Ireland supports Palestinian statehood

Ireland is just a country of drunks :lol:

Enjoy sharia, drunken Irish motherfuckers :clap2:

Lol, and yids dont get drunk right :eus_whistle:

Ireland is another backward European shithole. While the Irish were getting drunk, the Israelis invented Microsoft operating systems and anti-virus software, flash memory and the Intel Pentium and Centrino microprocessors that operate 90% of the world's computers.

Ireland = Losers

CNBC: Israel, Business Leader And Innovator
Israeli Industry - CNBC
Israel's economy has been constant from agriculture in the early days to high tech, medicine, science to its newest industries today solar and green tech. Israel boasts the largest desalinator in the world

Israel is a leader in water technology, pharmaceuticals and green technology,

Warren Buffett: "What you have here is a remarkable group of people doing remarkable things in their field achieving terrific results all over the world."

How could the Irish support Sharia when they don't allow alcohol?

They support getting oil from the Arabian peninsula. :)

They support getting oil from the Arabian peninsula. :)

That's the only reason anyone really talks to the Arabs.

There must have been some reason that the Arabs got all the oil and land. :razz:

fiddler-on-the-roof-large.jpg

:tongue:

So, when the resources are emptied. What will there be left? America has hardly tapped its reserves. Canadian oil deposits are huge as well.

G-d's design?

So, when the resources are emptied. What will there be left? America has hardly tapped its reserves. Canadian oil deposits are huge as well.

G-d's design?

Thats basically what we are doing, dealing with them for the oil and when thats gone we will be gone too, and the region will turn into a even bigger shit hole than it already is.

G-d's design?

Ireland will be enjoying Scotland/Norway's Green energy like the rest of Europe

Scottish European Green Energy Centre

The definitive term in your statement is future tense. How will they import/export? How will they travel? I could go on and on and one. Yes, there will be petroleum based utilization for such a long time.

Even when a new source of energy is found, there are (and likely will be more) so many non-energy uses for it that I predict its use will be with the world far longer than the next few generations. Solar panels and electrical cars in smaller environments have their uses but we need a completely different power source for the kind of transporting this world does. With your economy as flatline predictive as it is I really don't see any large expenditures as there's really no one buying and food prices are rising quickly. Your link is media. They have yet to even begin discussions. :)

Expect more of the same imo.

Last edited:

G-d's design?

The definitive term in your statement is future tense. How will they import/export? How will they travel? I could go on and on and one. Yes, there will be petroleum based utilization for such a long time.

Even when a new source of energy is found, there are (and likely will be more) so many non-energy uses for it that I predict its use will be with the world far longer than the next few generations. Solar panels and electrical cars in smaller environments have their uses but we need a completely different power source for the kind of transporting this world does. With your economy as flatline predictive as it is I really don't see any large expenditures as there's really no one buying and food prices are rising quickly. Your link is media. They have yet to even begin discussions. :)

You didn't read my link :) Under sea cable to Norway and I am sure we will connect to Ireland to. Scotland and Norway are able to produce this because of their unique position to the sea using Hydro electric, tidal power wave power and much more. The various sources are in this wiki article

Renewable energy in Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salmond thinks it could be going by I think 2020 but critics say he is optimistic.

With regards to our North Sea Gas we intend once we have control of it to invest it for our future in much the same way as Norway has done. The Gulf States once they get their freedom would do well to do same and keep their future prosperity in tact.

We are far in advance of you guys on renewable energy I think ;)

Must dash.

Last edited:

G-d's design?

Scotland is a waste.

CNBC: Israel, Business Leader And Innovator
Israeli Industry - CNBC
Israel's economy has been constant from agriculture in the early days to high tech, medicine, science to its newest industries today solar and green tech. Israel boasts the largest desalinator in the world

Israel is a leader in water technology, pharmaceuticals and green technology,

Warren Buffett: "What you have here is a remarkable group of people doing remarkable things in their field achieving terrific results all over the world."

CNBC: Israel, Clean Technology Powerhouse http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1327103451

When you look at the NASDAQ, companies are listed from around the world There's one country that truly stands out and that country is Israel. The number two destination for clean technology venture capital investments is Israel

Major international players investing in Israel: Siemsn, GE, Google, Chevron, BP

Over 1000 Israeli cleantech startups

Israel has leadership positions in geothermal, solar and desalination. Israel is the world leader in water technology.

Last edited:

You didn't read my link :) Under sea cable to Norway and I am sure we will connect to Ireland to. Scotland and Norway are able to produce this because of their unique position to the sea using Hydro electric, tidal power wave power and much more. The various sources are in this wiki article

Salmond thinks it could be going by I think 2020 but critics say he is optimistic.

With regards to our North Sea Gas we intend once we have control of it to invest it for our future in much the same way as Norway has done. The Gulf States once they get their freedom would do well to do same and keep their future prosperity in tact.

