Iran's unemployment rate to hit 50% for 15-29 age group in two years

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Tehran, Sept 5, IRNA -- A report commissioned by the Management and Planing Organization (MPO) and Iran Youth Organization (IYO) released on Sunday predicted that if the annual unemployment rate of 13.2 percent holds up then the jobless rate among 15-29 age group will reach 52 percent within two years.
It added currently over 31 percent of the 15 to 29 years old are unemployed.

The current unemployment rate in the age brackets 15-19 and 20-24 years is 34 percent and for 25-29 years the figure stands at 16 percent.

In 1996-1997 the jobless rate stood at 14.8 percent among the 15 to 29 year group increasing to 27.5 percent in the Iranian year ending March 20, 2001.

"On the average the unemployment rate was 13.2 percent during the period," the report added.

Link

Now there is a breeding ground for terrorist. Introduce some capitalism into the region and put their asses to work!

MtnBiker said:
Tehran, Sept 5, IRNA -- A report commissioned by the Management and Planing Organization (MPO) and Iran Youth Organization (IYO) released on Sunday predicted that if the annual unemployment rate of 13.2 percent holds up then the jobless rate among 15-29 age group will reach 52 percent within two years.
It added currently over 31 percent of the 15 to 29 years old are unemployed.

The current unemployment rate in the age brackets 15-19 and 20-24 years is 34 percent and for 25-29 years the figure stands at 16 percent.

In 1996-1997 the jobless rate stood at 14.8 percent among the 15 to 29 year group increasing to 27.5 percent in the Iranian year ending March 20, 2001.

"On the average the unemployment rate was 13.2 percent during the period," the report added.

Link

Now there is a breeding ground for terrorist. Introduce some capitalism into the region and put their asses to work!

Also breeding ground for rebellion, just don't think there is the time to wait.

You know i understand the hard circumstances but i dunno it makes me wonder what people do all day. I mean i get bored with no work to do. you would think people would atleast find something to do.

You know i understand the hard circumstances but i dunno it makes me wonder what people do all day. I mean i get bored with no work to do. you would think people would atleast find something to do.

they do have something to do..... they go to Madras's all day, then they go to the Mosque to hear the latest anti anything/body not Muslim, then they plot their next attack on infidels. Oh, and don't forget, they have to kneel and pray five times a day, so that wastes some of their time too.

i suppose it might do some good for there to be a very broad public works and municipal improvement program to help some of these folks out and keep them from going to the insurgency.

i mean, hey these guys/gals got mouths to feed, they need jobs and schools.

and with terrorism and violence happening all the time, i don't think that's very good for the iraqi economy or education system either.

Forum List

Back