Iraq militants says U.S. Marine beheaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Iraq militants says U.S. Marine beheaded
Sat 3 July, 2004 18:19

DUBAI (Reuters) - The militant group The Army of Ansar al-Sunna says in a purported Internet statement that it has beheaded a U.S. Marine kidnapped in Iraq.

"We tell your leadership that we beheaded the Marine of Lebanese origin Hassoun and you will see the film with your own eyes soon," said the Arabic-language statement which was carried on at least two Islamic websites on Saturday.

An Arabic television last Sunday screened a videotape of militants holding a blindfolded Wassef Ali Hassoun with a sword poised over his head.

Link

well, the US Marines in Iraq and every living Marine on the planet is going to not be in a very festive mood on the 4th of july... more like an ass-kicking mood.

that is so sad, they betrayed him! he didn't even get to die in battle, they lied to him and then betrayed him! kid's mind was probably messed up, didn't he see his sarge's brains splattered everywhere? some people just aren't made for the batttle, that doesn't dishonor them in any way.

man, i hope they find those jag-offs

Originally posted by NATO AIR

that is so sad, they betrayed him! he didn't even get to die in battle, they lied to him and then betrayed him! kid's mind was probably messed up, didn't he see his sarge's brains splattered everywhere? some people just aren't made for the batttle, that doesn't dishonor them in any way.

What are you talking about?

Originally posted by nycflasher
What are you talking about?

News Flasher! Marine may have been AWOL after seeing SGT killed, very unhappy. Then again, he may just have been lured by the terrorists. Now we'll probably never know. They changed his status from AWOL to I believe Captured.

I'm still trying to find out the facts surrounding this Marines' capture but ultimately it makes no difference. Another wake up call for the pacifists. This war is much larger than Iraq and opening at a theater near you soon !

i'd heard from my marines that he'd gotten all messed up in the head after an ambush or something, went AWOL (UA we call it in the navy), hooked up with these guys who said they'd take him to lebanon, then they turned out to be the guys who killed him or kidnapped him and then turned him over to his killers

i'd heard from my marines that he'd gotten all messed up in the head after an ambush or something, went AWOL (UA we call it in the navy), hooked up with these guys who said they'd take him to lebanon, then they turned out to be the guys who killed him or kidnapped him and then turned him over to his killers

Wow. Hadn't heard that part.

Only person I would trust over there is my fellow marine.

Man, that's crazy.

well, the US Marines in Iraq and every living Marine on the planet is going to not be in a very festive mood on the 4th of july... more like an ass-kicking mood.

man, i hope they find those jag-offs

Explain yourself. Your first statement is very accurate. Your last is appropriate. Explain the middle Sailor. Did you say KittyHawk? Are you out of Yokosuka?

i went to a school in meridian, ms with 6 marines ( i was the only sailor in the class)... they're great guys and three of them are at iwakuni... i also have marine friends on base here in Yokosuka that are part of the FAST team and sometimes deploy or train with other ships in Yokosuka. i heard this story from one of the marines in iwakuni.

yea i'm on the kitty hawk, TAD right now to the hospital's Fleet Readiness Team, FMF sailors who are at the hospital for their last year or two in the navy.

No matter if this guy went AWOL or not, he didn't deserve to be beheaded. It truly sickens me too when people start whining about the poor ass prisioners so called being abused, but why not bitch and whine about this?

Yes, I will agree, no matter what, the Marines are going to be pissed, a brotherhood and one of them were KILLED!!!!

Hope tomorrow brings some good fireworks over there with the sleaze!

Originally posted by janeeng
No matter if this guy went AWOL or not, he didn't deserve to be beheaded. It truly sickens me too when people start whining about the poor ass prisioners so called being abused, but why not bitch and whine about this?

Yes, I will agree, no matter what, the Marines are going to be pissed, a brotherhood and one of them were KILLED!!!!

Hope tomorrow brings some good fireworks over there with the sleaze!

I agree! I hope the Marines hit back hard. I feel so sorry for his family. :(

Originally posted by Kathianne
I agree! I hope the Marines hit back hard. I feel so sorry for his family. :(

I do too Kathianne - I am wondering though, with his family being Muslim and all, what now they all must think? I didn't think they would listen to the pleas from the Father, let's face it, Muslim or not, he served for the US Marines.

I feel so much for this family. We have to do something....I know,but what??!!! I hope the media doesn't start becoming numb to this. America needs to know these horrible things,so we can continue to get mad and even. If it's true,may he rest in peace,as well as Matt Maupin,the missing soldier from Ohio. I can't put my anger into words!!!:mad: :mad:

Here is the scuttlebutt I get on this from my brother who still has heavy contacts with his old outfit the 1st Marines.

First off the guy was supposedly AWOL in a battle zone, secondly he was a Muslim immigrant from Lebanon and was supposedly on his way back home to his relatives there. If all this turns out to be true the Marines will do nothing because he dishonored them. Secondly we have had how many Americans executed in Iraq now and other than a little bombing in Fallujah we have done nothing, our leadership doesn't have the stomach for all out battle in an election year.

This is weird:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...re_mi_ea/lebanon_iraq_marine&cid=540&ncid=716

Group Denies Killing U.S. Marine Hostage

7 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - An Islamic extremist group denied in a statement posted on its Web site Sunday that it had killed a U.S. Marine taken hostage last month.

The denial by the Ansar al-Sunna Army left the fate of Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun unclear. The group said it had no connection to a statement in its name put out on other Web sites claiming Hassoun's slaying — leaving open the possibility that the Marine was killed by another group or that he was still alive.

A Lebanese foreign ministry official in Beirut said Hassoun, a U.S. Marine of Lebanese heritage, was believed to be dead.

Lebanon's chief of mission in Baghdad "is trying to confirm the killing 100 percent, but it seems to be over," the official told The Associated Press. "We understand that he was slaughtered. God help him."

Well whatever happened i'm pretty sure if he was AWOL or running to his Muslim brothers the Marines are going to say he got what he deserved, he dishonored them. I'm almost 100% sure there will be no organized retaliation for someone like this.

Originally posted by OCA
our leadership doesn't have the stomach for all out battle in an election year.

Petrouka doesn't have the stomache to get elected, if that's what you're referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back