Iraq In 5 years.................

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Where do you see that country, it's people, and it's governent in 5 years?
Do you have a positive outlook or a negative outlook?

Wow, good question.

Hawk makes a point, but there, of course, or others.

Will the American public wimp out, like in `nam. I was in the army during Vietnam 1965-1968, wasn`t very proud of America then.

Do the Iraq people REALLY want freedom, I think we`ll know pretty soon.

Will OUR country, and it`s emerging leader`s have the ability to make those hard decisions?

There are many such questions, but to be blunt, and actually answer your question.

It`s setting at 50/50 right now, could go either way. I`m pulling for a free Iraq.

Bonnie said:

there will be three separate nations.....Kurd Sunni Shiite

Bonnie said:

Its gonna be a civil war as soon as we leave, hell maybe before we leave.

Uh they bombed a mosque the other day, thats right a mosque. Its gonna be Shiitie vs Sunni in an all out bloodbath.

Bonnie said:

I think Iraq will have a democratically elected gov't, the troop level will be about 15% of current levels, and we will still hear every night if there's been any suicide bombings, fistfights, dirty looks, or unannounced sneezes in the country.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Bonnie said:
I was thinking that especially in light of what's happened these past few days.

the kurds got control of their area asap.....pretty quite in the north

shiites and sunnis have been goining at it since mohamed died and one wanted one brother (son watever) and the other wanted the other....and they all killed each other.....and they have all been killing each other ever since....fence em off and f&*&k em if you ask me

manu1959 said:
the kurds got control of their area asap.....pretty quite in the north

shiites and sunnis have been goining at it since mohamed died and one wanted one brother (son watever) and the other wanted the other....and they all killed each other.....and they have all been killing each other ever since....fence em off and f&*&k em if you ask me

Build a freedom wall similar to the one that divides the Pretestants and Catholics in Ireland. That might work :eek:

manu1959 said:
there will be three separate nations.....Kurd Sunni Shiite
Agree with at least two, Kurds will separate. There may also be a third, the mosque bombing increases that odds.

Bloody civil war in the next year or two, only IF al-Sistani is assassinated, which sadly, I believe is a given, due to our stupid decision not to kill Al-Sadr when we had the chance two years ago. (NOT Bush's fault, EVERYONE aside from Ralph Peters and a few other commentators were saying keep him alive)

If he survives, a continuation of the insurgency that will eventually diminish as shia and sunni militias take charge of their own security, resulting in ethnic cleansing across the central and southern part of Iraq. Kurds have already cleansed Kirkuk, so they'll be no more of that from them. Most US bases will be in Kurdistan, and vital missions launched by the 15,000-25,000 US troops remaining in Iraq after the eventual drawdown in the next 1-3 years will be from Kurdistan bases.

The national army will be utilized to secure Iraq's borders. The national police will be pragmatic, focusing on an Arab style FBI maxim of going after the big fish and letting the local militias keep the peace and take care of problematic criminals.

Forum List

Back