Iran's new president promotes suicide squads

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
In the second TV appearance since his election victory, Iranian President-elect Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad spoke in praise of "the art of martyrdom" as volunteers continued to mobilize for suicide squads aimed at U.S., British and Israeli forces.

The day after the appearance, the London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat published a report about the new leader's spiritual advisor, Ayatollah Mohammad Misbach Yazdi, who told Iranians how to volunteer for the regime-sponsored "martyrdom squads," according to the Washington, D.C.-based Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

-SNIP-

The announcement reads:

"Acts of martyrdom are the great pinnacle of the [Iranian] people and the height of its courage. The commander [Iranian Leader] Khamenei has announced registration for the forces of martyrdom in all of Iran's provinces, in order to defend Islam and to fight the enemies of Islam. Our sacred organization, [the organization of martyrs belonging] to the Islamic Republic, is intended for those interested in carrying out shahada [martyrdom]. The volunteer, male or female, will join specialized courses. Brother and sister believers who want to defend Islam are invited to contact [us] at POB 664-1653, Tehran, and to send two photos, a copy of their birth certificate, and a request to join the martyrs' corps."

<a href="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45515" target=_blank">LINK</a>

-Cp said:
In the second TV appearance since his election victory, Iranian President-elect Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad spoke in praise of "the art of martyrdom" as volunteers continued to mobilize for suicide squads aimed at U.S., British and Israeli forces.

The day after the appearance, the London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat published a report about the new leader's spiritual advisor, Ayatollah Mohammad Misbach Yazdi, who told Iranians how to volunteer for the regime-sponsored "martyrdom squads," according to the Washington, D.C.-based Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI.

-SNIP-

The announcement reads:

"Acts of martyrdom are the great pinnacle of the [Iranian] people and the height of its courage. The commander [Iranian Leader] Khamenei has announced registration for the forces of martyrdom in all of Iran's provinces, in order to defend Islam and to fight the enemies of Islam. Our sacred organization, [the organization of martyrs belonging] to the Islamic Republic, is intended for those interested in carrying out shahada [martyrdom]. The volunteer, male or female, will join specialized courses. Brother and sister believers who want to defend Islam are invited to contact [us] at POB 664-1653, Tehran, and to send two photos, a copy of their birth certificate, and a request to join the martyrs' corps."

<a href="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45515" target=_blank">LINK</a>

Iran is in serious need of some snipers. :firing:

GunnyL said:

Heh.. no doubt! That's a country that should sure use a good ol' fashioned duschin'...:D

GunnyL said:

My biggest complaint about Bush is why we didn't attack Iran and not Iraq. I think Saddam was a butcher that we could have used to bring down the Mullah's
of Iran but then the monster (Saddam) would have to been taken down. A free Iran then an attack on Iraq with Israel attacking Syria would have pretty much kicked the rears of all of the terrorist states. Now we are fighting insurgents in Iraq that are getting funding and a safe haven in Syria and Iran. However perhaps Bush knows things that the genral public doesn't. Maybe Iran already has nukes?

I would like to see that once the Iraqi army can handle things on their own, we should attack Iran as Israel attacks Syria. :usa:

-Cp said:

-SNIP-

The announcement reads:

Once again! :laugh: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23705

rcajun90 said:
My biggest complaint about Bush is why we didn't attack Iran and not Iraq. I think Saddam was a butcher that we could have used to bring down the Mullah's
of Iran but then the monster (Saddam) would have to been taken down. A free Iran then an attack on Iraq with Israel attacking Syria would have pretty much kicked the rears of all of the terrorist states. Now we are fighting insurgents in Iraq that are getting funding and a safe haven in Syria and Iran. However perhaps Bush knows things that the genral public doesn't. Maybe Iran already has nukes?

I would like to see that once the Iraqi army can handle things on their own, we should attack Iran as Israel attacks Syria. :usa:

My biggest complaint about Carter is why we didn't declare war on Iran in 1979. There's nothing new here, and without any REAL. overt provokation, attacking Iran would undoubtedly turn the entire ME against us.

Your imperialist strategy has one major flaw ..... you are neglecting the reaction of all other Arab countries to an an unprovoked attack on a country within their region. Our relationships with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan and/or any other -stan are tenuous at best.

And left unchecked, by the time Iraq can handle things on their own, Iran will possess nuclear weapons.

"My biggest complaint about Carter is why we didn't declare war on Iran in 1979. There's nothing new here, and without any REAL. overt provokation, attacking Iran would undoubtedly turn the entire ME against us."

I think we have pretty good evidence that IRan is supporting the insurgents. I agree that we had a reason to go to war during the Carter administration and he did nothing. We could go the U.N. rout like in Iraq over nuclear weapons.

"Your imperialist strategy has one major flaw ..... you are neglecting the reaction of all other Arab countries to an an unprovoked attack on a country within their region. Our relationships with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan and/or any other -stan are tenuous at best."

Imperialist? I just want them to leave us alone. As far as the entire Middle East, we either need our traditional Allies or a draft. Little old Israel beat the entire Middle East coalition several times with less. :ali:

"And left unchecked, by the time Iraq can handle things on their own, Iran will possess nuclear weapons."

I know the clock is ticking. Perhaps restrections from the U.N. can do the job. We know Saddam had WMD's in 1991. There is some question if he had them at the start of this war. I think before it is all over we will have WW III in the Middle East. It is long over due. :chains:

Forum List

Back