Iraqi Officer Identifies Himself as Source of 45-Minute Claim on Saddam's Arms

Originally posted by Lefty Wilbury
your woking with obl!

Yes, but I'm still right! :laugh:
yep from 93 and everything still points they had them. all they ever had to do was point to the stop where they dumped them and said we dumped them there.

I think you summed it up best when you called Hussein a nut. In his twisted world I'm sure he had some kind of rationale for failing to do this, perhaps to leave some doubt in Tehrans mind.
i don't consider iraq pre emption. others might i don't considering we've acted militarly againest them dozens of times before. i call those earlier acts war.
The doctrine of preemption was created in response to the UNs' unwillingness to invade Iraq and depose the Hussein regime. It explains why we are doing this without UN sanction. Look at the speech, it is an interesting read in light of what has and has not been discovered in iraq
the thing is about wmd in iraq is all the reports that were coming out of iraq in the early days...so as far as we know someone could have went to the armory where the stored and moved them.

More likely they were never there. A lot of claims are made, a lot of previous claims have turned out to be false. The parties most interested in this war are spinning their little hearts out, we just need to be careful not to step in it.
when i see a person from pnac come forward saying they were involved and this was their plan then we'll talk.

I got the Vice Presidents signed statement. What do you want him to do before you'll accept it, read it on television? Here's an ABC News story involving PNAC. . It is very much for real Lefty. Arguing otherwise is disregarding the facts. Cheny, Rumsfeld, et al do belong to it and they did sign those documents.
your only breaking the law if you get caught.

My, :eek2: you are a Republican, aren't you? :laugh:
i don't consider documents on the internet to be evidence because they can be forged very easly.

That's why you look closely at the site that houses the document. In this case it is the conservative think tanks maintains the site and they have in this manner for at least 2 years.
it was botulinum. i consider them one in the same. here's a pic of what they found:
from Kay ReportAmong them was a vial of live C. botulinum Okra B. from which a biological agent can be produced.
This discovery -- hidden in the home of a BW scientist -- illustrates the point I made earlier about the difficulty of locating small stocks of material that can be used to covertly surge production of deadly weapons.

Your describing a weapon. He's found referent strains in a bucket under a scientists roses. To get from the rose bush to your RPG is a long, complex and dangerous process. As for the Korean argument, no document was presented substantiating this statement...
a high level dialogue between Iraq and North Korea that began in December 1999 and included an October 2000 meeting in Baghdad.
If the document is ever presented, we can see if Dr. Kays' interpretation is accurate or speculation, like so much of the administrations case for the invasion of Iraq.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13026#post13026it's my last post in it where the guy talks about myths and facts.
Lefty, Stuart Cohen is a retired CIA analyst who was hand-picked by my boy, George Tenet, to write a threat assesment for Iraq along with three others with similar backgrounds and dispositions. Cohen has been chosen as the front man for that crew. Bits and peices of the assesment have been leaked, we were discussing it in another thread. The actual document rates the probablility of things like, Iraq having an active chemical program. Every rating comes with a disclaimer that other agencies (most prominently, the CIA) don't support this claim, but since they put it in the back, GWB didn't read it. Their boss, Mr. T. can skate through Senate investigations like grass through a goose, his document warned the administration that Iraq might have begun to comply with the UN resolutions, it just wasn't the majority view. That's what they did to create the assesment, read analyses from multiple agencies and total them for a majority view. One source they used for analysis was the Office of Strategic Planning at the DOD. It's a three man crew run by Doug Feithe. He's a Rumsfeld appointee. Not familiar with the name??? Go back to the PNAC link and look for it on the signed documents, he's a member of that "think tank". He specifically is under sentate investigation and recently leaked his own "Case Closed" on some pre-war intell, picked up by the weaklystandard. The DOD, Mr Feithes' employer, immediately issued a release stating they did not support Mr. Feithes statements and the story died on the frontpages of that...publication.
Lefty, c'mon I beleive George T. is our overlord and PNAC is aggitating right now to finnish what they started in Iraq. You really think I'm not watching the battles in this quiet little war? If this ever spills over into the public domain (and it most certainly will in an election year) I think Feithe is a dead man walking (figuratively speaking, of course).As far as Cohen, he's a good soldier. Made a report with enough wiggle room to keep the hands of the CIA clean, gave the Administration enough information to make them dangerous. The result? The guy who runs Iraq is Mr. Ts' henchman, (ex?) CIA.
Nothing happens in a vacuum lefty. That's what makes it fun

Originally posted by dijetlo
I got the Vice Presidents signed statement. What do you want him to do before you'll accept it, read it on television? Here's an ABC News story involving PNAC. . It is very much for real Lefty. Arguing otherwise is disregarding the facts. Cheny, Rumsfeld, et al do belong to it and they did sign those documents.

i know that interview but what i'm saying is when someone says we used wmd to cover our agenda in iraq then we'll talk.

My, :eek2: you are a Republican, aren't you? :laugh:

i'm a registered independent. fiscally conservative, socially more liberal. just an example would be globel warming. the idea that some how the world is going to end over pollution is really a scare tactic. first the world would freeze then it was it's getting too warm. science can't back up either and the fact that people are on the planet for such a minut period of time isn't going to change things for the worse or better. the world was turning temps were rising and falling long before we came around and will keep turning long after we're gone. i look at it is pollution makes things look like shit but the world isn't going to end over it anytime soon.

