Iran's president calls for consensus, but divisions run deep

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like a lot of division in Iran, and no doubt many of the young people are involved.

Iran's president calls for consensus, but divisions run deep

On a traditional day of protest, President Hassan Rouhani addresses a crowd that embodies the challenges of political reform and improved relations with the West.

TEHRAN — In a speech marking Student Day, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Saturday sought "consensus" for his ambitious goals of political reform, economic growth and improved relations with the outside world.

But as he spoke to a gathering at Shahid Beheshti University, the lack of consensus within this divided nation was evident in slogans shouted from the crowd.

"Release political prisoners!" was one cry that periodically erupted from the audience, along with the familiar refrain, "Death to the U.S.A.!"

Read more at:
Iran's president calls for consensus, but divisions run deep - latimes.com

But why does Iran dislike the US? Is it because of our freedoms/ideals, or our meddling, beginning in the late 40's?

I really think you should address your question to one of the thousands and thusands of Iranians now living in the U.S. As a Muslim comedian once told his interviewer that every time he goes back to Iran to visit, his cousins ask him how they can come live in the U.S. I don't think any of the ex Iranians living here would happily go back to Iran to live under the religious extremists running the government.

I really think you should address your question to one of the thousands and thusands of Iranians now living in the U.S. As a Muslim comedian once told his interviewer that every time he goes back to Iran to visit, his cousins ask him how they can come live in the U.S. I don't think any of the ex Iranians living here would happily go back to Iran to live under the religious extremists running the government.
So you want to hang on the words of a "muslim comedian" pandering for laughs from an American audience. ... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

/quote]So you want to hang on the words of a "muslim comedian" pandering for laughs from an American audience. ... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:
Mr. Cuckoo Troll is at it already. I met a woman when I took a neighbor to the doctor the other week, and in a conversation with her, she came to American just five years ago and she happens to be a Muslim. Why are you so concerned with the Shia from Iran when you, as a Sunni, hate them. My own neighbor, a famous singer in Iran, certainly is not going back there to live. I think I will tell him how Sunni converts want to see the Shia all put in some enclave so the Sunnis of the world don't have to see them and breathe the same air as them.

I met a woman when I took a neighbor to the doctor the other week, and in a conversation with her, she came to American just five years ago and she happens to be a Muslim.
Wow!! .......what an interesting story!!..........................................................Not . :lol: :lol:

I met a woman when I took a neighbor to the doctor the other week, and in a conversation with her, she came to American just five years ago and she happens to be a Muslim.
Wow!! .......what an interesting story!!..........................................................Not . :lol: :lol:

Well, Sunni Man, if you ever got out of the house once in a while instead of trolling forums with your ludicrous remarks, you might make the acquaintance of lots of ex Iranians in your own city. Be sure to tell them that you hate the Shia.

Well, Sunni Man, if you ever got out of the house once in a while instead of trolling forums with your ludicrous remarks, you might make the acquaintance of lots of ex Iranians in your own city. Be sure to tell them that you hate the Shia.
The Iranians that I personally know are sunni muslins. .... :cool:

The Iranians that I personally know are sunni muslins. .... :cool:

Strange how you never read about Sunnis in Iran, but Shia. Perhaps the ones you know are aware that you hate the Shia and so fake it that they are Sunni. Now who else are you stalking on the various forums? I don't have the time to read them all, but you must certainly get around.

Sally, let me school you about Iranian shia muslims and their governments treatment of Iran's sunni muslims.

1) Iran is the only Shiite country in the world.

2) There are 15 million Iranian Sunni muslims in Iran and they are treated worse than second class citizens.

3) Although there are 2 million Iranian sunni muslims living in the capital city of Tehran.

The Iranian shiite government refuses to let the sunni's build a mosque for their people.

In fact, Tehran is the only muslim capital in the world without a sunni mosque.

(Yet, there are Shiite mosques even in the capital's of Sunni countries.)

4) One of the questions on an Iranian job application is: "Are you Shia or Sunni?"

(Put down sunni as your answer and you won't get the job.)

5) The Iranian authorities forbid parents to name their children Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, or Aisha because they are famous Sunni people.

In fact, sunni muslims have to follow an official child naming guide that includes many Shia hero's.

6) There is not a single Sunni allowed to hold the position of 'minister' in the Iranian government.

7) Out in the country where most Sunni's live. Their sunni mosques are torn down on a regular basis for bogus building code violations.

