Iraq seeks sharp reduction in U.S. military role

wait I am confused.. was it more than 2000 or just 1800? And again YOU must provide the evidence not I. Provide actual evidence what you have said is in fact true.

Provide the exact questions ask, the method used to determine who and where people were asked and who did the questioning. Provide the quality control that was used to ensure these people actually exist as well.

If more than 2000 people were polled then it follows that more than 1800 were polled(read my post carefully). Do you know basic addition? I did provide evidence look at the poll itself. I copied information from it and presented it to you. The company name is there. The questions are there. If you think that the poll was a fabrication, contact D3 and find references to the company’s credibility. Even if you or I do that, you still will probably not be satisfied. I think that the information that I presented is sufficient. I answered the questions.

I like it. I agree with it. That is as far as I am going to go in defending it. I’m not going to spend my time contacting D3 for more detailed information and ask how the respondents were contacted (by telephone call, by door knocking, etc.), or on what time of day the questioning was done, or what the respondents were wearing. If you are curious, find out for yourself. Sometimes you can do so much to prove your point and the other side will keep demanding that you do more. The other side is never satisfied.

What validity does a poll taken almost one year ago, months BEFORE the surge that has pretty much quelled the violence, have to with Iraq today. Public opinions in Iraq, like just about everywhere, change constantly.

Okay. That poll was not current enough for you. Here is commentary from a more recent poll.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3571504

Barely a quarter of Iraqis say their security has improved in the past six months, a negative assessment of the surge in U.S. forces that reflects worsening public attitudes across a range of measures, even as authorities report some progress curtailing violence.

Apart from a few scattered gains, a new national survey by ABC News, the BBC and the Japanese broadcaster NHK finds deepening dissatisfaction with conditions in Iraq, lower ratings for the national government and growing rejection of the U.S. role there.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/1043a1IraqWhereThingsStand.pdf

Wow! Here is the poll itself. Read it for yourself. It should answer any relevant question that you have, but you will dream up more. I don’t have time to spoon-feed it to you.

Wait? I thought we were trapped in a never ending civil war with no end ever in sight? That we had lost and were wasting our time, money and people?

That was when the Democrats thought that saying such things would help increase their political power.

Things are different now, so that 'reality' no longer applies.

And what exit strategy are you talking about? There isn't any exit strategy. It's the Iraqis telling us to get out of their country...

Hmm. the story says:

Officials of both countries have said in recent weeks that they envision an eventual drawdown of U.S. military forces inside Iraq. The Iraqi officials did not provide an estimate Thursday of how many U.S. troops could be withdrawn from the country, stressing that the agreement had yet to be negotiated.

How does that equate to the Iraqis telling us to get out of their country?
How does that equate to the Iraqis telling us they dont want to be occupied?

And for that matter, since we are there at the request of the Iraqi government, what support is there for the position that we are occupying them at all?

Hmm. the story says:

How does that equate to the Iraqis telling us to get out of their country?
How does that equate to the Iraqis telling us they dont want to be occupied?

And for that matter, since we are there at the request of the Iraqi government, what support is there for the position that we are occupying them at all?

And your source isn't biased? Those Iraqi officials are benefiting from US relations. So where is the report about the average Iraqi citizen. What do the real Iraqi's want?

That was when the Democrats thought that saying such things would help increase their political power.

Things are different now, so that 'reality' no longer applies.

Like Bush switching the objectives whenever the official reasons for war fall through?

WMD, no wait we want to free the Iraqi citizens, no wait, we need to make them a Democracy, no wait, we must stabalize the region, no wait we are fighting terrorists, no wait we want to make sure the money from oil profits don't go to terrorists so it must come to us.

Come to think of it, that last one is the closest to the truth that we will ever hear.

Forum List

Back