Your describing a weapon. He's found referent strains in a bucket under a scientists roses. To get from the rose bush to your RPG is a long, complex and dangerous process. As for the Korean argument, no document was presented substantiating this statement...If the document is ever presented, we can see if Dr. Kays' interpretation is accurate or speculation, like so much of the administrations case for the invasion of Iraq.[/B]

your confuseing two things: the under the rose bush was centrfuge parts and the vials were in a scientist fridge. he came to us saying what they were and why he had them.

Lefty, Stuart Cohen is a retired CIA analyst who was hand-picked by my boy, George Tenet, to write a threat assesment for Iraq along with three others with similar backgrounds and dispositions. Cohen has been chosen as the front man for that crew. Bits and peices of the assesment have been leaked, we were discussing it in another thread. The actual document rates the probablility of things like, Iraq having an active chemical program. Every rating comes with a disclaimer that other agencies (most prominently, the CIA) don't support this claim, but since they put it in the back, GWB didn't read it. Their boss, Mr. T. can skate through Senate investigations like grass through a goose, his document warned the administration that Iraq might have begun to comply with the UN resolutions, it just wasn't the majority view. That's what they did to create the assesment, read analyses from multiple agencies and total them for a majority view. One source they used for analysis was the Office of Strategic Planning at the DOD. It's a three man crew run by Doug Feithe. He's a Rumsfeld appointee. Not familiar with the name??? Go back to the PNAC link and look for it on the signed documents, he's a member of that "think tank". He specifically is under sentate investigation and recently leaked his own "Case Closed" on some pre-war intell, picked up by the weaklystandard. The DOD, Mr Feithes' employer, immediately issued a release stating they did not support Mr. Feithes statements and the story died on the frontpages of that...publication.
Lefty, c'mon I beleive George T. is our overlord and PNAC is aggitating right now to finnish what they started in Iraq. You really think I'm not watching the battles in this quiet little war? If this ever spills over into the public domain (and it most certainly will in an election year) I think Feithe is a dead man walking (figuratively speaking, of course).As far as Cohen, he's a good soldier. Made a report with enough wiggle room to keep the hands of the CIA clean, gave the Administration enough information to make them dangerous. The result? The guy who runs Iraq is Mr. Ts' henchman, (ex?) CIA.
Nothing happens in a vacuum lefty. That's what makes it fun

if tenets is the overlord then clinton is pulling the strings because he's clinton cia chief.

i know that interview but what i'm saying is when someone says we used wmd to cover our agenda in iraq then we'll talk.
I'm ready when you are.
look like shit but the world isn't going to end over it anytime soon.

When I get a spare moment, I'll look up an enviro peice and post it in the Political Races board. Let the games commence!!!!
[/b] then clinton is pulling the strings because he's clinton cia chief. [/B]
Ahhh, grasshopper, you disregard the most likely interpretation, a third force is holding both their strings.

I'm ready when you are.

When I get a spare moment, I'll look up an enviro peice and post it in the Political Races board. Let the games commence!!!!

i've got stuff on both sides of the issue but i still say if they can't predict the weather right 72 hours from now forget 72 days,months or years.

Ahhh, grasshopper, you disregard the most likely interpretation, a third force is holding both their strings.

i knew the Bilderberg Group was in on it!

i knew the Bilderberg Group was in on it!
Power is subtle, Lefty. Let's pick Powell as an example. Powell is considered a moderate Repub, right? He is, by default, the leading proponent of a school of thought in the US called internationalism. (He's the Sec. State). Internationalism says that we solve our external problems through consensus building and negotiation between nations. They oppose unilateral use of military force and are leary of ad-hoc coalitions. They are by no means pacifists but acknowledge that the rest of the world percieves the UN to be the validating authority on matters of international conflict.
Rumsfeld, as the counter point, is a militarist. I'm not trying to be disparaging, he's Sec. Def. so he is supposed to be a militarist. He sees the US solving its' global problems primarily through coercion, the US military being the most coercive force in history, he has no intention of being restrained by something as insubstantial as world opinion.
Powells position would be associated with Bilderberg and Rumsfelds with PNAC. They are not enemies, any more than the posters here are. They are competing philosophies.
CIA wonk Tenet is the interesting peice on the board, your right. His position is not dictated by his job. CIA is not an entity that espouses either philosophy. At this point it hardly mattered. Tenet is a beurocrat. He had something else occupying his thoughts.
A little remembered tidbit about Director CIA...
Tenet was sworn in as Director of Central Intelligence on July 11, 1997, following a unanimous vote by both the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the full Senate. In his position, he heads the Intelligence Community (all foreign intelligence agencies of the United States) as well as directing the Central Intelligence Agency.
Hey, isn't that Tom Ridges job!!!! :eek2:
wasn't Dept of Homeland Defence supposed to unify intelligence in the wake of 9/11? He was supposed to be George Tenets superior, I wonder how Mr. T. felt about that?
No worries, salvation was near at hand, in the opportunity to write the October 2002 CIA Iraqi Threat Assesment(which did not necessarily reflect the Opinion of the CIA, according to its' authors). GWB wanted an intelligence document to back a military action in Iraq that he'd already verbaly commited to. He needed support for his primary justification at the time, which was WMD. CIA analysts didn't put much credence on the reports circulating about the Iraqi nuke program and had lost sight of the Chem/Bio programs for so long they were starting to downgrade them. All of that was in the appendix of the threat assesment, but apparently Karl Rove didn't read the footnotes. It was enough that most of the military Intelligence Services and DODs' Office of Strategic Planning (see reference to PNAC member, Doug Feithe, in prior post) considered an Iraqi nuke imminent
Tenet is an internationalist, or at least he appears to be having been endorsed by both GB 41 and Clinton.

Forum List

Back