Iraqi Cities to Become Terrorist Controlled July 1, 2009

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. and Iraqi negotiators have agreed to a preliminary draft of an agreement on the future of U.S. troops in Iraq, a senior U.S. military official said.

Iraq says U.S. troops will be out of cities by June 30; the U.S. says the date is only a goal.

Officials from the two countries seem to disagree on what the agreement will say, however.

Earlier, Iraqi Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammed al-Haj Hamood indicated that it included a date of June 30 for U.S. troops to withdraw from Iraqi cities and villages. But the U.S. official said there are no dates in the agreement, only general time frames that would take into account conditions on the ground.

The U.S. source, though, said the June 30 date is a goal, but not set in stone.

"Not a deadline, it's not a timeline," he said. "It's conditions-permitting."

U.S. official: Draft of deal for Iraq pullout reached - CNN.com

That means we can bullshit voters until after the elections.

The whole thing is sprinkled with tidbits for Bush apologists to extract and use in an effort to paint this as something other than a timetable.

The whole thing is sprinkled with tidbits for Bush apologists to extract and use in an effort to paint this as something other than a timetable.

It better not be a timetable. Do you not understand that pulling out based upon artificial time and not based upon conditions on the ground is a horrible way to operate?

It better not be a timetable. Do you not understand that pulling out based upon artificial time and not based upon conditions on the ground is a horrible way to operate?

It's a timetable ... just reaching this tentative agreement shatters everything that has been coming from the Bush Administration about timetables ... pure hypocrisy ... sneaking in that it's based on "conditions on the ground" is just there for the sping meisters to play with ... by announcing that it's based on the "conditions on the ground" they've told the enemy there that if they chill out and go into hiding between now and the tentative date ... and things look good ... American forces are coming home in bulk.

The pro-war crowd has been calling those advocating this surrender monkey's ... cut and runners ... traitors!!!

But since BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH is saying that it's different it will be gobbled up like candy.

About Face!!!

It's a timetable ... just reaching this tentative agreement shatters everything that has been coming from the Bush Administration about timetables ... pure hypocrisy ... sneaking in that it's based on "conditions on the ground" is just there for the sping meisters to play with ... by announcing that it's based on the "conditions on the ground" they've told the enemy there that if they chill out and go into hiding between now and the tentative date ... and things look good ... American forces are coming home in bulk.

The pro-war crowd has been calling those advocating this surrender monkey's ... cut and runners ... traitors!!!

But since BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH is saying that it's different it will be gobbled up like candy.

About Face!!!

BULLSHIT. The plan ALL ALONG has been to turn over the job to the Iraqis. Which means at some point we leave the fighting to them. They say they are ready and seem to be doing ok at it, so we agree we will leave as they take over.

THAT was the plan ALL along.

BULLSHIT. The plan ALL ALONG has been to turn over the job to the Iraqis. Which means at some point we leave the fighting to them. They say they are ready and seem to be doing ok at it, so we agree we will leave as they take over.

THAT was the plan ALL along.

And now the Bush Administration has told the terrorists that they just need to lay low for less than a year then the Americans will leave ... I know if I were a terrorist leader that's what I would be telling my organization after hearing this news.

And now the Bush Administration has told the terrorists that they just need to lay low for less than a year then the Americans will leave ... I know if I were a terrorist leader that's what I would be telling my organization after hearing this news.

LOL, ya cause there are so many of them left. The US will maintain combat forces to assist the Iraqis for some time. THAT also has been the plan ALL along.

The day to day security will fall on the Iraqis with us maintaining a reaction force to aid them around the Country. Eventually we will cease the reaction forces as well or draw them down to something similar to Korea.

I guess the North Koreans missed the pull out of most of the American Army in early 50's?

LOL, ya cause there are so many of them left. The US will maintain combat forces to assist the Iraqis for some time. THAT also has been the plan ALL along.

The day to day security will fall on the Iraqis with us maintaining a reaction force to aid them around the Country. Eventually we will cease the reaction forces as well or draw them down to something similar to Korea.

