Iraq demands all US troops leave - Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq

We are leaving because this administration made the decision to basically walk away from negotiations over continued troop levels. It was a passive-agrressive pussy way of making sure obama could claim they 'told us to leave' when the whole thing turns to shit and we have to deal with the consequences.

Just an irresponsible campaign stunt that we will have to pay for long after obama is doing cigarrette ads in China.

No we're leaving because while Bush was still in office, they told us they were giving us the boot. Because while you betch about the deficit out of one side of your mouth, you'll support spending money on this worthless endeavor forever - until it's a Conserv who pulls us out. Then you'd say it was wise and in the interest of the budget.

Don't tell me what I "would say" you asswipe. It's going to cost us a lot more in the long run to pay for this short-sighted campaign stunt than a continued, stabilizing force in the region would. Myopic dim-wits like you can't see what you don't want to see.

We are leaving because this administration made the decision to basically walk away from negotiations over continued troop levels. It was a passive-agrressive pussy way of making sure obama could claim they 'told us to leave' when the whole thing turns to shit and we have to deal with the consequences.

Just an irresponsible campaign stunt that we will have to pay for long after obama is doing cigarrette ads in China.

No we're leaving because while Bush was still in office, they told us they were giving us the boot. Because while you betch about the deficit out of one side of your mouth, you'll support spending money on this worthless endeavor forever - until it's a Conserv who pulls us out. Then you'd say it was wise and in the interest of the budget.

Don't tell me what I "would say" you asswipe. It's going to cost us a lot more in the long run to pay for this short-sighted campaign stunt than a continued, stabilizing force in the region would. Myopic dim-wits like you can't see what you don't want to see.

You're um, emotional, aren't you? Settle down sweetheart, you'll burst a vein or something.
We were given the boot by the corrupt government whom we placed in power. THAT was short-sighted. Now the folks in power in Iraq, have a religious connection with both Iran and Syria. Yeah. That was brilliant. Not.
We've created the biggest Alliance of fundamentalist Islam in Middle-East history: Iran, Iraq and Syria. No more bickering over Shia vs. Sunni, they're all lovin each other and hating us. Which is what was predicted almost 9 years ago. Talk about short-sighted. But of course, the kool-aid drinkers drank it up...

We were given the boot by the corrupt government whom we placed in power....

We did not put that government in power. Iraqi citizens risked their lives to vote for the government they have, you asshole.

And we were not "given the boot." This administration made a conscious decision to walk away from negotiations so they could have a pussified passive-aggressive excuse for the shit that will result from this campaign stunt.

12/31/11 Was a date set by President Bush in the infamous shoe throwin' press conference.

Bush offered Maliki the date of December 31, 2011 for all combat forces to withdraw from Iraq. Maliki countered that the end of 2011 sounded just fine, but that all American forces would be gone by then. Bush reluctantly agreed to this, and to the June, 2009 deadline for American troops to be out of Iraqi cities.

Chris Weigant: Obama's Iraq Withdrawal Timeline

12/31/11 Was a date set by President Bush in the infamous shoe throwin' press conference.

Bush offered Maliki the date of December 31, 2011 for all combat forces to withdraw from Iraq. Maliki countered that the end of 2011 sounded just fine, but that all American forces would be gone by then. Bush reluctantly agreed to this, and to the June, 2009 deadline for American troops to be out of Iraqi cities.

Chris Weigant: Obama's Iraq Withdrawal Timeline

Now don't be clouding the issue with facts! The ConservaRepubs are upset enough as it is! Don't you see the posts above? The poor little things are frothing at the mouth. Besides, I was going to post this and you beat me to it... :lol:

We've spent too much money and lost too many lives over there already.

Good job Mr. President. Another promise faithfully kept.

Too bad he sucks so badly on the domestic front. If he knew how to take care of things here at home, I wouldn't consider him such a failure. Oh well. he's kept a LOT more promises than I thought he would and done well on the Security / Defense side. Better than nothing, I suppose.

President Obama’s speech formally declaring that the last 43,000 U.S. troops will leave Iraq by the end of the year was designed to mask an unpleasant truth: The troops aren’t being withdrawn because the U.S. wants them out. They’re leaving because the Iraqi government refused to let them stay.

Obama campaigned on ending the war in Iraq but had instead spent the past few months trying to extend it. A 2008 security deal between Washington and Baghdad called for all American forces to leave Iraq by the end of the year, but the White House -- anxious about growing Iranian influence and Iraq’s continuing political and security challenges -- publicly and privately tried to sell the Iraqis on a troop extension. As recently as last week, the White House was trying to persuade the Iraqis to allow 2,000-3,000 troops to stay beyond the end of the year.

More : Iraq demands all US troops leave - Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq

That's a blog from the Herman Cain website.