Sally, I could go on, but hopefully you will see that the Shia aren't just some innocent victims.

And why the Sunni's despise the Shiites. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Sally, let me school you about Iranian shia muslims and their governments treatment of Iran's sunni muslims.

1) Iran is the only Shiite country in the world.

2) There are 15 million Iranian Sunni muslims in Iran and they are treated worse than second class citizens.

3) Although there are 2 million Iranian sunni muslims living in the capital city of Tehran.

The Iranian shiite government refuses to let the sunni's build a mosque for their people.

In fact, Tehran is the only muslim capital in the world without a sunni mosque.

(Yet, there are Shiite mosques even in the capital's of Sunni countries.)

4) One of the questions on an Iranian job application is: "Are you Shia or Sunni?"

(Put down sunni as your answer and you won't get the job.)

5) The Iranian authorities forbid parents to name their children Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, or Aisha because they are famous Sunni people.

In fact, sunni muslims have to follow an official child naming guide that includes many Shia hero's.

6) There is not a single Sunni allowed to hold the position of 'minister' in the Iranian government.

7) Out in the country where most Sunni's live. Their sunni mosques are torn down on a regular basis for bogus building code violations.

Sally, I could go on, but hopefully you will see that the Shia aren't just some innocent victims.

And why the Sunni's despise the Shiites. ... :cool:

Letr's have the truth here. The Sunnis have hated the Shia ever since Islam was created. That is why you see them blowing each other up. It looks like they are conducting a contest to see who is going to come out on top and head that new Islamic Caliphate. Naturally Sunni Man wants it to be the Sunnis and the Shia want it to be them. So tell us, Sunni Man, have you any sympathy for those churches and Hindu and Buddhists temples which were torn down and destroyed and mosques built on top of the sites? There is a website where a Hindu lists many of the Hindu temples whicb were once there and mosques erected on the grounds there these temples once stood. Look at how Turkey is taking over an old historic Christian church for a mosque.

The Sunnis have hated the Shia ever since Islam was created. That is why you see them blowing each other up. It looks like they are conducting a contest to see who is going to come out on top and head that new Islamic Caliphate. Naturally Sunni Man wants it to be the Sunnis and the Shia want it to be them. So tell us, Sunni Man, have you any sympathy for those churches and Hindu and Buddhists temples which were torn down and destroyed and mosques built on top of the sites? There is a website where a Hindu lists many of the Hindu temples whicb were once there and mosques erected on the grounds there these temples once stood. Look at how Turkey is taking over an old historic Christian church for a mosque.
Typical Silly-Sally derailing post with 10 rambling off topic questions. ... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

The Sunnis have hated the Shia ever since Islam was created. That is why you see them blowing each other up. It looks like they are conducting a contest to see who is going to come out on top and head that new Islamic Caliphate. Naturally Sunni Man wants it to be the Sunnis and the Shia want it to be them. So tell us, Sunni Man, have you any sympathy for those churches and Hindu and Buddhists temples which were torn down and destroyed and mosques built on top of the sites? There is a website where a Hindu lists many of the Hindu temples whicb were once there and mosques erected on the grounds there these temples once stood. Look at how Turkey is taking over an old historic Christian church for a mosque.
Typical Silly-Sally derailing post with

10 rambling off topic questions. ... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

I thought that for a while you would stop your trolling and have lunch at some Halal restaurant with another Sunni convert. I guess Mr. Cuckoo Troll couldn't arrange this.

I thought that for a while you would stop your trolling and have lunch at some Halal restaurant with another Sunni convert. I guess Sunni Man couldn't arrange this.[/quote

]Participating on a board thread isn't trolling.

Just saying.......... :cool:

You are all of a sudden interested in what is happening in Iran? How many discussions have you initiated on the Iran forum?

You are all of a sudden interested in what is happening in Iran? How many discussions have you initiated on the Iran forum?
Deal with it retard and quit you whining. ... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Look who is calling someone a retard, which is really not a nice name since it refers to mentally undeveloped people like Cuckoo Sunni Man. Meanwhile, people reading this forum can keep an eye out for the articles Sunni Man initiates on it since he is so interested now in what is happening in Iran.

Meanwhile, people reading this forum can keep an eye out for the articles Sunni Man initiates on it since he is so interested now in what is happening in Iran.
Yea, that's the ticket ........ :thup:

If the readers had to depend on you to post articles, there would be nothing to read. As it is, you wait for the articles others put up and then make your ridiculous remarks.

Forum List

Back