Iraqi Army shows 'no will to fight' in Ramadi

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Washington (CNN)Defense Secretary Ash Carter, in his first comments since the key town of Ramadi fell to ISIS, blamed the weak state of Iraq's military as one major reason for the city's fall, in an exclusive interview on CNN's "State of the Union" aired Sunday.

"What apparently happened was that the Iraqi forces just showed no will to fight," Carter told CNN's Barbara Starr. "They were not outnumbered. In fact, they vastly outnumbered the opposing force, and yet they failed to fight, they withdrew from the site, and that says to me, and I think to most of us, that we have an issue with the will of the Iraqis to fight ISIL and defend themselves."

Carter's remarks are the strongest yet from any Obama administration official speaking on the record since the last week's events when Ramadi fell. The U.S. has sped up the shipment of some arms to help boost Iraqi forces as ISIS has recently taken more territory, but the U.S. defense chief said Iraq's military needs to step up.

Carter Iraqis showed no will to fight in Ramadi - CNNPolitics.com

Isis is well trained. The Iraqis are not. Once obumble withdrew, he took all the training personnel out.

The Iraqi army soldiers have had extensive training and are supplied with plenty of weapons. But lack the internal motivation to fight and die for their foreign masters the Americans.

Whereas, ISIS is composed of people willing to lay down their lives for their ideology and vision of what they want Iraq to become in the future.

Kinda reminds me of the difference in motivation between the Northern and the Southern armies during the Vietnam war. ...... :cool:

We watched American Sniper last night, what a waste of life and limb, all in vain for the wealthy. We should never let our politicians get us into another crazy war for Saudi Arabia or Israel. Let them fight themselves.

We are always told how bad the Shiite Muslims are, due to Iran and Hezbollah (which I might add came in to being to fight in Lebanon against the Israelis since Lebanon had no military,) but it seems to me that Saudi Arabia Sunnis are worst and SA is a bigger sponsor of terrorism.

Last edited:
The Iraqi army soldiers have had extensive training and are supplied with plenty of weapons. But lack the internal motivation to fight and die for their foreign masters the Americans.

Whereas, ISIS is composed of people willing to lay down their lives for their ideology and vision of what they want Iraq to become in the future.

Kinda reminds me of the difference in motivation between the Northern and the Southern armies during the Vietnam war. ...... :cool:
Not really. ISIS are more like pirates and brigands, coupled with deluded religious fanatics that think their so-called 'calliphate' will ever be anything more than fantasy - especially since their territory is an Orwellian style shit hole (and even North Korea is better)

The North Vietnamese actually wanted to establish a country and hold international credibility, they didn't initially view America as an enemy, and their leaders weren't religious fanatics. America despite the war, now trades with Vietnam, and has some military co-operation, so it isn't at all similar.

Yup. Pretty well sums it up rather nicely.
And crapistans military appears to be fighting an unsustainable war and they too will soon enough crap out.

God bless our troops, and thank you for your outstanding service to this great nation. You've done everything asked of you and more.

When Bush invaded Iraq, and then proceeded to occupy and nation build, that was one of the biggest mistakes America has ever made.

South Korea and south Vietnam were the biggest mistakes of all.

America has left far to many shit stains on the world !

God bless our troops, and thank you for your outstanding service to this great nation. You've done everything asked of you and more.

You certainly got the right perspective on this issue. Our own military who trained them repeatedly expressed doubts as to their level of commitment to the defense of their nation.

Such is the folly of nation building. Such is the idiocy of the Decider.

Why? As I've explained repeatedly and at length, it's impossible to fight for another country's freedom. If they don't have the desire to fight for it themselves, they won't fight to preserve it even if it's given to them on a silver platter. The reason freedom has endured so long in America is because we were willing to fight and die for it. We paid a dear price and future generations remembered that price.

Iraq never should have been "liberated". If they weren't willing to do it for themselves, they don't deserve it.

We watched American Sniper last night, what a waste of life and limb, all in vain for the wealthy. We should never let our politicians get us into another crazy war for Saudi Arabia or Israel. Let them fight themselves.

We are always told how bad the Shiite Muslims are, due to Iran and Hezbollah (which I might add came in to being to fight in Lebanon against the Israelis since Lebanon had no military,) but it seems to me that Saudi Arabia Sunnis are worst and SA is a bigger sponsor of terrorism.

you seem obsessed with the "rich folks" Penelope----besides being functionally illiterate. You also seem to
believe that "they" are trying to "tell" you something. If "they" told you that Lebanon had no
military before Hezbollah got there------"they" lied.
Have you ever encountered "they"??? What else do
"they" tell you? Do you ever base that which "seems to..." you on actual knowledge or do you always just
base that which you 'know" on vague 'feelings'???
When did "they" start telling you things about what
the rich folk are trying to get you to believe? I am
amazed that "they" talk to you about Shiites----in
particular, as opposed to sunnis.

Forum List

Back