Iraqi Arrested in U.S. Soldier's Shooting

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** These guys have incredible restraint. This man shot a fellow soldier in the back, I would have returned the favor. **

TIKRIT, Iraq - U.S. troops arrested a Saddam Hussein loyalist early Sunday suspected in last month's shooting of an American soldier who was saved by his flak jacket, the Army said.

Acting on a neighbor's tip, soldiers arrested the man in a raid on his home in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, said Lt. Col. Steve Russell, commander of the 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment of the Army's 4th Infantry Division.

The soldier allegedly shot by the Iraqi, Sgt. Jeffrey Allen of Leitchfield, Ky., made the arrest, Russell said. Russell described the Iraqi man, whose identity was not revealed, as a member of Saddam's former Fedayeen paramilitary fighters.

Allen was shot twice in the back on Dec. 30 during a patrol in Tikrit. He was saved by the protective back plate in his flak jacket, Russell said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=2&u=/ap/20040111/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_arrests

Originally posted by jimnyc
** These guys have incredible restraint. This man shot a fellow soldier in the back, I would have returned the favor. **

TIKRIT, Iraq - U.S. troops arrested a Saddam Hussein loyalist early Sunday suspected in last month's shooting of an American soldier who was saved by his flak jacket, the Army said.

Acting on a neighbor's tip, soldiers arrested the man in a raid on his home in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit, said Lt. Col. Steve Russell, commander of the 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment of the Army's 4th Infantry Division.

The soldier allegedly shot by the Iraqi, Sgt. Jeffrey Allen of Leitchfield, Ky., made the arrest, Russell said. Russell described the Iraqi man, whose identity was not revealed, as a member of Saddam's former Fedayeen paramilitary fighters.

Allen was shot twice in the back on Dec. 30 during a patrol in Tikrit. He was saved by the protective back plate in his flak jacket, Russell said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=2&u=/ap/20040111/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_arrests

I don't understand why this is news. I have always been under the assumption that dozens of these guys were being arrested or killed every day. Why is this guy a special case? Or are there very few Fedayeen being captured?

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
I don't understand why this is news. I have always been under the assumption that dozens of these guys were being arrested or killed every day. Why is this guy a special case? Or are there very few Fedayeen being captured?

-Bam

Dozens every day that have shot a US soldier in the back?

Forum List

Back