Must dash.

Yes I read your link. They have not even begun discussions.

Critics say he is optimistic? How about delusional. :)

Must dash.

Scotland is a waste.

Israel Builds World's Largest Solar Power Park In California

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company announced today that it has entered into a landmark renewable energy agreement with [Israeli-based] Solel-MSP-1 to purchase renewable energy from the Mojave Solar Park, to be constructed in California’s Mojave Desert. The project will deliver 553 megawatts of solar power, the equivalent of powering 400,000 homes, to PG&E’s customers in northern and central California. The Mojave Solar Park project is now the world’s largest single solar commitment.

Solel Solar Systems of Israel, the world’s largest solar thermal company, is the parent company of Solel-MSP-1 LLC. Solel’s leading technology utilizes parabolic mirrors to concentrate solar energy onto its patented UVAC 2008 solar thermal receivers. The receivers contain a fluid that is heated and circulated, and the heat is released to generate steam. The steam powers a turbine to produce electricity, which can be delivered to a utility’s electric grid. The electricity generated by Mojave Solar Park will use some of the transmission infrastructure originally built for the now dormant coal-fired Mojave Generation Station to deliver the power to PG&E’s customers.

PG&E Signs Agreement With Solel for 553 Megawatts of Solar Power

Must dash.

There is nothing delusional about this. Scotland has had Hydro Electricity for many years and is intent on being a world leader on Green energy.

(Reuters) - Five north European energy companies joined forces on Tuesday to plan a 1,200-2,000 megawatt (MW) power cable connecting Scotland and Norway by 2020, the firms said.

Britain's Scottish and Southern Energy, Norway's Agder Energi, E-CO and Lyse , and Swedish utility Vattenfall created a jointly owned development company called NorthConnect to study the feasibility of laying an underwater power interconnector between Scotland and Norway.

The Scottish European Green Energy Centre -- an independent, not-for-profit organisation which supports renewable energy projects -- has contributed 50,000 euros to find the best route for the NorthConnect cable, Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond announced on Tuesday.

Sweden's Vattenfall said the cable will allow the two regions to link Norway's flexible hydro electricity production with Scotland's intermittent wind power and help reduce reliance on fossil fuels.

"Scotland and Norway have rich and diverse natural resources from which to produce large amounts of electricity, and an interconnector could allow the potential of those complementary resources to be fulfilled by meeting the needs of customers across northwest Europe," SSE's Chief Executive Ian Marchant said in a statement.

"NorthConnect will make an important contribution towards developing the European market for electricity with increased competition in regional markets, a secure supply of electricity and more stable energy prices for consumers," said Harald von Heyden, head of Vattenfall asset optimisation and trading.

Britain's power market is currently connected to France and Ireland and a new 1,000-MW subsea cable linking to the Netherlands will open on April 1.

Five firms eye UK-Norway power link by 2020 | Reuters

a few months later

A PROJECT to build a direct link between the Scottish and European electrical grids has come a step closer to fruition, after an application was submitted by the group behind the plans to connect to the National Grid at Peterhead.

NorthConnect, a Norwegian-registered consortium jointly owned by 5 companies including a subsidiary of Perth-based Scottish and Southern Energy, plans to build the 570 kilometre, 1,400MW cable between Scotland and Norway. The high-voltage DC cable will need a plant in Peterhead to convert incoming electricity into AC power suitable for the National Grid and outgoing electricity into DC power.

-snip-

One of the problems highlighted by critics of renewable energy is that it can be hard to tailor output to demand. If the project goes ahead, one of the cable’s main uses will be to allow Scottish renewable producers to export surplus electricity, which can be used to help Norwegian hydro-electric stations to pump water into reservoirs, acting as a store for the energy which can later be released to create power at times of high demand. Project backers believe that it can contribute to enhanced security of energy supply in both the Nordic market area and UK, help deliver to more stable energy prices for consumers and facilitate the development of renewable generation in both regions.

Norway power link for North East - Local Businesses - Ellon Times

and

PLANS for a subsea power cable that would enable the export and import of electricity between Scotland and Norway have been submitted.

The proposal was described by a Scottish Government spokesman as the “genesis” of the drive towards development of a supergrid that connects Scotland to electricity markets across Europe.

NorthConnect, a Norwegian company jointly owned by Scottish and Southern Energy, Agder Energi, Lyse and Vattenfall has lodged its application with National Grid.

The 354 mile, 1,400MW cable would come to land at Peterhead, where it would connect to the electricity grid.

It would be the first cable to connect Scotland’s network to that of mainland Europe.

-snip-

Scotland is expected to generate large amounts of offshore wind power, whereas Norway has vast amounts of hydro power, meeting most of its electricity needs.

The cable would allow export and import between countries, potentially enabling low carbon supply with less need for back-up from fossil fuels.

