Breaking News Irma: South Florida prepares for hurricane arrival

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Dalia, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,573
    Hello, you have to have gasoline and other needed thing in advance that seems to be unavailable in places.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,573
    Hello, I'm sorry for your brother that it's horrible its hurricanes that destroys everything and in addition the people who have to face the daily difficulties like an illness. In France we had a Cyclone Lothar and Martinin 1999
    Cyclone Lothar and Martin - Wikipedia
    but it is nothing compared to Harvey, Irma and there is also José who has become a hurricane 3 when the end of his hurricanes?

3. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,262
    I've reserved the biggest pickup truck with the largest gas tank they have.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,573
    I was saying this because there is a restriction of gasoline at some place to refuel and that's all until the next gas station

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,262
    I will have a full tank to get from Georgia to Panama city and back to Georgia before I will need to fill up. Once I get back near Atlanta there should be plenty of gas stations. It's only about a 5 hr drive each way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,922
    Don't be so sure, because there were hour long lines for gasoline in places as far north as Orlando.

Matter of fact, I've seen several people on the news who have said that they are going to try to ride out the storm where they are at because they don't have anywhere they can get gas to drive out.

And.................if you're looking for a flight out, forget it. There are a whole bunch of people who are having to shelter at the airport.

You know, there's an idea for making money.............take a few buses to places where they are wanting to get out and load 'em up for 100 bucks/head.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,573
    Thanks for the explanation Rambunctious,i saw on CNN that the people who leave are already waiting for a long time at gas stations. They leave with their most valuable possessions, and their cats, dogs they put sandbags and protect their windows with wooden planks.
    And hope when they come back that they don't have lost everything Because Irma is a big one Hurricane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,573
    Yes, it will not be easy for everyone to leave, I saw a tourist in Miami Beach who did not know how to leave the place while the flights were taken and a few days ago still nothing was certain that Irma would go to Florida.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,262
    Panama City is very close to the Georgia border and way north of Orlando. Once I get back north near Columbus Georgia there should be gas. And if I can't get out of Macon or Atlanta for a few days because of a cancellation that is not a problem. Lots of family and friends in Macon and Athens Georgia. I'm a Bulldog! I'm a UGA alumni....

10. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,950
    Many of the Caribbean islands were on the 'right' side of the hurricane, where the winds are at their most destructive.

Lot of aircraft arriving here from the Florida region and the hurricane path. Military craft flying in and out of here a lot the past couple of days, some staying, some shuttling off elsewhere to wait out the storm. Hope it veers off to the east of Florida rather than following the projected path I saw on the weather reports yesterday.

• Informative Informative x 1