Iraq? Rove? SCOTUS? Who cares when a white girl is still missing!!

G

Gabriella84

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/07/27...house_compromising_national_security.php#more

FOX News Priorities: One Missing White Girl More Important Than A Supreme Court Nominee Or A Traitor In The White House Compromising National Security

Last night, the entire second half of Hannity & Colmes was devoted to the "breaking news" about a lake being drained in Aruba as part of the search for Natalee Holloway. There were several FOX News Alerts on the same subject throughout the first half of the show. A discussion on the role of religion in Supreme Court nominee John Roberts' life and legal decisions received a fraction of the time. There was absolutely no mention of Traitorgate though it's obviously an important issue to Alan Colmes because he hosted Ambassador Joseph Wilson on his radio show immediately following H&C.

It's not like there hasn't been news in the Traitorgate story. On Monday, Associated Press reported that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card that the Justice Department had opened an investigation, then waited 12 hours to tell anyone else at the White House. Can you say paper-shredder? But that news went unreported while Sean and Alan and Jug and Beth Twitty, Natalee's mother and stepfather, analyzed the fine points of the Aruban investigation and whether or not it has been thorough enough.

Of course, the extended time gave Sean ample opportunity to show off his detective skills. "There's a couple problems I have with this (new witness') report. I believe it's probably accurate. This person has come forward late but we know that they lied on this point so that might help them. Can we (my empahsis) check phone records? Can we check the time of the chat that they had on IM? Have they been forthcoming in any of those ways to help you? ...Have we gotten any word back on those samples at all? ...Do we want to go back to the issue, revisit the issue of these two brothers which have been released here and yet we know that they lied and we know they obstructed? At this point in time, isn't it time to revisit their involvement in this case?"

Sean wasn't the only legal expert, of course. Jug and Beth were ready as ever to express their superiority over the Arubans and their sense of entitlement to dictate legal procedures. Once again, Beth revealed that she doesn't need a trial to know whether or not someone is guilty when she said, "We've been looking to - if I could use this term - to nail (my emphasis) the three (suspects) together at that time and so this would be huge..."

Jug said, "I think you need to question the father. I will say until we find an end to it that he's somehow involved in this... I'd like to see him, at least Deepak, re-arrested... These guys are involved."

Colmes asked if there was other evidence besides duct tape and hair because "everybody's anxious to know as much we can about this." Comment: No, not EVERYBODY, Alan.

As the Twitty's were signing off, Hannity told the couple, "I know a lot of people are hopin' and prayin' for a quick resolution for you guys." Comment: Yes, I'm definitely one of those. I can't wait to be done with this story.

When the Twitty's finally departed, there was a few minutes of chit-chat with Sean and Alan praising the "remarkable" "back-bone" of the Holloways. No mention of why their daughter ran off with strange boys in the first place or why she wasn't properly chaperoned. All that "back-bone" is splendid when it's aimed at the Arubans. If the Twitty's were a couple with a daughter missing in action in Iraq, going up against the White House for information, I have a feeling they wouldn't get one minute of air time on FOX News.

Gabriella84 said:
http://www.newshounds.us/2005/07/27...house_compromising_national_security.php#more

FOX News Priorities: One Missing White Girl More Important Than A Supreme Court Nominee Or A Traitor In The White House Compromising National Security

Last night, the entire second half of Hannity & Colmes was devoted to the "breaking news" about a lake being drained in Aruba as part of the search for Natalee Holloway. There were several FOX News Alerts on the same subject throughout the first half of the show. A discussion on the role of religion in Supreme Court nominee John Roberts' life and legal decisions received a fraction of the time. There was absolutely no mention of Traitorgate though it's obviously an important issue to Alan Colmes because he hosted Ambassador Joseph Wilson on his radio show immediately following H&C.

It's not like there hasn't been news in the Traitorgate story. On Monday, Associated Press reported that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card that the Justice Department had opened an investigation, then waited 12 hours to tell anyone else at the White House. Can you say paper-shredder? But that news went unreported while Sean and Alan and Jug and Beth Twitty, Natalee's mother and stepfather, analyzed the fine points of the Aruban investigation and whether or not it has been thorough enough.

Of course, the extended time gave Sean ample opportunity to show off his detective skills. "There's a couple problems I have with this (new witness') report. I believe it's probably accurate. This person has come forward late but we know that they lied on this point so that might help them. Can we (my empahsis) check phone records? Can we check the time of the chat that they had on IM? Have they been forthcoming in any of those ways to help you? ...Have we gotten any word back on those samples at all? ...Do we want to go back to the issue, revisit the issue of these two brothers which have been released here and yet we know that they lied and we know they obstructed? At this point in time, isn't it time to revisit their involvement in this case?"

