Iraq? Rove? SCOTUS? Who cares when a white girl is still missing!!

Yes Gem, you should know that Archangel knows all about everyone! I bet you are even a liberal!! You hippie scum! :thanks:

I am sure Archangel knows nothing and cares nothing about the use of ice. His idea of "pleasing his sex partner" is getting a manicure.

Gabriella84 said:
Yes Gem, you should know that Archangel knows all about everyone! I bet you are even a liberal!! You hippie scum! :thanks:

I am sure Archangel knows nothing and cares nothing about the use of ice. His idea of "pleasing his sex partner" is getting a manicure.

Ice...Ice...very nice.

Gabriella84 said:

analysis from 'on my knees gabby'...go figure...never mind you are a lost cause!
:laugh:

ps: based on real life experience...not on my knees professor...anologies..I do not know everything about everyone just about fools slobbering over nonsense! :thewave:

This should be moved to the Religious forum. When a man knows how to properly use ice can give a woman a deeply moving religious experience. You become closer to God and scream Hallelujahs! :bow3:

based on real life experience...not on my knees professor...

You are very fortunate that your professor didn't force you to kneel in order to gain a passing grade.

Gabriella84 said:
This should be moved to the Religious forum. When a man knows how to properly use ice can give a woman a deeply moving religious experience. You become closer to God and scream Hallelujahs! :bow3:

You are very fortunate that your professor didn't force you to kneel in order to gain a passing grade.

babes(used loosely) who knelt before their professors for a passing grade...I rest my case...bye bye gabby guy!

Archy,

My husband, a Captain in the USAF currently serving as a Missilier in Minot AFB, ND says you should "Go fuck yourself." Hows that for PC?

I'm sorry, but to insult my husband's service and my marriage simply because I stated that I think the news could cover other stories of missing children instead of just this one if it is an important matter demonstrates that you either have no class...or choose not to show the people here on the message board what little amount of it you might posess.

Don't know why you have decided to take issue with my posts today...but in the future how about just keeping your incredibly childish insults to me and what I have written.

My husband is an amazingly dedicated officer doing an amazingly challenging job...in other words, he's way out of your league.

Gem said:
Archangel,

I don't think that anyone is saying that it isn't sad that a young girl is missing and probably dead in Aruba. I think that what they are saying is that as far as national news goes...there are stories that effect more people than the Aruba story that should probably get equal if not greater coverage.

That doesn't mean we don't have to know what is going on in the Natalie Holloway case...but why do we need to hear about it as often as we are in the mainstream media, especially when there haven't been a bunch of major new developments in the case?

There is a Supreme Court justice to confirm or deny, a war in Iraq and Afganistan, terrorist attacks in London and Egypt...yet Hannity and Colmes (although I would caution people like Gabby to judge Fox NEWS by its news talkshows...NOT the same thing at all as news and is not intended to be) devotes large sections of its program to this one story about this one girl.

Why not, if the subject of interest to the American is missing children, devote a different episode of H&C to a different missing child. Surely the publicity would do more for these other cases, some of which have gone cold, then giving MORE publicity to Natalie Holloway's case, which has already had more than enough. And, of course, when major developments occur in her case they could always share those with the audience?

I understand that in a 24 hour news cycle, some stories are going to be recycled. But I do agree with others here, Archangel, that Natalie Holloway's case has been given far more publicity than perhaps is should have...even though I hope they find her body and who is guilty soon.

Do you honestly feel that Natalie Holloways case deserves this much media attention? If so, why? Why not all the other missing children, many of whom might actually be alive in the US and could benefit from the media spotlight on their cases?

Gem, with the risk of offending Archangel, something I've done before, and others I will say that I came out early with criticism of the media, in particular FOX for concentrating on 'cute, white girl' 24/7 coverage. Since she went missing, bad for sure, London has had 2 attacks, Egypt one, untold #'s in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Not saying she and her family aren't important, just not in the same 'generalized' league. Which 'news' should be about, IMO.

Kathi,

I completely understand people who feel that this story is getting too much attention...I just finished watching O'Reilly...guess what he had a big segment on: the Natalie Holloway case with Greta giving the "new information."

I have been following this story...just like I followed the Kobe Bryant case, the Peterson trial, the OJ Simpson trial (although I was only in 10th grade at the time - :) ) etc. I watch the news constantly, so I am bound to be caught up with most of this stuff and I really want to find out what happened to this girl...I want the criminals caught and punished...I want her parents to have resolution, in whatever form it might come in.

