Iraq? A Mistake????

dilloduck said:
You still don't get it---Bush supporters DON'T CARE if the US acted against the UN charter or not!

I understand fully. Use the U.N. as a ruse to attack other countries. The bush supporters should not use any U.N. documents as reasons for war then.

The reason for war as bush supporters recognize it is that Iraq presented a threat to the U.S. worthy of a pre-emptive invasion.

So can one assume that any country that posesses that level of threat will be worthy of a pre-emptive invasion?

poebassman said:
The reason for war as bush supporters recognize it is that Iraq presented a threat to the U.S. worthy of a pre-emptive invasion.

So can one assume that any country that posesses that level of threat will be worthy of a pre-emptive invasion?

No, the reason was a multitude of failed resolutions over a period of 12 years. And yes, any other country that possibly poses a threat and fails to abide by resolutions for over 12 years should be taken care of as well.

poebassman said:
I understand fully. Use the U.N. as a ruse to attack other countries. The bush supporters should not use any U.N. documents as reasons for war then.

If I were a country with sinister motives against the US, I sure wouldn't sitting around being all comfortable about it.

dilloduck said:
If I were a country with sinister motives against the US, I sure wouldn't sitting around being all comfortable about it.

Hmm one would think you thought Iraq had sinister motives against the U.S.. Do you think that is true? If so... do you have proof?

poebassman said:
Hmm one would think you thought Iraq had sinister motives against the U.S.. Do you think that is true? If so... do you have proof?

they were trying to shoot down our planes for target practice?

dilloduck said:

The problem with that is that while the terrorists have not been able to get their hands on WMD's up to now, the less comfortable the more established states are the more likely they are to change this situation.

All it takes is maybe $100,000 in equipment, a couple of graduate level educated biologists or bio-chemists (or many other specialties as well), and about 6 months to cook up some very very nasty stuff. Any country can do this. It is much easier for a country to do it than a group of individuals. So far the fact is no country has chosen to involve themselves in such an endevour, but if they start seeing us as invaders and occupiers of Islam....

Wade.

wade said:
The problem with that is that while the terrorists have not been able to get their hands on WMD's up to now, the less comfortable the more established states are the more likely they are to change this situation.

All it takes is maybe $100,000 in equipment, a couple of graduate level educated biologists or bio-chemists (or many other specialties as well), and about 6 months to cook up some very very nasty stuff. Any country can do this. It is much easier for a country to do it than a group of individuals. So far the fact is no country has chosen to involve themselves in such an endevour, but if they start seeing us as invaders and occupiers of Islam....

Wade.

Well that would explain the sarin gas canister that Polish troops found last summer. Out in the open, where whosoever produced it had left it, so it wouldn't do much harm. That's because sarin gas needs to be in an enclosed space, away from sunlight and breezes in order to do much harm. Remember the cult that gassed the subway in Tokyo a few years back? They used sarin gas. In an enclosed space, away from sunlight and breezes. The poor subway riders suffered greviously.

EdwinJayMorgan said:
Well that would explain the sarin gas canister that Polish troops found last summer. Out in the open, where whosoever produced it had left it, so it wouldn't do much harm. That's because sarin gas needs to be in an enclosed space, away from sunlight and breezes in order to do much harm. Remember the cult that gassed the subway in Tokyo a few years back? They used sarin gas. In an enclosed space, away from sunlight and breezes. The poor subway riders suffered greviously.

Actually the Sarin gas used in the Japanese subway attack was of poor quality.

My point is that so far, only a few nations have sought to develop such weapons, and none seem to have seriously tried to deploy them for terrorist operations. If we change our policy to one where pre-emptive attacks are common, this will surely change. Bio and chemical weapons for defense will become the norm of any nation that thinks it might possibly be at risk. Once this happens, it will not be that long before we see such weapons in the hands of terrorists.

Personally I'm surpised it has not yet happened. I'm amazed that Al-Queda chose to hit the WTC rather than use a mass anthrax or other bio weapon attack. Amazed and glad!

Wade.

Forum List

Back