Iraq asks US troops to stay for two more years

hahahaha....there was an "lol" there at the end, in case ya didn't notice smarty pants!

it was most certainly an exagerated liberal view point!

Care

I'm not so sure it was exaggerated. I wonder what would happen if the Iraqi govt told the oil companies to piss off and that it was going to re-nationalise its oil industry?

I'm not so sure it was exaggerated. I wonder what would happen if the Iraqi govt told the oil companies to piss off and that it was going to re-nationalise its oil industry?

oh, they won't let that happen, perhaps that is why we are still there because the iraqis are still threatening such....

i just don't see why the iraqis running the show with their own oil would hurt us....? if they don't sell it to us, then they sell it to someone else, and the someone else won't be buying it from the saudis or iraneans or venezuelans anymore, freeing it for us to buy.... it is a ''global'' market, no?

care

oh, they won't let that happen, perhaps that is why we are still there because the iraqis are still threatening such....

i just don't see why the iraqis running the show with their own oil would hurt us....? if they don't sell it to us, then they sell it to someone else, and the someone else won't be buying it from the saudis or iraneans or venezuelans anymore, freeing it for us to buy.... it is a ''global'' market, no?

care

When it comes to oil I don't know if the ordinary rules of trade apply. It seems to be all cartels and invisible deals.

If y'all damned lefties had any brains, this is the perfect "out." Two more years? Give it to them. THERE is your damned timeline.

Of course, that won't work for y'all because y'all aren't doing any dictating.

If y'all damned lefties had any brains, this is the perfect "out." Two more years? Give it to them. THERE is your damned timeline.

Of course, that won't work for y'all because y'all aren't doing any dictating.

And WHAT do you see happening in those 2 years, keeping the troops at levels well below 200k?... what changes do you see happening that haven't been promised to us year after year ALREADY? Just curious....?

And 2 years from now when the Iraqi security is still not ready or up to par what then, WHAT IS YOUR PLAN "B"?

And WHAT do you see happening in those 2 years, keeping the troops at levels well below 200k?... what changes do you see happening that haven't been promised to us year after year ALREADY? Just curious....?

And 2 years from now when the Iraqi security is still not ready or up to par what then, WHAT IS YOUR PLAN "B"?

You're just not thinking too hard this AM, are you? Need coffee?

First off, NOTHING has been "promised to us year after year ALREADY." Second, within the context of my statement, whatever possible changes I may foresee are irrelevant.

The Iraq government wants two years ... give it two years. No "Plan B."

Don't assume as you do that I am a Republican that I am for staying in Iraq any longer than it takes to accomplish the mission. I'm all for turning the whole thing over to the Iraqis WHEN they can handle it. I'm not for just dumping it on them based on some arbitrary political timeline that suits the Democrats here in the US.

You're just not thinking too hard this AM, are you? Need coffee?

First off, NOTHING has been "promised to us year after year ALREADY." Second, within the context of my statement, whatever possible changes I may foresee are irrelevant.

The Iraq government wants two years ... give it two years. No "Plan B."

Don't assume as you do that I am a Republican that I am for staying in Iraq any longer than it takes to accomplish the mission. I'm all for turning the whole thing over to the Iraqis WHEN they can handle it. I'm not for just dumping it on them based on some arbitrary political timeline that suits the Democrats here in the US.

What is the FULL mission, from beginning now to the end?

Maybe this message is not getting out as succinctly as it needs to?

Thus the "cry" from most of America, to get the heck out of there....?

But maybe if the message of a decisive and clear plan with all the TRUE goals stated, even if those goals include securing an oil deal as just a part, we should be told... imho...

Right now, I can't disagree that the public is not well aware of all that is going on over there and not well informed on a real plan from the President to take control, or real knowledge in full of what our true goals are.... or the knowledge that things are fair to midland in many other regions in Iraq....

We are a small few on these boards that make it a point to know what they can, of what is truely going on out there in no where lands....to most Americans.

(ok, now back to reading the other thread)

Care

What is the FULL mission, from beginning now to the end?

Obviously we need to leave Iraq with a government capable of sustaining itself.

Maybe this message is not getting out as succinctly as it needs to?

Thus the "cry" from most of America, to get the heck out of there....?

The "cry" was displeasure with the conduct of the war, not to get out. Not liking the way its being executed is a far cry from abandonment.
But maybe if the message of a decisive and clear plan with all the TRUE goals stated, even if those goals include securing an oil deal as just a part, we should be told... imho...

The plan has been decisive and clear from the outset, clouded only by left wing propoganda.

Right now, I can't disagree that the public is not well aware of all that is going on over there and not well informed on a real plan from the President to take control, or real knowledge in full of what our true goals are.... or the knowledge that things are fair to midland in many other regions in Iraq....

The public doesn't have a need to know. Whoever thinks the public should be privvy to strategy adn tactics on the conduct of a war obviously knows little to nothing of conducting one. If I was running it, I wouldn't tell anyone shit. But neither would I sit back like Bush and just take all the BS he does.

We are a small few on these boards that make it a point to know what they can, of what is truely going on out there in no where lands....to most Americans.

(ok, now back to reading the other thread)

Care

The public doesn't know what's going on in Iraq. The public knows what the MSM is feeding it full of.

The public doesn't know what's going on in Iraq. The public knows what the MSM is feeding it full of.

The public does NOT trust the President anymore is what it boils down to...

They used to, but they feel as though in general, that they have been mislead and they believe now, that he will continue to mislead and as our President they have "lost confidence" in him....and his decisions.

We could have a nuke from China pointing right at Sanfran with the finger on the trigger and sadly, if the President told us this right now, most of us would not believe him....

that, is how little confidense many in this great country of ours have for the President after they feel LIED to....

Now, I am not saying this is how I, PER SAY feel, but it is the gist of what the opposition feels and we are in a dangerous state because of it imo.

The only way to solve this problem in my opinion, is to be HONEST to the core, from now on and be totally UPFRONT with the American public and with congress, with no "political agenda" or rovian tactics, the full truth and nothing but the truth about the situation we are facing now and what it all entails....

the president can get this info out via an address, the so called liberal media would be forced to cover it and all other press meetings he wishes...

But honesty, from here on out is the key imo....because most according to polls, feel LIED TO.....

And of COURSE THE PUBLIC would not be privvy to the details, to think I would think such or was saying such, is just plain silly...

Care

New Topics

Forum List

Back