Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here’

By Global Research News

Global Research, December 01, 2012

I sat in on a lecture, given in English, to maybe fifty or more young men and women at a college in Ramadi.

Then a young man in the front row only a couple of feet from me said in a quiet voice “We have nothing to say. The last years have been only sad ones.” Again there was silence.

Sami, my host from Najaf and part of the Muslim Peacemaker Team, stood and shared. He told the story of how, after the U.S. bombing assaults on Fallujah, he and others came from the Shia cities of Najaf and Karbala, to carry out a symbolic act of cleaning up rubble and trash in the streets of Fallujah. This gesture, he said, melted hearts and healed some of the brokenness between Sunni and Shia. He
spoke of the delegation of peacemakers from the United States who were just in Najaf for twelve days, of the work to build bridges and seek reconciliation.

An impassioned young woman from the middle of the lecture hall spoke up. It was obviously not easy for her. “It is not,” she said, “about lack of water and electricity [something I had mentioned]. You have destroyed everything. You have destroyed our country. You have destroyed what is inside of us! You have destroyed our ancient civilization. You have taken our smiles from us. You have
taken our dreams!”

Someone asked, “Why did you this? What did we do to you that you would do this to us?”

“Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here,” said another. “They destroyed the childhood. You don’t destroy everything and then say ‘We’re sorry.’ “You don’t commit crimes and then say ‘Sorry.’”

“To bomb us and then send teams to do investigations on the effects of the bombs…No, it will not be forgotten. It is not written on our hearts, it is carved in our hearts.”

‘Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here
So, what was up with all those thousands upon thousands of Iraqi's going batshit crazy and celebrating in the streets when it became very clear that Sadaam's sorry ass was no longer a factor?.....What was up when all those Iraqi's were wailing and crying at the horror of all the mass graves being unearthed. You know, those graves that were continually filled by Sadaam and his sadistic cronies?

Quit your fucking bitching, and start taking advantage of the golden opportunity given to you by US and Allied forces who sacrified life and limb to free you from oppression and tyranny.

And don't forget, you owe us a hell of a lot of money for the efforts we put forth, and that debt WILL be paid.

By Global Research News

Global Research, December 01, 2012

I sat in on a lecture, given in English, to maybe fifty or more young men and women at a college in Ramadi.

Then a young man in the front row only a couple of feet from me said in a quiet voice “We have nothing to say. The last years have been only sad ones.” Again there was silence.

Sami, my host from Najaf and part of the Muslim Peacemaker Team, stood and shared. He told the story of how, after the U.S. bombing assaults on Fallujah, he and others came from the Shia cities of Najaf and Karbala, to carry out a symbolic act of cleaning up rubble and trash in the streets of Fallujah. This gesture, he said, melted hearts and healed some of the brokenness between Sunni and Shia. He
spoke of the delegation of peacemakers from the United States who were just in Najaf for twelve days, of the work to build bridges and seek reconciliation.

An impassioned young woman from the middle of the lecture hall spoke up. It was obviously not easy for her. “It is not,” she said, “about lack of water and electricity [something I had mentioned]. You have destroyed everything. You have destroyed our country. You have destroyed what is inside of us! You have destroyed our ancient civilization. You have taken our smiles from us. You have
taken our dreams!”

Someone asked, “Why did you this? What did we do to you that you would do this to us?”

“Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here,” said another. “They destroyed the childhood. You don’t destroy everything and then say ‘We’re sorry.’ “You don’t commit crimes and then say ‘Sorry.’”

“To bomb us and then send teams to do investigations on the effects of the bombs…No, it will not be forgotten. It is not written on our hearts, it is carved in our hearts.”

‘Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here
So, what was up with all those thousands upon thousands of Iraqi's going batshit crazy and celebrating in the streets when it became very clear that Sadaam's sorry ass was no longer a factor?.....What was up when all those Iraqi's were wailing and crying at the horror of all the mass graves being unearthed. You know, those graves that were continually filled by Sadaam and his sadistic cronies?

Quit your fucking bitching, and start taking advantage of the golden opportunity given to you by US and Allied forces who sacrified life and limb to free you from oppression and tyranny.

And don't forget, you owe us a hell of a lot of money for the efforts we put forth, and that debt WILL be paid.

"Owe us money" LOL. Yeah, keep an alert eye on the mailbox for that check. To: Some dude From: Uncle Same Memo: Iraq Return on Investment Signed: Dickhead

We may have done the things you claim, that remains to be seen since we are still there and they are not functioning independently, but we did it for profit, no other reason. Iraq already gave some of us "a hell of a lot of money", it just wasn't you and me.

They did though, he put them down hard.

'tis the story of time. Eventually people win if they want it bad enough.

Either way, Iraq wasn't a threat to the USA and we shouldn't be attacking people preemptively anyway.

Well with the price we paid, thats a very hard point to argue.
We paid a price. The US has made polemic mistakes before, but this one is more like Korea than Vietnam. For all the outcry, there can be little doubt today that Iraq is not ruled by a psychopath. the same cannot be said for Korea. Vietnam was a lesson in futility which we paid a far greater price.

The American people NEVER elected Bush 43.

Its my one solace that the American people are not the monsters they think we are
While there is nothing we can do to fully compensate for what George W. Bush and his conspirators maneuvered our Nation into doing to the Iraqi people, I believe it is important that we turn Bush and Cheney over to the World Court, try them for their war crimes, then let the Iraqi people have them.

Again, it won't fully compensate. But it is likely to prevent at least one terrorist retaliation which the future surely has in store for us. The Iraq invasion has engendered far more raging hatred for us than the average American is able to imagine. And it's Bush's fault.

We owe that bastard.

The American people NEVER elected Bush 43.

Its my one solace that the American people are not the monsters they think we are
While there is nothing we can do to fully compensate for what George W. Bush and his conspirators maneuvered our Nation into doing to the Iraqi people, I believe it is important that we turn Bush and Cheney over to the World Court, try them for their war crimes, then let the Iraqi people have them.

Again, it won't fully compensate. But it is likely to prevent at least one terrorist retaliation which the future surely has in store for us. The Iraq invasion has engendered far more raging hatred for us than the average American is able to imagine. And it's Bush's fault.

We owe that bastard.

I assume you want the same for Obama?

Regardless of what one may think, Bush had the courage and leadership to clean up what Iraqi's didn't have the ability to do for themselves,

Who the fuck are you to stomp from country to country dictating people how they should live their lives???!!!!!

Regardless of what one may think, Bush had the courage and leadership to clean up what Iraqi's didn't have the ability to do for themselves,

Who the fuck are you to stomp from country to country dictating people how they should live their lives???!!!!!

You can't blame them it's all they know. The Statists already run the USA, guess they wanted to try global domination.

I don't know about "country to country", but with what little I recall from your extremist dogma, you seem almost dedicated to dictate what people must do.

I don't know about "country to country", but with what little I recall from your extremist dogma, you seem almost dedicated to dictate what people must do.

Yes: MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!

You want a list of countries the US/UK tandem destroyed in the past 20+ years?

fI you mind your own business and cut the self-righteous shit, you've got a deal. Oh yeah, get over the Soviet Union. Like all that stupid shit, its demise was fated.

I hope the USA is on that list and it's been a lot longer than 20 years darling, we are just doing it with more zeal, most gusto, than before.

Really there is no paradise country IMO that behaves correctly all the time. Maybe some island with like 6 people on it.

Either way, Iraq wasn't a threat to the USA and we shouldn't be attacking people preemptively anyway.

Amen to that.
There is absolutely no way to justify a pre-emptive war. There is certainly nothing American or legal about it.

Forum List

Back