Iranian Womens Soccer Disqualified From Olympics For Headscarves

Yes, having the women's soccer team wear head scarves is part of Iran's stategy for world domination. :cuckoo:

Turns out it's an old rule, and not one made up last year.

FIFA actually worked with Iran to get a headset as part of the uniform and Iran agreed.

But then they intentionally broke the rules by sending them with the wrong headsets.

They get disqualed and ahmadinerjacket declares the west dictators.

so yeah, they were scoring points.

fyi; this is from the same bunch of morons that arrested a buzzard for spying b/c it had an Israeli university tag on it. :lol:

Using animals or birds has a long military tradition in the west.

Carrier pigeons were used by the allies during World War I

And the use of dolphins and porpoises by the U.S. Navy for military tactics is well-documented.

So Iran's claim that buzzards were used to spy isn't so far-fetched.

Sunni, if the Iranian chicks said they don't want to wear the headscarves, would you be cool with that?

Yes, having the women's soccer team wear head scarves is part of Iran's stategy for world domination. :cuckoo:

No, its part of thier strategy to show themselves as misognystic fuckheads.

The international soccer committee is the ones who are being misognystic.

by making them follow the same rules the other women follow?

Hell they even tried to compromise, but evidently seeing a womans neck or lower leg is just too much for muslim men such as yourself. OH THE FUCKING HORROR.

The international soccer committee FIFA

Has always been chaired by white European men.

They do not reflect the billions of people in South America, Africa, and Asia.

And always seek to stamp Western European values on a worldwide sport.

These rules about women's headgear will change whenever the association elects a non-European to head FIFA

The main decision-making body of FIFA is the Executive Committee. It consists of a President, elected by the Congress in the year following a FIFA World Cup, eight vice-presidents and 15 members. Your statement that they do not reflect countries other than W Europe is completely erroneous.

The President is Swiss. The Senior Vice President is Argentinian and the Vice Presidents are from the following countries:-

Cameroon
Trinidad
Spain
France
Papua New Guinea
Jordan
N. Ireland

The fifteen members are from:-

Belgium
Brazil
Qatar
Turkey
USA
Thailand
Paraguay
Cyprus
Ivory Coast
Guatemala
Egypt
Russia
Algeria
Sri Lanka
Germany

Rather more than the Western European representation you state.

Who cares if they wear scarves?

Does it give a competitive advantage?

Its actually a competative disadvantage, and could be a safety issue, as it limits head movement.

You also have the issue of having players probably more concerned some asshat in thier morality police is watching the game, requiring them to be more worried about keeping thier headgear on than paying attention to the game.

I assume they also have to wear pants and long sleeved jerseys, which are unmentioned, but are another violation of the basic soccer kit for women.

I can see it as a safety issue. There is a potential that the scarf could get caught on another player and end up hurting someone. I don't think that is why they are actually banning the scarves though, I think this actually is a tolerance issue and that FIFA wants to ban the scarves and is trying to hang that ban on safety.

"These are the dictators and colonialists who want to impose their lifestyle on others," Ahmadinejad said in a news conference, according to The National.
How interesting. Isn't that precisely what most muslims do...attempt to impose their lifestyle and beliefs on others!

How do you figure that?

Are they demanding that other teams also wear headscarves??

If there was a match in Iran they would.

Did you miss my post were I copied from a link that it's a new rule? And not some old rule from headband days?

its only a new rule because it has never come up before. Also note the statement below:

Mr. DORSEY: FIFA traditionally bans any expression of religious faith on the soccer pitch. It has, however, made certain concessions towards Muslim women who have very strict dress codes. In the case of Iran, there was several years ago a negotiation over what headdress Iranian female players could wear. And they finally, after designing and agreeing on the design of a headdress, agreed on one that didn't -covered all the hair but did not cover the neck and ears.

Iran basically abided by that agreement until last Friday in Amman, when the women players appeared in dress that was far more in line with Islamic codes, and that meant that they were wearing a headdress that covered not only the hair but also the neck and ears, and they were wearing long pants rather than shorts.

link to whole page:

FIFA Disqualifies Iranian Women's Soccer Team : NPR

So basically they worked out a deal to make everyone happy, and the Iranian authorities decided to not play ball.

I apologize for not posting this sooner. It seems FIFA does allow approved headgear, but not a full loose headress.

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

It is bullshit! The fucks in Iran used thier women to score "Hate the West" points.

PAH-FUCKING-THETIC.

I take back everything I said.

I know the feeling.

Mea Culpa.

And the use of dolphins and porpoises by the U.S. Navy for military tactics is well-documented.

Did Israel train the buzzard to watch military maneuvers and then fly back to Israel to report in person? If they did I suggest that you immediately surrender to them because their science is so far ahead of yours, or anyone else, that they will be able to declare themselves ruler of the world later today.

Who cares if they wear scarves?

Does it give a competitive advantage?

Its actually a competative disadvantage, and could be a safety issue, as it limits head movement.

You also have the issue of having players probably more concerned some asshat in thier morality police is watching the game, requiring them to be more worried about keeping thier headgear on than paying attention to the game.

I assume they also have to wear pants and long sleeved jerseys, which are unmentioned, but are another violation of the basic soccer kit for women.

I can see it as a safety issue. There is a potential that the scarf could get caught on another player and end up hurting someone. I don't think that is why they are actually banning the scarves though, I think this actually is a tolerance issue and that FIFA wants to ban the scarves and is trying to hang that ban on safety.

In the article I found the person being question directly states they dont allow expressions of religous belief in a persons kit. That being said they tried to accomodate Iran.

Loose flowing garments that the iranians wanted to use are both a safety issue for the wearer (heat, lack of peripheral vision), and an impact on the game. instead of a close fitting combo of shorts and a shirt you have these puffy whole body suits that restricts vision on the pitch and can affect how the ball plays off a person.

Did Israel train the buzzard to watch military maneuvers and then fly back to Israel to report in person? If they did I suggest that you immediately surrender to them because their science is so far ahead of yours, or anyone else, that they will be able to declare themselves ruler of the world later today.

Thanks, I didn't know how to respond to that desperate re-action.

But the best has to be Egypts claim that Israel is training sharks to attach Egyptian tourist.

honest, I shit you not.

Using animals or birds has a I suggest that you go to the nearest Israeli consulate and your direct your questions to them long military tradition in the west.

I would suggest that you go to the nearest Israeli consulate and present them with your questions.

Forum List

Back