I guess the North Koreans missed the pull out of most of the American Army in early 50's?

They knew they'd be facing total war if they made a move ... There's a glaring difference between North Korea and terrorists ... terrorists don't have a country ... nor do they think or act in the same way those with a country do ... they don't care ... and after all the U.S. has done they can't turn around and nuke Baghdad.

I am so happy that Bush and Co. are now implementing the plan that others once suggested...the plan that when anyone else suggested it, the Neo-cons characterized it as cowardly and caving into terrorism.

The fact that Bush and Co. have changed their minds, and now recognize that turning over Iraq to the Iraqi is a grand idea, really is the important thing.

The Iraq policy should not be about saving face, but about saving lives.

I think those of us who really care about the American troops, ought to just thank Bush for changing the course, and not worry too much about how we were insulted and called names by these guys for suggesting the plan that Bush has finally decided to implement.

All that matters is that finally Bush and company are waking up to reality.

I am so happy that Bush and Co. are now implementing the plan that others once suggested...the plan that when anyone else suggested it, the Neo-cons characterized it as cowardly and caving into terrorism.

The fact that Bush and Co. have changed their minds, and now recognize that turning over Iraq to the Iraqi is a grand idea, really is the important thing.

The Iraq policy should not be about saving face, but about saving lives.

I think those of us who really care about the American troops, ought to just thank Bush for changing the course, and not worry too much about how we were insulted and called names by these guys for suggesting the plan that Bush has finally decided to implement.

All that matters is that finally Bush and company are waking up to reality.

I think they are coming close to accomplishing another of the original goals. I know it's politically convenient to make it sound as if he is finally listening to the democrats but it's simply not true.

I think they are coming close to accomplishing another of the original goals. I know it's politically convenient to make it sound as if he is finally listening to the democrats but it's simply not true.

Nope, the entire plan from start to finish involved us turning security over to the Iraq Government. Anyone that was not a political hack would admit that and quit making false claims now. We will switch to some fire Brigades and eventually as the Iraqis get even better switch to just being there if they need us.

As was planned from day one.

More leftwing propoganda from Article 15....

THIS IS NOT A TIMETABLE, FOLKS!!!

This is merely just a schedule showing an estimated date in which we might start drawing down our troops.

More leftwing propoganda from Article 15....

THIS IS NOT A TIMETABLE, FOLKS!!!

This is merely just a schedule showing an estimated date in which we might start drawing down our troops.

But the liberals SO want to make it look as if they ended the war. It'll be pretty tough to honestly claim that when the framework is already beign set in motion.

But the liberals SO want to make it look as if they ended the war. It'll be pretty tough to honestly claim that when the framework is already beign set in motion.

You can count on it getting screwed up if Obama is President and the Democrats control both houses of Congress. His 16 months will become 5 or 6 and he will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. AND then blame Bush.

The liberals could have defunded the war and ended it a long time ago. But that's a separate issue. What's at issue here is conservatives and Republicans stating that if we gave a date for withdrawl or force reduction, terrorists would just wait until that date before reclaiming their cities.

You can count on it getting screwed up if Obama is President and the Democrats control both houses of Congress. His 16 months will become 5 or 6 and he will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. AND then blame Bush.

certainly a possiblity --all depending on conditions on the ground of course.:rolleyes:

I rather doubt that.

We'll see, of course.

The liberals could have defunded the war and ended it a long time ago. But that's a separate issue. What's at issue here is conservatives and Republicans stating that if we gave a date for withdrawl or force reduction, terrorists would just wait until that date before reclaiming their cities.

No the Government has been opposed to saying on x date we leave, no matter what. It has always been for turning over control of Iraq's day to day security to IRAQ. That has been the ENTIRE plan from day one.

It is now possible to talk about doing just that with tentative dates because the terrorists and the Insurgents have been broken. They are unable t just wait and attack later in any force, To many Iraqis are shooting them and turning them in.

Right, let's try to deflect and distract the tentative date for troop withdrawl by blaming this on Obama and the left.

:lol:

Forum List

Back