Iraqi Cities to Become Terrorist Controlled July 1, 2009

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Article 15, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    U.S. official: Draft of deal for Iraq pullout reached - CNN.com

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That means we can bullshit voters until after the elections.

3. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    The whole thing is sprinkled with tidbits for Bush apologists to extract and use in an effort to paint this as something other than a timetable.

4. TeachMe

TeachMe Student of Politics

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It better not be a timetable. Do you not understand that pulling out based upon artificial time and not based upon conditions on the ground is a horrible way to operate?

5. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    It's a timetable ... just reaching this tentative agreement shatters everything that has been coming from the Bush Administration about timetables ... pure hypocrisy ... sneaking in that it's based on "conditions on the ground" is just there for the sping meisters to play with ... by announcing that it's based on the "conditions on the ground" they've told the enemy there that if they chill out and go into hiding between now and the tentative date ... and things look good ... American forces are coming home in bulk.

The pro-war crowd has been calling those advocating this surrender monkey's ... cut and runners ... traitors!!!

But since BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH is saying that it's different it will be gobbled up like candy.

About Face!!!

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,947
    BULLSHIT. The plan ALL ALONG has been to turn over the job to the Iraqis. Which means at some point we leave the fighting to them. They say they are ready and seem to be doing ok at it, so we agree we will leave as they take over.

THAT was the plan ALL along.

7. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    And now the Bush Administration has told the terrorists that they just need to lay low for less than a year then the Americans will leave ... I know if I were a terrorist leader that's what I would be telling my organization after hearing this news.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,947
    LOL, ya cause there are so many of them left. The US will maintain combat forces to assist the Iraqis for some time. THAT also has been the plan ALL along.

The day to day security will fall on the Iraqis with us maintaining a reaction force to aid them around the Country. Eventually we will cease the reaction forces as well or draw them down to something similar to Korea.

I guess the North Koreans missed the pull out of most of the American Army in early 50's?

9. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    They knew they'd be facing total war if they made a move ... There's a glaring difference between North Korea and terrorists ... terrorists don't have a country ... nor do they think or act in the same way those with a country do ... they don't care ... and after all the U.S. has done they can't turn around and nuke Baghdad.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I am so happy that Bush and Co. are now implementing the plan that others once suggested...the plan that when anyone else suggested it, the Neo-cons characterized it as cowardly and caving into terrorism.

The fact that Bush and Co. have changed their minds, and now recognize that turning over Iraq to the Iraqi is a grand idea, really is the important thing.

The Iraq policy should not be about saving face, but about saving lives.

I think those of us who really care about the American troops, ought to just thank Bush for changing the course, and not worry too much about how we were insulted and called names by these guys for suggesting the plan that Bush has finally decided to implement.

All that matters is that finally Bush and company are waking up to reality.