Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

Nope, Got proof that it did not happen ? Didn't think so. If they were peacefully assembled, where is Jerry Brown ? Where is the outcry ? None at all. The morons are already saying they will go back. If they do they will get more of the same, and that's part of there plan. They have to escalate the situation because the media is starting to ignore them. Nothing more then a cry for attention. And just because the guy claims to be a vet that does not excuse him for his stupidity.

That is a nonsensical argument.

Do I have proof that martians didn't come down from the sky and shoot someone in the head with a death ray?

No. Nor do I need any.

I have proof of the point I am making, you do not have any proof of the point you are making.

It is not my job to disprove your unproved, perhaps fictional tales.

Yes it is because you started a thread peddling your lies, and trying to use your supposed veteran status as well as the moron you are posting about to gain sympathy for an incident that most likely never happened . You read that crap you posted moron? No, you did not. No one says definitively that a teargas canister or flash bang caused the injury. That is also never definitively stated in your video. All that is mentioned is that there was a curved injury consistent with a tear gas canister, and that statement was made by another poster not a doctor or law enforcement official. For all we know the retard was hit by one of the beer bottles thrown by a protester. you have no evidence to the contrary, only opinion pieces from other protesters. So its you pushing the unproven fictional tails, as well as using service to this country as an excuse for bad behavior. That makes you a coward as well as a liar.

No cop shot the guy, he wasn't shot. He was injured by a flash bang, I expect he threw himself on top of it! To be injured by a flash bang you have to be very close, almost touching.

This guy is a vet? Really? With no more training than that?

A Stunning New Flash-Bang

"If a conventional flash-bang goes off in someone's hand or lap, they have the potential to do a lot of damage," Grubelich said. "But because ours do not operate with this pressure explosion, they will not cause severe blast injuries. You may get superficial flash burns but you won't lose any fingers."

Because the new device uses aluminum powder, it's very stable.

"It's not explosive material. You can dump it out onto the table and handle it with no danger at all," Grubelich said.

Pardon me if I'm fresh out of sympathy.

Psst... Ever hear of a "Granade Launcher"?

They're generally used in mob dispersal situations to launch grenades at a distance.

However, you are right, I do not have proof that a launcher was used. No proof that is except for the critical condition of the person who was hit.

Not even that. Most likeky he was hit by a beer bottle from a fellow protester.

Yes it is because you started a thread peddling your lies, and trying to use your supposed veteran status as well as the moron you are posting about to gain sympathy for an incident that most likely never happened . You read that crap you posted moron? No, you did not. No one says definitively that a teargas canister or flash bang caused the injury. That is also never definitively stated in your video. All that is mentioned is that there was a curved injury consistent with a tear gas canister, and that statement was made by another poster not a doctor or law enforcement official. For all we know the retard was hit by one of the beer bottles thrown by a protester. you have no evidence to the contrary, only opinion pieces from other protesters. So its you pushing the unproven fictional tails, as well as using service to this country as an excuse for bad behavior. That makes you a coward as well as a liar.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19199894

Scott Thomas Olsen, 24, of Onalaska, Wisc., was admitted to Highland late Tuesday after he was hit on the head above his right eye during clashes with police, said hospital spokesman Curt Olsen.

I imagine the hospital has some sort of "leftist agenda" though.

Not to mention the actual video of the event that I posted.

Meanwhile, you have no evidence of any kind to present, yet you make a case for some imagined assault on the part of protesters, and then you call ME a "liar".

You certainly have some issues, pal. Perhaps you need to involve yourself in some self-reflection for a while.

No cop shot the guy, he wasn't shot. He was injured by a flash bang, I expect he threw himself on top of it! To be injured by a flash bang you have to be very close, almost touching.

This guy is a vet? Really? With no more training than that?

A Stunning New Flash-Bang

"If a conventional flash-bang goes off in someone's hand or lap, they have the potential to do a lot of damage," Grubelich said. "But because ours do not operate with this pressure explosion, they will not cause severe blast injuries. You may get superficial flash burns but you won't lose any fingers."

Because the new device uses aluminum powder, it's very stable.

"It's not explosive material. You can dump it out onto the table and handle it with no danger at all," Grubelich said.

Pardon me if I'm fresh out of sympathy.

Psst... Ever hear of a "Granade Launcher"?

They're generally used in mob dispersal situations to launch grenades at a distance.

However, you are right, I do not have proof that a launcher was used. No proof that is except for the critical condition of the person who was hit.

Knowing protesters as I do, the guy could have a broken nail and it would be "critical". All reports say the flash-bang was "tossed". The protesters said he was shot. Of course they would say that and they weren't doing anything. Nothing at all! A peaceful protest.