Sean wasn't the only legal expert, of course. Jug and Beth were ready as ever to express their superiority over the Arubans and their sense of entitlement to dictate legal procedures. Once again, Beth revealed that she doesn't need a trial to know whether or not someone is guilty when she said, "We've been looking to - if I could use this term - to nail (my emphasis) the three (suspects) together at that time and so this would be huge..."

Jug said, "I think you need to question the father. I will say until we find an end to it that he's somehow involved in this... I'd like to see him, at least Deepak, re-arrested... These guys are involved."

Colmes asked if there was other evidence besides duct tape and hair because "everybody's anxious to know as much we can about this." Comment: No, not EVERYBODY, Alan.

As the Twitty's were signing off, Hannity told the couple, "I know a lot of people are hopin' and prayin' for a quick resolution for you guys." Comment: Yes, I'm definitely one of those. I can't wait to be done with this story.

When the Twitty's finally departed, there was a few minutes of chit-chat with Sean and Alan praising the "remarkable" "back-bone" of the Holloways. No mention of why their daughter ran off with strange boys in the first place or why she wasn't properly chaperoned. All that "back-bone" is splendid when it's aimed at the Arubans. If the Twitty's were a couple with a daughter missing in action in Iraq, going up against the White House for information, I have a feeling they wouldn't get one minute of air time on FOX News.
FOX is getting absurd on this one--I switch it off the sec we get some more crap on this case. :sleep:

dilloduck said:
FOX is getting absurd on this one--I switch it off the sec we get some more crap on this case. :sleep:

Have you noticed with CNN, FOX and everybody basically that they must always have a "big story"? If there are objectively just a bunch of minor stories they annoint one of them the "big story" and just beat that horse all week, leaving everything else in the background. There must be some kind of poll they took that told them Americans can only focus on one thing at a time. Unfortunately it's usually some missing chick.

nucular said:
Have you noticed with CNN, FOX and everybody basically that they must always have a "big story"? If there are objectively just a bunch of minor stories they annoint one of them the "big story" and just beat that horse all week, leaving everything else in the background. There must be some kind of poll they took that told them Americans can only focus on one thing at a time. Unfortunately it's usually some missing chick.

It's called....you ready...?

Ratings.

GotZoom said:
It's called....you ready...?

Ratings.
well I'm hoping they recheck thier poll #s-----if this is what America is just dying to watch for years on end, somethings being put in thier water!

dilloduck said:
well I'm hoping they recheck thier poll #s-----if this is what America is just dying to watch for years on end, somethings being put in thier water!

I watch them all, but I lean towards CNN because they have the foxiest (no pun intended) female newscasters. Sophia Choi, Zane Verjee, wow!!!!

nucular said:

this is a big story...I really don't care for CNN....however no matter if ya are white,brown or black...as a parent and grandparent...I for one care about where my kids choose to vacation...what is your problem...anyway? Aruba is a hot topic...got a problem...DUDE? :(

When you attempt to cover news for 24/7 you are bound to go overboard. They are self-congratulatory on the whole Natalie thing as well, if you watch you hear things like, "This girl would have been forgotten by now if not for us..."

Archangel,

I don't think that anyone is saying that it isn't sad that a young girl is missing and probably dead in Aruba. I think that what they are saying is that as far as national news goes...there are stories that effect more people than the Aruba story that should probably get equal if not greater coverage.

That doesn't mean we don't have to know what is going on in the Natalie Holloway case...but why do we need to hear about it as often as we are in the mainstream media, especially when there haven't been a bunch of major new developments in the case?

There is a Supreme Court justice to confirm or deny, a war in Iraq and Afganistan, terrorist attacks in London and Egypt...yet Hannity and Colmes (although I would caution people like Gabby to judge Fox NEWS by its news talkshows...NOT the same thing at all as news and is not intended to be) devotes large sections of its program to this one story about this one girl.

Why not, if the subject of interest to the American is missing children, devote a different episode of H&C to a different missing child. Surely the publicity would do more for these other cases, some of which have gone cold, then giving MORE publicity to Natalie Holloway's case, which has already had more than enough. And, of course, when major developments occur in her case they could always share those with the audience?

I understand that in a 24 hour news cycle, some stories are going to be recycled. But I do agree with others here, Archangel, that Natalie Holloway's case has been given far more publicity than perhaps is should have...even though I hope they find her body and who is guilty soon.

