Iraq blast blamed on Iran-backed militants

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
BAGHDAD - The U.S. military on Saturday blamed the deadly bombing of a pet market in Baghdad on Iranian-backed Shiite militants, raising concerns that Shiite extremist activity could escalate and jeopardize waning violence in Iraq.

The bomb that was hidden in a box of small birds exploded Friday morning as Iraqis were strolling past animal stalls and bird cages at Baghdad's al-Ghazl market. The market had recently re-emerged as a popular venue as security has increased, raising hopes for calm in the capital after years of turmoil.

more .. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21947843/

And who is usually at a pet market? Children and their parents. What a bunch of scumbags.

And who is usually at a pet market? Children and their parents. What a bunch of scumbags.

No NO, it is just freedom fighters fighting the oppression of all those shopping children and their families. Remind us again Liberals, how it is ok for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

No NO, it is just freedom fighters fighting the oppression of all those shopping children and their families. Remind us again Liberals, how it is ok for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

if you overthrow the sunni baathist dictator of a land with a majority shiite population, it really ought not to surprise you that the Iraqi shiites look for help from their neighboring shiites.

oops.

if you overthrow the sunni baathist dictator of a land with a majority shiite population, it really ought not to surprise you that the Iraqi shiites look for help from their neighboring shiites.

oops.

Which is neither here nor there when it comes to targetting noncombatants.

Was this happening in Iraq before your president invaded? No.

These @sshole suicide bombers are bloothristy thugs. No doubt.

And your president created this situation. First, by stupidly invading a nation he didn't have to, and second, by not blundering around and not securing the nation when bagdad fell.

The blood is on Bush's hands too.

Meanwhile I will remind the board how you thought it was an acceptable exercise in freedom of speech to invite the leader of an enemy that kills American military personnel and Iraqi civilians, Ahmadinejad, to spew propaganda at Columbia University.

Meanwhile I will remind the board how you thought it was an acceptable exercise in freedom of speech to invite the leader of an enemy that kills American military personnel and Iraqi civilians, Ahmadinejad, to spew propaganda at Columbia University.
He did? Wow. My estimation of RGS just went up a couple of notches.

Kindly note that the bombing of a pet market has Absolutely NOTHING to do wth Nukes.

And it was!

He did? Wow. My estimation of RGS just went up a couple of notches.

My position was simple. I would not have invited him, but the University is in fact free to do just that. Condemning them for it destroys the very concept of freedom. Telling them they made a bad decision is fine though.

Was this happening in Iraq before your president invaded? No.

These @sshole suicide bombers are bloothristy thugs. No doubt.

And your president created this situation. First, by stupidly invading a nation he didn't have to, and second, by not blundering around and not securing the nation when bagdad fell.

The blood is on Bush's hands too.

Dude, get a grip ... for real. It doesn't matter ONE bit what Bush did or didn't do. If I give you a gun and you use it to murder someone, that isn't on ME. It's on you.

While also noting that nukes have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread?

Well, true, but RGS had already established that they apparently DID.

Remind us again Liberals, how it is ok for Iran to have nuclear weapons.

I have to say though, I'm becoming a little confused.

The last couple weeks, the media has been for the most part praising Iran's supposed decline in aiding and arming the militias, and now that a new attack happens, it's automatically Iran again??

Does the media ever provide any proof that it's Iran directly who is behind each bombing? Specifically this one, given the situation and cirumstances.

Do some of you just believe it's Iran because the media and government SAYS so, and that's what you WANT to believe?

Throw me a bone here...

Given BushCos track record, I'm not automatically going to believe what they say about Iran.

Iraqi Shiite Leader Defends Iran

By SAMEER N. YACOUB – 1 day ago

BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq's most influential Shiite politician said Sunday that the U.S had not backed up claims that Iran is fueling violence here, underscoring a wide gap on the issue between Washington and the Shiite-led Baghdad government.

The Americans have long accused the Iranians of arming and training Shiite militias, including some linked to the U.S.-backed government of Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

U.S. officials have also alleged that Iran has provided weapons used to kill Americans — a charge the Iranians vehemently deny.

"These are only accusations raised by the multinational forces and I think these accusations need more proof," Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim, leader of the Supreme Islamic Iraq Council, told reporters.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gkx-3oYeFwuWKCusr2jrojs98w8wD8T506CO3

While also noting that nukes have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread?
Yup, and RGS is the one who brought up the nukes. Not I ----Course I don't expect you to recognize that fact.

Taking sides in this tiff 'tween RGS and me will gain you nothing, ----certainly not respect.

Yup, and RGS is the one who brought up the nukes. Not I ----Course I don't expect you to recognize that fact.

Taking sides in this tiff 'tween RGS and me will gain you nothing, ----certainly not respect.

Taking sides? GMAFB. Nobody needs any help with you, and I don't care WHAT RGS did. If RGS jumps off a cliff, are you going to jump off too? If THAT's the case, I might push him.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back