Occupy Oakland: Vigil planned for former Marine hurt in protest [Updated] - latimes.com

Interim Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said Tuesday night that the tear gas and other measures were necessary because some in the crowd were throwing bottles, paint, eggs and other objects at officers.

Yeah, right, very peaceful.

you said in the OP it was a flash grenade. Now he's been shot????

Shot with a projectile grenade, yes.

However, I used that term only because it was used by eye-witnesses on the scene. I do not have absolute proof that a grenade launcher was in fact used, except for the actual injury of the person involved.

Knowing protesters as I do, the guy could have a broken nail and it would be "critical". All reports say the flash-bang was "tossed". The protesters said he was shot. Of course they would say that and they weren't doing anything. Nothing at all! A peaceful protest.

Occupy Oakland: Vigil planned for former Marine hurt in protest [Updated] - latimes.com

Interim Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said Tuesday night that the tear gas and other measures were necessary because some in the crowd were throwing bottles, paint, eggs and other objects at officers.

Actually, all reports say that the grenade was "shot".

Whether you choose to believe the protesters who this account comes from is another matter, but it is not an uncommon tactic for police to launch grenades using launchers in order to retain distance from the crowd.

Scott Thomas Olsen, 24, of Onalaska, Wisc., was admitted to Highland late Tuesday after he was hit on the head above his right eye during clashes with police, said hospital spokesman Curt Olsen.

I imagine the hospital has some sort of "leftist agenda" though.

Not to mention the actual video of the event that I posted.

Meanwhile, you have no evidence of any kind to present, yet you make a case for some imagined assault on the part of protesters, and then you call ME a "liar".

You certainly have some issues, pal. Perhaps you need to involve yourself in some self-reflection for a while.

Hm. Lie harder asshole.

http://www.baycitizen.org/occupy-movement/story/iraq-vet-critically-wounded-occupy/

An Oakland police officer told The Bay Citizen that the police department is investigating a use of force incident that caused serious injuries, but that it may not be OPD who was responsible. On Tuesday night, Oakland police said officers did not use any rubber bullets or non-lethal munitions to quell the protest.

No matter how much you want it to be true, that does not make it so.

There is also the fact that you have not produced ANY definitive evidence he was shot with a tear gas canister. Only statements from other protesters that was the case.

Hm. Lie harder asshole.

http://www.baycitizen.org/occupy-movement/story/iraq-vet-critically-wounded-occupy/

An Oakland police officer told The Bay Citizen that the police department is investigating a use of force incident that caused serious injuries, but that it may not be OPD who was responsible. On Tuesday night, Oakland police said officers did not use any rubber bullets or non-lethal munitions to quell the protest.

No matter how much you want it to be true, that does not make it so.

Ahh, so, your "proof" is the testimony of an Oakland police officer. Possibly the one that was responsible.

Well, that's convincing.

Oh, and "lie harder asshole" is generally not a very convincing introduction to a point in an argument.

That is, unless it's an argument about who's a larger asshole. Though, I assume that's an argument you engage in quite often.

There is also the fact that you have not produced ANY definitive evidence he was shot with a tear gas canister. Only statements from other protesters that was the case.

Except the video.... which clearly shows a flash-bang grenade exploding at point blank range in the middle of a group of closely huddled protesters.

But hey, I guess that grenade was transported there by a martian teleportation device, and didn't hit anyone at all. Clearly that is the most likely explanation.

Actually, all reports say that the grenade was "shot".

Whether you choose to believe the protesters who this account comes from is another matter, but it is not an uncommon tactic for police to launch grenades using launchers in order to retain distance from the crowd.

And your innocent protesters huh ?

San Francisco Bay Area news roundup | abc7news.com

Oakland police officers in riot gear used less-than-lethal weapons against a group of about 300 protesters Tuesday night in confrontations stemming from the police raid on the "Occupy Oakland" encampment early that morning.

During Tuesday night's protest, many officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles, police spokeswoman Cynthia Perkins said.

Some officers had bright blue paint thrown on them during the confrontations.

The group of protesters had gathered outside the downtown library at 14th and Madison Streets around 4 p.m., then began a march toward City Hall.

Except the video.... which clearly shows a flash-bang grenade exploding at point blank range in the middle of a group of closely huddled protesters.

But hey, I guess that grenade was transported there by a martian teleportation device, and didn't hit anyone at all. Clearly that is the most likely explanation.

But you said they shot the man in the head ? And you neglect the fact that the cops had rocks, bottles and blue paint thrown at them all night. You still have NO proof the punk was shot with a tear gas canister.