It could also open up wider markets for Scotland’s surplus renewable energy.

-snip-

The Scottish Government has targets of generating the equivalent of 100 per cent of its electricity needs from renewable sources by 2020, but the same again from fossil fuels, meaning it could have a large surplus to export.

“An interconnector will connect our growth market UK with the Nordic market, contribute to security of supply in both regions and combine intermittent renewable capacities,” Harald von Heyden, head of asset optimisation and Trading at Vattenfall.

A Scottish Government spokesman said: “The EU recognises that an integrated European grid is essential to ensure Scotland’s resources fully contribute to Europe’s sustainable energy future.

“These plans constitute the first, vital step towards the integration of Scotland’s electricity network into such a pan-European grid.”

Cable to Norway could be subsea

Last edited:

G-d's design?

Norway will make large profitts on a project like that. They have 50% of all hydropower in the EU.

That will be good as long as Scotland does too :)

From admittedly a Conference speech yesterday

right now some two thirds of wave and tidal projects in Europe are in Scottish waters. That will soon be three-quarters. The announcement by Kawasaki Heavy Industries on Thursday of their intention to test in the Orkney Islands* *underlines the international impact that Scotland is now making..
And as we develop wave and tidal commercially in our waters then we will export that technology across the planet.

Alex Salmond delivers keynote speech | Scottish National Party

Last edited:

Must dash.

There is nothing delusional about this. Scotland has had Hydro Electricity for many years and is intent on being a world leader on Green energy.

Five firms eye UK-Norway power link by 2020 | Reuters

a few months later

A PROJECT to build a direct link between the Scottish and European electrical grids has come a step closer to fruition, after an application was submitted by the group behind the plans to connect to the National Grid at Peterhead.

NorthConnect, a Norwegian-registered consortium jointly owned by 5 companies including a subsidiary of Perth-based Scottish and Southern Energy, plans to build the 570 kilometre, 1,400MW cable between Scotland and Norway. The high-voltage DC cable will need a plant in Peterhead to convert incoming electricity into AC power suitable for the National Grid and outgoing electricity into DC power.

-snip-

One of the problems highlighted by critics of renewable energy is that it can be hard to tailor output to demand. If the project goes ahead, one of the cable’s main uses will be to allow Scottish renewable producers to export surplus electricity, which can be used to help Norwegian hydro-electric stations to pump water into reservoirs, acting as a store for the energy which can later be released to create power at times of high demand. Project backers believe that it can contribute to enhanced security of energy supply in both the Nordic market area and UK, help deliver to more stable energy prices for consumers and facilitate the development of renewable generation in both regions.

Norway power link for North East - Local Businesses - Ellon Times

and

PLANS for a subsea power cable that would enable the export and import of electricity between Scotland and Norway have been submitted.

The proposal was described by a Scottish Government spokesman as the “genesis” of the drive towards development of a supergrid that connects Scotland to electricity markets across Europe.

NorthConnect, a Norwegian company jointly owned by Scottish and Southern Energy, Agder Energi, Lyse and Vattenfall has lodged its application with National Grid.

The 354 mile, 1,400MW cable would come to land at Peterhead, where it would connect to the electricity grid.

It would be the first cable to connect Scotland’s network to that of mainland Europe.

-snip-

Scotland is expected to generate large amounts of offshore wind power, whereas Norway has vast amounts of hydro power, meeting most of its electricity needs.

The cable would allow export and import between countries, potentially enabling low carbon supply with less need for back-up from fossil fuels.

It could also open up wider markets for Scotland’s surplus renewable energy.

-snip-

The Scottish Government has targets of generating the equivalent of 100 per cent of its electricity needs from renewable sources by 2020, but the same again from fossil fuels, meaning it could have a large surplus to export.

“An interconnector will connect our growth market UK with the Nordic market, contribute to security of supply in both regions and combine intermittent renewable capacities,” Harald von Heyden, head of asset optimisation and Trading at Vattenfall.

A Scottish Government spokesman said: “The EU recognises that an integrated European grid is essential to ensure Scotland’s resources fully contribute to Europe’s sustainable energy future.

“These plans constitute the first, vital step towards the integration of Scotland’s electricity network into such a pan-European grid.”

Cable to Norway could be subsea

Scotland is a waste.

The Daily Telegraph: Israel The Start Up Nation Taking On Silicon Valley. Israel's strong technology start up scene has correctly earned the tiny state its growing reputation as the world's second Silicon Valley
Israel: The start up nation taking on Silicon Valley - Telegraph
Israel, despite being the 100th smallest country in the world, which can fit into Europe 459 times, has the highest number of companies listed on the NASDAQ after America.
It also has highest number of high-tech start ups, estimated to be 3,500, ranging from internet companies to software solutions, outside of the US.

...many technology companies, including Google, Microsoft and Intel, choose to have their major research and development (R and D) centres inside this small state.