Do you honestly feel that Natalie Holloways case deserves this much media attention? If so, why? Why not all the other missing children, many of whom might actually be alive in the US and could benefit from the media spotlight on their cases?

no1tovote4 said:
When you attempt to cover news for 24/7 you are bound to go overboard. They are self-congratulatory on the whole Natalie thing as well, if you watch you hear things like, "This girl would have been forgotten by now if not for us..."
Agreed--they see it as "their" baby and are bound to take credit for whatever conclusion is reached----just a personal thing now--just tired of hearing it and poor old Greta--what can I say?

Gem said:
Archangel,

I don't think that anyone is saying that it isn't sad that a young girl is missing and probably dead in Aruba. I think that what they are saying is that as far as national news goes...there are stories that effect more people than the Aruba story that should probably get equal if not greater coverage.

That doesn't mean we don't have to know what is going on in the Natalie Holloway case...but why do we need to hear about it as often as we are in the mainstream media, especially when there haven't been a bunch of major new developments in the case?

There is a Supreme Court justice to confirm or deny, a war in Iraq and Afganistan, terrorist attacks in London and Egypt...yet Hannity and Colmes (although I would caution people like Gabby to judge Fox NEWS by its news talkshows...NOT the same thing at all as news and is not intended to be) devotes large sections of its program to this one story about this one girl.

Why not, if the subject of interest to the American is missing children, devote a different episode of H&C to a different missing child. Surely the publicity would do more for these other cases, some of which have gone cold, then giving MORE publicity to Natalie Holloway's case, which has already had more than enough. And, of course, when major developments occur in her case they could always share those with the audience?

I understand that in a 24 hour news cycle, some stories are going to be recycled. But I do agree with others here, Archangel, that Natalie Holloway's case has been given far more publicity than perhaps is should have...even though I hope they find her body and who is guilty soon.

Do you honestly feel that Natalie Holloways case deserves this much media attention? If so, why? Why not all the other missing children, many of whom might actually be alive in the US and could benefit from the media spotlight on their cases?

I for one would rather hear about it vs the gay pride week or gay pride and marriage issues..gotta a problem with this see your priest...I am a parent and GRANDPARENT...THIS ISSUE EFFECTS ME MORE THAN WHO BUTT f'S WHO!...BLUNT ENOUGH FOR YA DARLIN? :gross2:

archangel said:
I for one would rather hear about it vs the gay pride week or gay pride and marriage issues..gotta a problem with this see your preist...I am a parent and GRADPARENT...THIS ISSUE EFFECTS ME MORE THAN WHO BUTT f'S WHO!...BLUNT ENOUGH FOR YA DARLIN? :gross2:

Maybe you should switch to tea. The coffee seems to be hyping you up a bit too much.
:cof:

Thank you, Gem. As usual, you found a better way to express this issue than anyone else here. Including me. :bow3:

nucular said:
Maybe you should switch to tea. The coffee seems to be hyping you up a bit too much.
:cof:

like I see em...something that seems to be missing in todays world...I am not or ever been PC...if ya have a problem with that....so be it...get a neck collar...cause radical Islam has a treatment for what ails ya...stupidity..and having ones head in the sand...sorta speak! :lame2:

Sorry, I can't help it if Gem's avatar has me considering bisexuality. :tng:

But I do have a plan in case my parents ever hit on hard financial times. My sister and I will go to Bermuda, vacation for a few days, then disappear. We will have someone phone Fox News.

**Fox News Alert!!**

TWO YOUNG BLONDE GIRLS MISSING!!

My dad can then sell the exclusive rights to the story to Fox. :rock:

You are a pure and simple a idealist...writing a book..you claim your hubby is in the military..I am seriously beginning to wonder about that...from experience in my past life... I seriously doubt it...however if you are...then your hubby should seriously consider divorce....end of story!...maybe you can hook up with gabby poo! :) I base this on experience with a former Army Colleague Col. Moore...7th cav reborne...his wife supported him without all your BS! :coffee3:

Gabriella84 said:
Sorry, I can't help it if Gem's avatar has me considering bisexuality. :tng:

But I do have a plan in case my parents ever hit on hard financial times. My sister and I will go to Bermuda, vacation for a few days, then disappear. We will have someone phone Fox News.

**Fox News Alert!!**

TWO YOUNG BLONDE GIRLS MISSING!!

My dad can then sell the exclusive rights to the story to Fox. :rock:

damn--I had you pegged for making bucks doing a "runaway bride" thing. I have so misread you. :cry:

dilloduck said:
damn--I had you pegged for making bucks doing a "runaway bride" thing. I have so misread you. :cry:

what else can I say to those who relate life to "BOING" !!!!!!

Forum List

Back