Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

We don't need no damn policemen. get rid of all of them.. doggone vet attackers.

Damn, is it that difficult to understand?

misdemeanor unlawful assembly and illegal camping.

You think the first amendment gives you the right to do any damned thing you please? It gives us the basis for our laws, laws which these people broke.......

"Unlawful assembly" in this case being an oxymoron.

Local laws cannot trump the Bill of Rights.

And "illegal camping" would be the same thing in this case.

You think the first amendment gives you the right to do any damned thing you please? It gives us the basis for our laws, laws which these people broke.......

see? no laws allowed,, we don't need us no damn police

Saying the same thing over and over can be a sign of a serious mental issue, Willow.

I hope you aren't developing autism, or something. That can be quite serious. You might want to go have that checked out.

Saying the same thing over and over can be a sign of a serious mental issue, Willow.

I hope you aren't developing autism, or something. That can be quite serious. You might want to go have that checked out.

you have advocated for no laws, we need no police, they are evil and brutal and they attack our vets on purpose. get rid of em.. hell. man.. what's yer problem?

you have advocated for no laws, we need no police, they are evil and brutal and they attack our vets on purpose. get rid of em.. hell. man.. what's yer problem?

Hmm, maybe it isn't autism...

... Wait, do you actually believe that lame jokes get funnier with repetition?

:lol:

You are definitely not a lawyer........ Are you even suggesting that a City, County, or State cannot require, by law, that a group apply for a permit for a rally? Are you saying that it cannot be illegal to camp in a public square? Are you really trying to make these arguments?

Because I do believe you will fail badly........

Hmm, maybe it isn't autism...

... Wait, do you actually believe that lame jokes get funnier with repetition?

:lol:

She used that on another thread too. :eusa_eh: I'm getting concerned about her. We should send Tank to go check on her el oh el.

Right to Assembly is not a right to destroy. Once one right steamrolls another right, it's off to the law.

You are definitely not a lawyer........ Are you even suggesting that a City, County, or State cannot require, by law, that a group apply for a permit for a rally? Are you saying that it cannot be illegal to camp in a public square? Are you really trying to make these arguments?

I am suggesting that it is unconstitutional to stop protesters from gathering in a public place to address grievances.

It is very clearly written in the Constitution.

Local authorities can of course choose to make laws that contradict the First Amendment, that doesn't make them any more constitutional.

Just as making local laws that contradict the right to bear arms are clearly unconstitutional, on public property.

Or are you arguing that it's OK for local authorities to ban firearms? Because as a big 2nd amendment supporter, I would strongly disagree.

As a veteran, it does to me.

I feel it's particularly upsetting that someone should survive two tours in Iraq, only to be critically injured by police for exercising their constitutional rights after returning home.

You do not have a constitutional Right to Occupy Public Places, with out Permits, and refuse to leave.

Sorry, no matter how many times you try and pretend you do, you don't .

Right to Assembly is not a right to destroy. Once one right steamrolls another right, it's off to the law.

What was "destroyed" exactly?

Was there some sort of demolishing going on that I am unaware of?

I am suggesting that it is unconstitutional to stop protesters from gathering in a public place to address grievances.

It is very clearly written in the Constitution.

Actually it's not. You show me where the Constitution says you can occupy Public Places, block other peoples use of them, and refuse to get proper Permits, in order to exercise your right to assembly?

We should get rid of all police they are brutal and of no use to us, all they do is purposefully harm our returning vets.

Or, maybe, just maybe, we shouldn't try to sick the police on innocent people who are exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

But no, that would be too simple. I guess we'll have to stick with hyperbole.

Exercising there right to throw rocks and bottles, and ignoring an order to disperse. Fuck that guy. He should have listened and moved.

I feel it's particularly upsetting that someone should survive two tours in Iraq, only to be critically injured by police for exercising their constitutional rights after returning home.

You do not have a constitutional Right to Occupy Public Places, with out Permits, and refuse to leave.

Tell me, where in the constitution are limits on the First Amendment enumerated?

It is in Unicorn Utopia.. they don't need em no damn laws or no damn cops who hurt vets on purpose. damn old dumb ass cops. who needs em..

Exercising there right to throw rocks and bottles, and ignoring an order to disperse. Fuck that guy. He should have listened and moved.

You have video of the crowd "throwing rocks and bottles" prior to the police moving in and assaulting the crowd?

Please feel free to present it.

Tell me, where in the constitution are limits on the First Amendment enumerated?

Are you implying that we do not have laws that require you to have permits to hold Rallies in Public Places?

Really?

lol

Forum List

Back