Obama is following the agreement unilaterally signed by George Bush keeping us trapped in Iraq until this December. It wasn't approved by Congress. Bush signed it completely on his own. Obama followed the agreement by this nation that was forced on us by Bush.

That's what someone with honor does. No wonder Republicans don't understand. The only Republican candidate that has any foreign policy experience is Huntsman who got his working for Obama.

vindication.jpg

Do the women of Iraq feel Bush was "vindicated"?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-when-he-got-rid-of-saddam-2.html#post4300711

Iraq demands all US troops leave - Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq

Whatever gets us out of there is fine with me. Now onto Germany, South Korea, Japan....

They told us to leave? Oh good! Now we can get the fuck out.

FWIW, they didn't tell us to leave - they simply said our troops would not be immune from Iraqi law.

Simply... that's kind of a big thing. Immunity is for these kind of instances, I wouldn't trust any iraqi police, judges, or the justice system in whole to be fair if anything happens. I'm saying I could see lies and exaggerations rampant.

FWIW, they didn't tell us to leave - they simply said our troops would not be immune from Iraqi law.

Simply... that's kind of a big thing. Immunity is for these kind of instances, I wouldn't trust any iraqi police, judges, or the justice system in whole to be fair if anything happens. I'm saying I could see lies and exaggerations rampant.

Yep, ole Saddam learned about kangaroo court and lynching...

What is the big deal?? There is nothing in the OP's post that indicated that Obama, "took credit".

It really is simple. Bush and Nouri al-Maliki met in 2008. They negotiated a treaty that would allow 3 more years of war. It required that U.S. troops be out of all cities and localities by June 2009, and that US forces entirely leave all of Iraq by the end of 2011.

Now Bush is gone, enter Obama. He said he would get us out of there right away. It didn't happen. Meanwhile the treaty Bush presented must be honored. We need to get out by the end of 2011. What is there to take credit for??? Obama told us it's over. Big deal!!! Stop lying.

You stupid right wingers really need to cool it. All of you, including your motley group of nominees, are driving a lot of people to vote for Obama!!!

The Iraqi Parliament has passed a US-backed security agreement and a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), which calls for the removal of all US troops from Iraq by December 31, 2011. The agreement also calls for the removal of US Forces from all Iraqi cities, towns, and villages no later than this June. Before this date, all US Forces must be relocated to US Military facilities located outside of Iraqi cities, towns, and villages, where they will continue to provide training to Iraqi security forces, and be available for support and assistance upon request from the Iraqi government.

Article 24 of the SOFA states:

1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011.

2. All United States combat forces shall withdraw from Iraqi cities, villages, and localities no later than the time at which Iraqi Security Forces assume full responsibility for security in an Iraqi province, provided that such withdrawal is completed no later than June 30, 2009.

There is more. Go to: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/terrorism/a/iraqsofa.htm

Last edited:

Yep, ole Saddam learned about kangaroo court and lynching...

lol exactly... he's guilty, they'll have the rope around your neck before you are out of the courtroom forget an appeal.

President Obama’s speech formally declaring that the last 43,000 U.S. troops will leave Iraq by the end of the year was designed to mask an unpleasant truth: The troops aren’t being withdrawn because the U.S. wants them out. They’re leaving because the Iraqi government refused to let them stay.

Obama campaigned on ending the war in Iraq but had instead spent the past few months trying to extend it. A 2008 security deal between Washington and Baghdad called for all American forces to leave Iraq by the end of the year, but the White House -- anxious about growing Iranian influence and Iraq’s continuing political and security challenges -- publicly and privately tried to sell the Iraqis on a troop extension. As recently as last week, the White House was trying to persuade the Iraqis to allow 2,000-3,000 troops to stay beyond the end of the year.

More : Iraq demands all US troops leave - Obama takes credit for ending the war in Iraq

You mean to tell me 3 pages of posts from so many posters on here and no one thought to follow the link but me??? Seriously???

The link goes to another forum, Herman Cains forum to be exact... Thats it, just link to a post in Herman Cains forum from some random poster... Not to the Times, the Post, hell not even a decent blog...

Jesus people... Check the source first, damn.. Who cares what some random forum poster at herman cains forum says about troop removal?

Troop removal is happening because its time, wouldn't matter who is in office. No one can occupy a country forever, and no one wants to. its costly both financially and in terms of public opinion. And obama isn't unaware of his problems in popularity lately... He would no sooner fight to keep soldiers there than I would at this point. This is called "make myself electable" or "save my ass" and its been expected.

Either way, I am glad they are coming home and we have one less front to fight on...

That being said, its in a herman cain forum for god's sake what did you expect to hear?

It's just a matter of time before the civil war shit hits the fan. Saddam kept a lid on that cesspool of ancient tribal hatred. Saddam is gone.

Since noone else did it I guess he can take credit for it.

Forum List

Back