Iron Chef America

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
Are you watching???
I RECOMMEND this show! First episode's secret ingredient was buffalo, 2nd was catfish. This is WAY better that the original Japanese version, as it uses American cooking styles and ingredients!
It's on Food Network 8pm CDT on Sundays.

GWBfan said:
Are you watching???
I RECOMMEND this show! First episode's secret ingredient was buffalo, 2nd was catfish. This is WAY better that the original Japanese version, as it uses American cooking styles and ingredients!
It's on Food Network 8pm CDT on Sundays.

So far I agree the show is good.
But I like the original better because, the challenger called out the Iron Chef. And this show (so far) is (IMO) slanted way too much in favor of the Iron Chefs. Course I am not a Flay or Batali fan. I like Morimoto, and would like to see Emeril A in there as well.

With the first episode and Bobby Flay...That way just waaay to close and the chef from OK/ Mexico only lost by one or two points with presentation, right? So on that one a bias could be possible..
The chef VS Mario Battali in this week's episode did truly seem a bit out of his element..I mean ..a DESSERT catfish? He got the points for originality, though and well deserving..
And WHY does the crabby old judge from Vogue get to come back AGAIN???? I mean, it's a friggin' FASHION magazine! I sure hope he's not on the panel tomorrow night.

This is one thing I don't like. I prefer that the challenger actually challenge the Iron Chef. More of a contest I think. What is Battle of the Masters?

Jan 16 Bobby Flay vs. Rick Bayless
Jan 23 Mario Batali vs. Roberto Trevino
Jan 30 Bobby Flay vs. Ming Tsai
Feb 6 Battle of the Masters
Feb 13 Mario Batali vs. Michael Laiskonis
Feb 20 Masaharu Morimoto vs. Rob Feenie
Feb 27 Bobby Flay vs. Govind Armstrong
Mar 6 Masaharu Morimoto vs. Roberto Donna
Mar 20 Mario Batali vs. Scott Campbell
Mar 27 Battle of the Masters

Who won in the Battle between Flay and Bayless. In my opinion Bayless is a much better chef. And forget Batali I loss my appetite every time I see that fat red head of his sweat in buckets.

MtnBiker said:
Who won in the Battle between Flay and Bayless. In my opinion Bayless is a much better chef. And forget Batali I loss my appetite every time I see that fat red head of his sweat in buckets.

Flay and Bayless were very close although Flay won, but if I remember correctly, just a point or two.
Uggh! Now I'm going to look at Batalli in an entirely different light!
Thanks for sharing! Gaaaag!

SPOILER.......

Feb 6 Battle of the Masters What in hell is this?

pegwinn said:
This is one thing I don't like. I prefer that the challenger actually challenge the Iron Chef. More of a contest I think. What is Battle of the Masters?

Feb 6 Battle of the Masters

...but the challenger, Chef Tsai, did actually beat Iron Chef Flay tonight..And by a respectable margin at that!
Love this show!!!

GWBfan said:
Uggh! Now I'm going to look at Batalli in an entirely different light!
Thanks for sharing! Gaaaag!

:laugh: Its funny because its true. Imagine that extra bit of flavor in his food. That sweat has to go somewhere.

I just found out that Charity Folks is auctioning off 4 tickets to the Phillies vs the New York Mets at CitiField with seats located in Caesars Club Silver Seating!

This package includes complimentary limo service to the game and through the evening if you live within a 20-mile radius of New York City.

All of you will be able to submit your names to have pitcher Jamie Moyer personalize baseballs as souvenirs! You will also be taken to OTTO Enoteca Pizzeria for a meal at Chef Mario Batali's pizzeria!

The winning bidder will receive personalized copies of Mario Batali's James Beard award winning cookbook, Molto Italiano. This auction will benefit the Mario Batali Foundation!

Check it out at the charity folks website and search Mario.

for some reason i cant stomach flay...he reminds me too much of rocco....so i dont care for this show....or that throw down with bobby flay show

I have to say I prefer the Japanese version, the bloke with the gloves and the ridiculous voice-overs are hilarious. I'm only watching the American version to find out two things.

1. Does the challenger ever win?
2. Does Flay ever lose?

:)

Forum List

Back