In saying that, however, I can't imagine how the parent of one of the thousands of children missing in the US must feel watching the media pant over this case....while their cases received little or no media attention. Could their children be helped if we gave them this much attention? Why do some cases seem to "matter" and so many others don't? I understand that this case has a sensationalist edge...I'm watching it with interest just like others. Cynically however, I can't help but feel that this is just the mainstream media spoon feeding us what they know will entertain us (even in the horrific sense) and keep up on their channel.

I guess my bottom line is that I am watching the case with interest...but at the same time I know that the media is playing us...

Gem said:
Kathi,

I completely understand people who feel that this story is getting too much attention...I just finished watching O'Reilly...guess what he had a big segment on: the Natalie Holloway case with Greta giving the "new information."

I have been following this story...just like I followed the Kobe Bryant case, the Peterson trial, the OJ Simpson trial (although I was only in 10th grade at the time - :) ) etc. I watch the news constantly, so I am bound to be caught up with most of this stuff and I really want to find out what happened to this girl...I want the criminals caught and punished...I want her parents to have resolution, in whatever form it might come in.

In saying that, however, I can't imagine how the parent of one of the thousands of children missing in the US must feel watching the media pant over this case....while their cases received little or no media attention. Could their children be helped if we gave them this much attention? Why do some cases seem to "matter" and so many others don't? I understand that this case has a sensationalist edge...I'm watching it with interest just like others. Cynically however, I can't help but feel that this is just the mainstream media spoon feeding us what they know will entertain us (even in the horrific sense) and keep up on their channel.

I guess my bottom line is that I am watching the case with interest...but at the same time I know that the media is playing us...

I agree. I feel for Natalee's family. But then again, I feel for the Chicago mom-no husband who's two girls have been missing since 2000. Cute kids, but black. They did make the news, for a couple weeks.

I can't imagine how the parent of one of the thousands of children missing in the US must feel watching the media pant over this case....

EXACTLY!!!!
That was the issue of a column in Poynter Online (a media newswatch blog) a while back. A woman had her 12-year-old daughter snatched and couldn't generate a hint of media enthusiasm. She felt the reason was that she was Mexican. Her local paper was too busy covering Natalee Holloway. A local TV outlet told her that they based their coverage on "what will appeal to the greatest number of people."
Which was, obviously, a missing white girl, not a missing Mexican girl.
Fox has publicity stated that it "wants to appeal to the heart of middle America." Which, I presume, is full of white families worried about their kids.
I am guessing that black, Mexican and Asian families don't worry about their kids.

Look at the "liberal" Los Angeles Times. There are probably dozens of drive-by shootings every weekend in the city that are never mentioned. But let some lost white family get caught in the cross fire and all hell breaks loose.

Then again, obsessing over lost white girls is merely another example of reverse racial profiling. White kids are America. Black and Mexican kids are bad gang members.

Gabriella84 said:
EXACTLY!!!!
That was the issue of a column in Poynter Online (a media newswatch blog) a while back. A woman had her 12-year-old daughter snatched and couldn't generate a hint of media enthusiasm. She felt the reason was that she was Mexican. Her local paper was too busy covering Natalee Holloway. A local TV outlet told her that they based their coverage on "what will appeal to the greatest number of people."
Which was, obviously, a missing white girl, not a missing Mexican girl.
Fox has publicity stated that it "wants to appeal to the heart of middle America." Which, I presume, is full of white families worried about their kids.
I am guessing that black, Mexican and Asian families don't worry about their kids.

Look at the "liberal" Los Angeles Times. There are probably dozens of drive-by shootings every weekend in the city that are never mentioned. But let some lost white family get caught in the cross fire and all hell breaks loose.

Then again, obsessing over lost white girls is merely another example of reverse racial profiling. White kids are America. Black and Mexican kids are bad gang members.

Well see there Gabby, there are people out there, part of the great unwashed, like myself, that remember the kids of those the media brings to our attention. In my case, the kids I brought up, 2 black girls, were in the Chicago media while I was in LA in summer of 2001. They were spliced in between Chandra Levy and deaths due to heat. Then 9/11 knocked them all off the map.

Gabriella84 said:
Sorry, I can't help it if Gem's avatar has me considering bisexuality. :tng:

But I do have a plan in case my parents ever hit on hard financial times. My sister and I will go to Bermuda, vacation for a few days, then disappear. We will have someone phone Fox News.

**Fox News Alert!!**

TWO YOUNG BLONDE GIRLS MISSING!!

My dad can then sell the exclusive rights to the story to Fox. :rock:

I told my sister to run to Arizona and claim to be kidnapped so we could sell the story rights and I could go back to college. She laughed. I have a feeling she won't do it.

