Iran's Khatami to run in presidential election

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Parisa Hafezi – Sun Feb 8, 12:33 pm ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Former President Mohammad Khatami, who pushed for detente with the West when in office from 1997 to 2005, said on Sunday he would run in Iran's June presidential election.

The announcement sets up a choice for voters between Khatami and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose first four-year term have witnessed a sharp deterioration in ties with the West as tensions over Iran's nuclear work have mounted.

"Here I am announcing that I will seriously take part as a candidate for the election," Khatami told a meeting of pro- reform politicians.

Iran's Khatami to run in presidential election - Yahoo! News

By Parisa Hafezi – Sun Feb 8, 12:33 pm ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Former President Mohammad Khatami, who pushed for detente with the West when in office from 1997 to 2005, said on Sunday he would run in Iran's June presidential election.

The announcement sets up a choice for voters between Khatami and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose first four-year term have witnessed a sharp deterioration in ties with the West as tensions over Iran's nuclear work have mounted.

"Here I am announcing that I will seriously take part as a candidate for the election," Khatami told a meeting of pro- reform politicians.

Iran's Khatami to run in presidential election - Yahoo! News

Well, Khatami would be preferable to Amadinejad, but it is unclear how much he would be able to change Iran's policies, and from what I have read, it's not clear the Guardian Council, which must approve each candidate and is under the control of hardliners, will allow him to run.

Dud, this was never about the president of iran anyway. This is solely about israels desire to nuke someone in order to piss on the proverbial fire hydrant of the Mid East.

Again, it doesn't matter WHO becomes the iranian president. Every summer, until the UNITED STATES invades iran, we are going to hear some hallow-balled zionist talk about bombing any arab state that gets in the way of israls domination of the mid east.

Fact: How often have we heard that iran would have a nuke within a month during the run up to Bush's exit from office? And here we are.. no nukes in iran but chicken little doesn't stop chirping.

This is nothing less than a zionist power play to become the US of the middle east. Notice, the "threat" of iranian nukes doesn't incite the jewish military..

....no, 12 dead jews and a barrel full of easily killed arab civilians enjoyed falling on that sword.

Now, enter Russia in BUILDING iran's nuclear facilities... Which effectively nullifies Big Brother US...

:rofl:

Forum List

Back