rocket in which is destined to a large community, and targets it. It is not destined to target 100% of the rockets, those who will end up in open fields, will fall, because it will be a waste to eliminate them.

Out of the missiles being targeted on large cities, I heard on the news that YESTERDAY, it held an impressive success. 80%.

Today, well, it was a bad day. The system was turned of for damn 30 minutes, which caused the tragedy on few Haredi families.

Well, to the qustion, Iron Dome is programed in a way that the system recognizes a rocket in which is destined to a large community, and targets it. It is not destined to target 100% of the rockets, those who will end up in open fields, will fall, because it will be a waste to eliminate them.

Out of the missiles being targeted on large cities, I heard on the news that YESTERDAY, it held an impressive success. 80%.

Today, well, it was a bad day. The system was turned of for damn 30 minutes, which caused the tragedy on few Haredi families.

Thank you, Lipush.
Did your grandfather get to safety?

Thank you, Lipush.
Did your grandfather get to safety?

He's near a city called Yavne. north of it. Nes Tziona.

Since we are told that the rockets are now risking Tel Aviv, "safe" becomes quite a loose term. But in Nes Tziona there are no rockets.

Angel and Lipushi Moteks (sweetie in Hebrew)

BBC says about 60 to 80% success for iron dome

the iron dome is a truly great thing
jointly developed by Israel and USA
financed exclusively by the great Obama, Inc.

will eventually save many many lives all over the planet
great for that new iron dome industry
hopefully it will ruin the misslie industry

even make nukes by missiles obsolete, please God
including israel's I hope and our cursed trident
but not small nukes or non missile ones

it's only in its very baby stages
but it's god's gift.............imho

as for the 30,000 reservists
i hope that's just political theatre
designed to win nut-yahoo the erection
but too early to say

Last edited:
for our hajj-----I would like a mini dome------a personal little one----just for us that we carry with us as we sing and dance around the rock

Beautiful. Saved by the hand of God.

There goes the Hezbollah / Iran plan to shoot thousands of missiles at Israel in case of war with Iran. There's a reason why the IDF released this video. To show the Iranians how futile their strategy will be.

Angel and Lipushi Moteks (sweetie in Hebrew)

BBC says about 60 to 80% success for iron dome

the iron dome is a truly great thing
jointly developed by Israel and USA
financed exclusively by the great Obama, Inc.

will eventually save many many lives all over the planet
great for that new iron dome industry
hopefully it will ruin the misslie industry

even make nukes by missiles obsolete, please God
including israel's I hope and our cursed trident
but not small nukes or non missile ones

it's only in its very baby stages
but it's god's gift.............imho

as for the 30,000 reservists
i hope that's just political theatre
designed to win nut-yahoo the erection
but too early to say

You are mistaken. The Iron Dome was partially financed by the US but developed entirely by Israel with no US partners.

There goes the Hezbollah / Iran plan to shoot thousands of missiles at Israel in case of war with Iran. There's a reason why the IDF released this video. To show the Iranians how futile their strategy will be.

Iran does not have thousands of missiles that can reach Israel, probably not even 100. The threat of retaliation is based on the belief that Hamas and Hezbollah will fire their thousands of rockets at Israel, but as we can see, for all the noise they make, they aren't very effective. In any case, in the recent war games, the IDF concluded that Hamas and Hezbollah will just make a token show of retaliation rather than risk a full blown Israeli response.

Wasn't Iron Dome a James Bond movie?...
:confused:
New Israeli anti-missile system gets ready
Nov. 16 (UPI) -- While Israeli forces battle a growing Palestinian missile onslaught from the Gaza Strip, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems is getting ready to field test its newest anti-missile weapon, David's Sling and its Stunner interceptor.
Once David's Sling, also known as Magic Wand, becomes operational it will essentially complete a multi-tier missile defense shield that's been 20 years in the making. The two-stage system, with a radar and electro-optical guidance system, is designed to counter missiles with a range span of 25-185 miles. Rafael's other anti-missile system, Iron Dome, has been recently upgraded from countering short-range missiles and rockets to cover the same range of targets as David's Sling, will strengthen the growing missile threat to Israel from Iran, Syria and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Iron Dome, which got its baptism of fire in April 2011 against Soviet-era Grad rockets and indigenously produced Qassams, is currently engaged in battling longer-range, Iranian-built Fajr-5 missiles unleashed by Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip. It's the first time Hamas and other militant groups in Gaza have fired the Fajr-5 against Israel. It has a range of nearly 50 miles. That's enough to hit metropolitan Tel Aviv, Israel's largest urban conurbation with a population if around 3 million, 40 percent of the country's people.

But Hezbollah used them during its 34-day war with Israel in July-August 2006 and they hit as far south as the port city of Haifa, Israel's main naval base. Hezbollah called its enhanced variant of the Fajr-5, a road-mobile weapon built by Iran's Aerospace Industries Organization, the Khaibar-1. The Iron Dome 2.0, which extended range and more accurate interceptions capabilities, is being used to counter the Fajrs in the current escalating battle in war-battered Gaza.

David's Sling, developed by Rafael and the U.S. Raytheon Co., will fill the middle layer of Israel's emerging anti-missile shield. Iron Dome constitutes the bottom level. Raytheon developed the system's missile firing unit and overall logistics. Above David's Sling is the Arrow-2 anti-ballistic system, built by state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries and Boeing of the United States, is designed to destroy Iran's Shehab-3b intermediate-range missiles and the Sejjil-2 weapon still under development.

Read more: New Israeli anti-missile system gets ready - UPI.com

Iran does not have thousands of missiles that can reach Israel, probably not even 100. The threat of retaliation is based on the belief that Hamas and Hezbollah will fire their thousands of rockets at Israel, but as we can see, for all the noise they make, they aren't very effective. In any case, in the recent war games, the IDF concluded that Hamas and Hezbollah will just make a token show of retaliation rather than risk a full blown Israeli response.
What I meant was Iran's arming of Hezbollah thousands of missiles to launch at Israel, in case of a war with Iran. This is part of their retaliation plan. Hezbollah and Iran are basically the same. There is still room for improvement on the Iron Dome.

New Topics

Forum List

Back