My sister and I disappearing would be SUCH a transfixing story!
Can you imagine? TWO young blonde girls, one a newlywed, the other recently married with custody of an immigrant child, both lost on a dangerous island populated by black people?
Bill O'Reilly would have to excuse himself at the top of every hour. Greta would need to do her reports sitting on a towel. Hannity would demand an invasion.
We would be SO famous!! :blsmile:

Gabriella84 said:
My sister and I disappearing would be SUCH a transfixing story!
Can you imagine? TWO young blonde girls, one a newlywed, the other recently married with custody of an immigrant child, both lost on a dangerous island populated by black people?
Bill O'Reilly would have to excuse himself at the top of every hour. Greta would need to do her reports sitting on a towel. Hannity would demand an invasion.
We would be SO famous!! :blsmile:

Knowing you Gabby, you are trying to talk your sister into this scenario.

Gem said:
Archy,

My husband, a Captain in the USAF currently serving as a Missilier in Minot AFB, ND says you should "Go fuck yourself." Hows that for PC?

I'm sorry, but to insult my husband's service and my marriage simply because I stated that I think the news could cover other stories of missing children instead of just this one if it is an important matter demonstrates that you either have no class...or choose not to show the people here on the message board what little amount of it you might posess.

Don't know why you have decided to take issue with my posts today...but in the future how about just keeping your incredibly childish insults to me and what I have written.

My husband is an amazingly dedicated officer doing an amazingly challenging job...in other words, he's way out of your league.

insult your husbands service...just your writing a book to answer a question or comment...sorry I am not in here to receive a consultation... just fun and expressing a opinion...short but sweet and to the point! :hail:

Kathianne said:
Gem, with the risk of offending Archangel, something I've done before, and others I will say that I came out early with criticism of the media, in particular FOX for concentrating on 'cute, white girl' 24/7 coverage. Since she went missing, bad for sure, London has had 2 attacks, Egypt one, untold #'s in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Not saying she and her family aren't important, just not in the same 'generalized' league. Which 'news' should be about, IMO.

you did not use a condecending approach...just expressed your opinion directed to the audience...gem addressed me personally as if my mother or a consultant....so I gave her both barrels...she can dish it out but not take it..

Arch, try using your brain today. It obviously wasn't working yesterday.

I stated that the Holloway case was sad, but that so were others and perhaps they should receive coverage as well. I asked you why you felt so strongly about this particular case.
Do you honestly feel that Natalie Holloways case deserves this much media attention? If so, why? Why not all the other missing children, many of whom might actually be alive in the US and could benefit from the media spotlight on their cases?

You responded first by raving about gays...which I had not mentioned at all and had nothing to do with the conversation at hand. I decided to ignore it as the rantings of someone having a bad day.
I for one would rather hear about it vs the gay pride week or gay pride and marriage issues..gotta a problem with this see your priest...I am a parent and GRANDPARENT...THIS ISSUE EFFECTS ME MORE THAN WHO BUTT f'S WHO!...BLUNT ENOUGH FOR YA DARLIN?

I said nothing else, because you hadn't answered my question and your response to me made no sense in relation to what I had written...and for some unknown reason...you decided that you needed to return to this post to first call me an idealist writing a book and then state that my husbands military service was a fraud and that he should divorce me.
You are a pure and simple a idealist...writing a book..you claim your hubby is in the military..I am seriously beginning to wonder about that...from experience in my past life... I seriously doubt it...however if you are...then your hubby should seriously consider divorce....end of story!...maybe you can hook up with gabby poo! I base this on experience with a former Army Colleague Col. Moore...7th cav reborne...his wife supported him without all your BS!

As I've said, I have no problem with you taking issue with me. I did not feel the need to respond to your nonsensical claim about my writing some sort of book...however when you needlessly brought my husbands service record and my marriage into the conversation, yes...I felt the need to respond...as I do now, by telling you that you have no class.

Perhaps you do not understand how stating someone who is or has served in the military really isn't is insulting and rude...but people who are serving and have served certainly do. That mixed with the fact that your insults were completely without provocation is an interesting mixture of bizarre and childish attack on someone who did nothing to you other than ask why this one case was so important.

Arch, you've lost any respect I had for you on this board. I know, I know, you're A FATHER AND A GRANDFATHER WHO HATES GAY PRIDE PARADES and you could care less. But I am completely surprised by the way you have handled yourself on this thread...you attacked without provocation, and instead of addressing your issues with me or my thread, you demeaned my husbands service and stated he should divorce me. Such responses are disgusting under any standards...and I don't think I'm the only one here who sees that.

You may have the last word or words as expressed above! :hail: GEM

however...please reread my post#18..nowhere did I insult or demean your husbands military career...I just questioned if your hubby was really in the military...being sarcastic,but by no means demeaning...also he is the one who wears the Captain Bars not you young lady!Remembering my military service I did notice quite a few wives that thought they carried the husbands rank also.....

Forum List

Back