Iraqi Nuclear Sites Were Stripped Methodically

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Oct 15, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    so that means looters didn't do it. so that means another dangerous gaffe during the iraqi war that will come back to haunt us. we go to war to stop saddam's WMD programs and keep him from spreading that stuff to other terrorists and oppressive regimes... but we don't secure the very sites where his henchmen and their allies could steal the nuclear equipment? jesus christ, WTF is wrong with the Pentagon?

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    What im seriously confused about is why all this double talk? Either Saddam didnt have the capacity to create nuclear weapons or all this equiment wasnt secure. i dont see how you can argue both sides.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    well i believed (and still do no matter what) he had WMD... he also had facilities that, in the wrong hands, could be used for horrific purposes and designs. the equipment at these facilities was stripped methodically by terrorists, arms traders or saddam loyalists (or some mix of all three) for the express purpose of inflicting mass destruction on the US or one of its allies in the near future.

my beef has always been with the often incompetent leadership of the Pentagon and inside the white house around the president in the conduct of this war. WTF were these sites not among the very first we secured?

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I agree--sounds like double talk to me too. The article isn't really specific enough about who has done the stripping. Perhaps the Iraqis and Americans know full well what has happened to these missing components. Halliburton would be one capable of dismantling these parts for future use in a safer place.