Iraq War: A Short (?) History of A Long War

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
For those that try to 'rewrite' history, a response. It also has me pondering just how much "It's all about sex," has always been way off.

I also have to stand in awe of a president that had come out of the miasma that he seemed to have wallowed in for the first 9 months of his administration to lead so strongly, up to 2003.

Then, nothing. Well there were some mistakes, but nothing that couldn't have been mere nuisances if addressed, but addressing the drumbeat was something the administration just couldn't bring itself to do. I'll never understand that. They seem to be fighting back now, but my analysis is that unless there were another attack or credible reports on what the authorities HAVE DONE to protect the citizens are given plenty of notice, the damage cannot be undone. I hardly can envision that Bush is suddenly going to get tough on illegal immigration, the one issue that could probably help his credibility.

Oh well, here is the link for any that wish to understand why the Iraq was necessary and overdue:

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/003840.html

What really gets me about alot of these people trying to rewrite whats going on with the war is they still chant this mantra that Iraq had nothing to do with 911 and the war on terror.

No one ever claimed that Iraq was at all responsible for the 911 attacks. That doesn't mean the action in Iraq is not part of the war on terror in response to 911. We live in a different world than pre 911. we cant sit back and hope that America's enemies wont work together to try to attack us. Saddam had dealings with terrorists. We have sworn to take down any government that supports terror because by choking the source of money and support for these terror groups we will severely weaken them.

Why the heck is this so freaking hard for liberals to understand????

And when are liberals going to actually propose another way to fight terror if they think we are so wrong? We sure as heck cant use the Clinton administrations approach.

What really gets me about alot of these people trying to rewrite whats going on with the war is they still chant this mantra that Iraq had nothing to do with 911 and the war on terror.

No one ever claimed that Iraq was at all responsible for the 911 attacks. That doesn't mean the action in Iraq is not part of the war on terror in response to 911. We live in a different world than pre 911. we cant sit back and hope that America's enemies wont work together to try to attack us. Saddam had dealings with terrorists. We have sworn to take down any government that supports terror because by choking the source of money and support for these terror groups we will severely weaken them.

Why the heck is this so freaking hard for liberals to understand????

And when are liberals going to actually propose another way to fight terror if they think we are so wrong? We sure as heck cant use the Clinton administrations approach.

I'm the choir! :laugh: To the point and 'connections' we can't see:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27032

Forum List

Back