This prowess in technology has resulted in leaders and high profile figures from around the world to make regular visits to the small embattled state to see the start up nation in action. Earlier this month for instance, the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Michael Bear, flew into Israel to promote the UK's capital as the best place for Israeli’s to list their companies and to find out about opportunities for UK based fund managers to invest in Israeli technology businesses.

Warren Buffett
We believe generally in the United States, we believe in ourselves and what a young country can achieve. Israel, since 1948, now a major factor in commerce and in the world. It's a smaller replica of what has been accomplished here and I think Americans admire that. They feel good about societies that are on the move.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaN_2nFqFtI]Warren Buffet Supports the U.S.-Israel Relationship - YouTube[/ame]

JStone are you trying to suggest that Israel will be supplying renewable energy resources to Europe in the forseable future?

No, I thought not.

You are still playing the five year old's 'I'm better than you' game.

:eusa_naughty: Go to the Romper room.

Last edited:
JStone are you trying to suggest that Israel will be supplying renewable energy resources to Europe in the forseable future?

No, I thought not.

You are still playing the five year old's 'I'm better than you' game.

:eusa_naughty: Go to the Romper room.

Israel is the global leader. Scotland, not so much

Israel: An Emerging Leader in Clean Technologies
Climate concerns show no sign of abating. But today, this challenge has a silver lining. Like doctors racing to find a cure for a deadly disease, countries are competing to find the best methods to solve global warming, building entire markets around their quest. Israel is one of the most prominent of them all. After establishing the country as the leader in green technologies like micro-irrigation and water desalination, Israeli start-up firms have embraced clean energy solutions. Their early successes are attracting Silicon Valley venture capital firms to fund more Israeli clean technology enterprises. With its homegrown technical expertise and a highly-skilled and educated workforce, Israel is better placed than most other countries to develop alternative energy technologies.

And Israel is clearly leveraging that advantage. Seambiotic, an Israeli start-up, has developed the technology to grow algae using waste gas from coal-based power plants. Besides animal and fish feed, the algae can also be used to produce bio-fuels. And Brightsource, a solar thermal energy firm, has designed what it calls ‘power towers’ which generate superheated steam by focusing sunlight to a boiler using an array of mirrors. Efficient turbines run on the superheated steam, which is converted back to water and sent back to the boiler to be reused. Brightsource has now inked contracts with electric utilities in California to set up solar thermal plants in the Mojave Desert. Ormat Technologies is already a leading manufacturer of geothermal power equipment, though Israel has no geothermal energy sources.

With the approximate size of New Jersey and a population of a mere 7.5 million, how has Israel forged ahead in a highly competitive sector like clean technology? Among others, the most relevant answer is necessity. The Israeli landscape, made up of long, shimmering stretches of desert, has forced the people to be resourceful. Before clean technology became a fashionable topic of conversation and an environmentalist pursuit, Israel had been quietly practicing green thinking in its community farms, or kibbutzes. Since then, the country has been squeezing out the maximum results from the sun, wind, soil and water. This is true, especially of water, particularly in the practices of drip irrigation, water reuse, recycling, and reclamation technology. Israel currently leads the world in wastewater management by recycling 70% of its wastewater, three times more than that of Spain, the second on the list.

What’s more, Israel has one of the most technically trained workforces in the world, boasting 135 engineers per 10,000, surpassing the United States. This has been one of the pins tagging Israel on the world map. Akin to a gold rush, venture capitalists from all over have flocked to invest in Israel. Around 40 venture funds, most of them from the U.S., are now estimated to have over $10 billion under management in Israel, with a major chunk devoted to the clean technology sector. Israel even has a cooperation agreement with the U.S., signed into law in 2007 by then President George Bush, which allows the two countries to work together on renewable energy projects.

Apart from its electric car efforts, Israel is bulking up its wind energy sector, planning to triple the use of wind energy in the next ten years. Sovna, an Israeli start-up, has pioneered wind energy farms in urban environments using small turbines placed on roof tops. But the biggest potential for wind energy lies in the Golan Heights, a windswept plateau. Its far-reaching landscape already contains 18 wind turbines originally used in times of antiquity. If all goes according to plan, by 2011 these aging structures will be replaced with the first of seven wind turbines.

Israel has been acclaimed as one of the most resilient economies in the world and recently gained entry into The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). This is a turning point, as the country finds its place at the table among the major economies of the world. Through its exports, international joint ventures and technology licensing, Israel is promoting its green energy value on the global front. But equally important, Israel is now also making the push to safeguard that economy with an equally resilient green shield.

Israel: An emerging leader in clean technologies

G-d's design?

Norway will make large profitts on a project like that. They have 50% of all hydropower in the EU.

And they will still need petroleum products for the next few decades years or so.

Maybe hundreds of years more. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back