Iraq War Vet told to remove Stars and Stripes

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Today, on CNN, I saw the following story.....

Seems that an Iraq war veteran who is now a civilian, is in trouble with his job. He's a fire fighter, who, in a fit of patriotism (imagine that....a soldier with patriotism), he painted the Stars and Stripes on his helmet.

Now, they're telling him that he's gotta stop, and remove it from his helmet.

My question is, with all the rhetorical bullshit, as well as all the fake patriotism crap that the current admin has shoved down our throats, what is wrong with this?

Nope......I say let him keep his helmet just the way it is.

Seems that an Iraq war veteran who is now a civilian, is in trouble with his job. He's a fire fighter, who, in a fit of patriotism (imagine that....a soldier with patriotism), he painted the Stars and Stripes on his helmet.

My question is, with all the rhetorical bullshit, as well as all the fake patriotism crap that the current admin has shoved down our throats, what is wrong with this?

I say let him keep it too, but no doubt, the fire department is run by a Democrat.

A lot of rules just don't make any logical sense. And who knows, the boss could just be an ornery asshole tyrant. But in the end we have to learn to live with it. :lol:

Were there already rules about painting helmets?

If this is just a matter of an established rule being enforced, I don't see the problem.

If helmet-painting just hasn't come up before, it's murkier, but still I'd think the department would be justified in determining how it wants its uniforms to look, and as long as whatever rules they come up with are half sane and applied consistantly, I don't see the problem.

If those firefighters have been adding designs to their helmets before and getting away with it, and this guy is being singled out, then that's twisted.

I think you should prove that the Chief ain't a Democrat. In my town the firefighters put all kinds of stuff on their helmets.

I think you should prove that firefighters in your town put all kinds of stuff on their helmets. Until then, I'll assume you're full of shit, per usual.

I think you should prove that firefighters in your town put all kinds of stuff on their helmets. Until then, I'll assume you're full of shit, per usual.
Yadkinville Volunteer Fire Department

fireattack.jpg

Some random pic you plucked from the internet is supposed to pass for proof. I thought you held yourself to a higher standard than that. I guess the pending blue gum administration must have you all discombobulated. :lol:

Not to mention that if the town is relying on volunteer firefighters, I'd think they'd be a lot more lax about rules and such.

My guess is there is probably a code covering fireman attire. I am more afraid of the strippery slope! What if the firefighter what to coat the outside of his jacket with a Free Tibet or Che picture. Under the same reasoning he should be allowed. I am sure the decision to tell him to remove the stars and strips has nothing to do will self-hating anti-americanism or even to protest the war, rather it has to deal with the dress code!

My guess is there is probably a code covering fireman attire. I am more afraid of the strippery slope! What if the firefighter what to coat the outside of his jacket with a Free Tibet or Che picture. Under the same reasoning he should be allowed. I am sure the decision to tell him to remove the stars and strips has nothing to do will self-hating anti-americanism or even to protest the war, rather it has to deal with the dress code!
Gimme a GD break. I already proved that there is no such code. In fact customizing a helmet is more typical than not, since it allows the guy to identify his gear quickly. It ain't at all the same as 'coating the outside of a jacket'. :cuckoo:

Yeah some random pick off my town's fire department web site. You got massively pwned, but again I'm not surprised you won't man-up to it. *shrug*

dude.. follow that link. There are no other pics besides a volunteer ff patch in the upper left hand corner. No links. No other images. nothing. Hell, if I were not already convinced that you are too stupid to manage it I'd almost think that you threw some html together real quick just to try and win a point.

dude.. follow that link. There are no other pics besides a volunteer ff patch in the upper left hand corner. No links. No other images. nothing. Hell, if I were not already convinced that you are too stupid to manage it I'd almost think that you threw some html together real quick just to try and win a point.
Wow you're dumb. The picture I posted is from the front page of their website and shows a guy wearing a helmet with the stars and stripes right on it. :cuckoo:

Wow you're dumb. The picture I posted is from the front page of their website and shows a guy wearing a helmet with the stars and stripes right on it. :cuckoo:

yea, and as I said, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE ON THAT PAGE. that pic, and the patch above. Again, were I not already convinced that you are too stupid to do so I'd accuse you of posting some quick code just to win this argument.

Yeah.....there is a dress code, but, what is wrong with dressing up your helmet?

Soldiers do it in war, military pilots do it, so why not allow him?

It's not like he's advocating terrorism.

Yeah.....there is a dress code, but, what is wrong with dressing up your helmet?

Soldiers do it in war, military pilots do it, so why not allow him?

It's not like he's advocating terrorism.

I agree, it's a silly rule. But calling out junkmail for his jackassery is something I'm incapable of passing on. :)

yea, and as I said, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE ON THAT PAGE. that pic, and the patch above. Again, were I not already convinced that you are too stupid to do so I'd accuse you of posting some quick code just to win this argument.
What does the amount of information on that page have to do with the fact the the photo shows a firefighter with the stars and stripes on his helmet? Are you so stupid to think that I bought the domain name yvfd.org as well? And made up the parade application? All in 11 minutes. :lol:

Forum List

Back