Oakland police officers in riot gear used less-than-lethal weapons against a group of about 300 protesters Tuesday night in confrontations stemming from the police raid on the "Occupy Oakland" encampment early that morning.

During Tuesday night's protest, many officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles, police spokeswoman Cynthia Perkins said.

The group of protesters had gathered outside the downtown library at 14th and Madison Streets around 4 p.m., then began a march toward City Hall.

1. "police spokeswoman Cynthia Perkins said"

2. Is there any evidence that "officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles"? If so, I haven't seen it, and you have not produced it.

3. Even if there were evidence of point 2, which there has not been, is there any evidence that "officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles" BEFORE officers started assaulting protesters and , dousing them with hazardous materials? Because if the police started going it first, then it's a case of self-defense.

But you said they shot the man in the head ? And you neglect the fact that the cops had rocks, bottles and blue paint thrown at them all night. You still have NO proof the punk was shot with a tear gas canister.

You're right.

I only have the following proof

1. Video evidence that the police did in fact shoot a flash bang at a crowd of people,

2. The laws of physics to tell me that it probably hit someone, to stop it's forward momentum.

and

3. That a patient was admitted to a local hospital soon after the event, with injuries that the doctor on the scene deemed to have been caused by a police projectile.

Meanwhile, you have no proof, at all, of any sort of assault on police by protesters, except the word of the police themselves. And even they are not claiming that the protesters started it.

So left-wing Oakland is more dangerous than Iraq. :lol:

Oakland Police critically injured Scott Olsen, a Marine Corps veteran twice deployed to Iraq, with a flash bang grenade.

Occupy Oakland protests - live coverage | World news | guardian.co.uk

According to a video of the encounter, seen here:

Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester - YouTube

Olsen was wounded while he was attempting to come to the aid of a second injured protester.

Oakland Police critically injured Scott Olsen, a Marine Corps veteran twice deployed to Iraq, with a flash bang grenade.

Occupy Oakland protests - live coverage | World news | guardian.co.uk

According to a video of the encounter, seen here:

Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester - YouTube

Olsen was wounded while he was attempting to come to the aid of a second injured protester.
The Mayor of Oakland is up for recall. This will help get her out of office.

Ever been to a rally in a downtown area? I have, several in fact. I was even at an OWS rally. Guess what? They had a permit, But they had to follow certain laws, like staying on the sidewalk area and not blocking or interfering with traffic. No littering. I believe there is even a law against spitting on the sidewalk. I don't see in any of the videos from Oakland where the protesters were following any of those basic laws. In fact in one video a car almost took out a few of them. Sorry but these people were breaking local laws, and the constitution cannot save them.......

OK, I'll tell you what, for the sake of argument, let's say some of these laws, like "littering" or "jaywalking" are enforceable. And mind you, I"m not even admitting that they are.

When exactly did the punishment for jaywalking in Oakland become "being shot in the head with a flash-bang grenade?

Seems like the cops should have been walking around handing out tickets to me. Instead, they were shooting tear gas cannisters at people.

You do understand that the officers had legal orders to clear the protesters out of the park and that they obviously (Watching the videos) resisted this. Sorry but I will not pity stupidity.

1. "police spokeswoman Cynthia Perkins said"

2. Is there any evidence that "officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles"? If so, I haven't seen it, and you have not produced it.

3. Even if there were evidence of point 2, which there has not been, is there any evidence that "officers were assaulted, doused with hazardous materials and hit with large rocks and bottles" BEFORE officers started assaulting protesters and , dousing them with hazardous materials? Because if the police started going it first, then it's a case of self-defense.

There is no self-defense against a police officer in the performance of his duties. There is only resisting arrest.

You're right.

1. Video evidence that the police did in fact shoot a flash bang at a crowd of people,

2. The laws of physics to tell me that it probably hit someone, to stop it's forward momentum.

and

3. That a patient was admitted to a local hospital soon after the event, with injuries that the doctor on the scene deemed to have been caused by a police projectile.

Meanwhile, you have no proof, at all, of any sort of assault on police by protesters, except the word of the police themselves. And even they are not claiming that the protesters started it.

Lets start with #1, That video proves you are a liar. The cop did NOT shoot a flash bang into the crowed. #2 you see the flash bang land about five feet from the wounded guy. #3m No, the Dr. said the injury COULD have been consistent with a rear gas canister. If you have an issue with any of the links I posted, take it up with ABC news. But for the most part you are not telling the truth. Anyone who watches the video and reads all the shit that has been posted will see that you are lying.

You're right.

and

Yes I do. Post #71. More proof that you dont read before you post. Thats why you got busted telling lies.

Forum List

Back