Irish Church accused of abuse cover-up

The state in Ireland has to break free of the influence of the Catholic Church, it is a very powerful influence and for mine it has a lot to answer for. But then the Irish themselves have to come to grips with that too, they have allowed the Church to develop that level of influence. The state has to tell the Church that it is subordinate, not superordinate.

They would but then they'd all get excommunicated. :lol:

:eusa_eh:

Oh, hadn't thought of that....small wonder they're crapping their pants! :lol:

On a more serious note. The Church organisation has protected paedophiles. That's it in a nutshell. They protected perverts. They need to be sorted out for protecting perverts. No organisation existing, I don't care what it's purpose, should be permitted to protect people who sexually molest children. It's not about God or religion. It's about an organisation keeping criminals away from their just deserts. That behaviour itself is criminal and the perpetrators of that behaviour should be tried in court.

So the real question here is whether this is an actual abuse scandal or whether some people have decided that they should go after the deep pockets of the Church with a false accusastion.

If you read the article and would stop blindly defending the church as if you're their PR team you would see they have real problems with how they handle abuse allegations, it doesn't matter if they be true or not you do not put yourself and your reputation ahead of trying to find out the truth.

I dont blindly accept anything which is why im questioning rather than simply defending people that claim alleged abuse.

I wish you people would stop getting emotional and question things too.

I'm not going on the accuser's word I'm going by the report, why isn't that good enough evidence?

On a more serious note. The Church organisation has protected paedophiles. That's it in a nutshell. They protected perverts. They need to be sorted out for protecting perverts. No organisation existing, I don't care what it's purpose, should be permitted to protect people who sexually molest children. It's not about God or religion. It's about an organisation keeping criminals away from their just deserts. That behaviour itself is criminal and the perpetrators of that behaviour should be tried in court.
On a less serious note:

"It's about an organisation keeping criminals away from their just deserts."

National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers?

Yeah, I know. Dilloduck already told me not to quit my day job.

Forum List

Back