Iranian Womens Soccer Disqualified From Olympics For Headscarves

Who cares if they wear scarves?

Does it give a competitive advantage?

Its actually a competative disadvantage, and could be a safety issue, as it limits head movement.

You also have the issue of having players probably more concerned some asshat in thier morality police is watching the game, requiring them to be more worried about keeping thier headgear on than paying attention to the game.

I assume they also have to wear pants and long sleeved jerseys, which are unmentioned, but are another violation of the basic soccer kit for women.

Its actually a competative disadvantage, and could be a safety issue, as it limits head movement.

You also have the issue of having players probably more concerned some asshat in thier morality police is watching the game, requiring them to be more worried about keeping thier headgear on than paying attention to the game.

I assume they also have to wear pants and long sleeved jerseys, which are unmentioned, but are another violation of the basic soccer kit for women.

I guess there will be none of this from the Iranian women

Brandi_Chastain_1999.jpg

Brandi_Chastain_1999.jpg

They could, but they had better immidiately ask for asylum right after doing it. It would be "frowned upon" by the clerics and thier thugs back home.

Brandi_Chastain_1999.jpg

They could, but they had better immidiately ask for asylum right after doing it. It would be "frowned upon" by the clerics and thier thugs back home.

Damn right, if an Iranian female soccer player behaved that way after scoring a goal she would face hell back at home, better to apply for asylum after that.

"These are the dictators and colonialists who want to impose their lifestyle on others," Ahmadinejad said in a news conference, according to The National.

How interesting. Isn't that precisely what most muslims do...attempt to impose their lifestyle and beliefs on others!

But you left out the best part of his statement: "We follow definite rights of our girls."

bwaahahahahahahahahahaha! :rofl:

"These are the dictators and colonialists who want to impose their lifestyle on others," Ahmadinejad said in a news conference, according to The National.

How interesting. Isn't that precisely what most muslims do...attempt to impose their lifestyle and beliefs on others!

How do you figure that?

Are they demanding that other teams also wear headscarves??

How do you figure that?

Yes.

They just don't have the numbers or a big enough stick to make it happen. But everyone, including you, knows they would if they could.

How do you figure that?

Don't play games, you know they're not just talking about headscarves.

peoples.gif

the rules apparently say- no headgear, they know this.
Heading the ball is allowed, the scarves may be present a form of protection, the folds that will inevitably appear on the scarf may direct the ball, even minimally .....this isn't like saying an armless person cannot use their hands:lol:

How do you figure that?

If they had the power to make it happen, yes they would demand it.

How do you figure that?

Don't play games, you know they're not just talking about headscarves.

Really??

Then please inform us what they are actually talking about.

I am sure that we would all like to know. :cuckoo:

peoples.gif

Heading the ball is allowed, the scarves may be present a form of protection, the folds that will inevitably appear on the scarf may direct the ball, even minimally .....this isn't like saying an armless person cannot use their hands:lol:

Ah, i forgot about that with soccer, so yes, it could be considered, if not an advantage, a change to how the game is basically played.

How do you figure that?

Yes.

They just don't have the numbers or a big enough stick to make it happen. But everyone, including you, knows they would if they could.

So basically you are saying that if their team was larger.

They would then carry big sticks to make other teams wear headscarves?? :lol: :cuckoo:

peoples.gif

Ah, i forgot about that with soccer, so yes, it could be considered, if not an advantage, a change to how the game is basically played.

So basically a thin piece of cloth could be a complete game changer. :lol: :cuckoo:

peoples.gif

So basically a thin piece of cloth could be a complete game changer. :lol: :cuckoo:

The kit is described in the rules of the game, no headgear is described in the rules of the game. Everyone else is fine with the rules. If Iran is not, they dont have to play.

peoples.gif

who knows? how thin will it be? how thick can they be? what material is allowed? so does fifa now enact a comm. to investigate and determine new rules must they for headscarves so one team can wear them?

get the picture now?

why must the entire sport conform to accommodate one team who knew the rules going in?

take off the fucking head scarves while you play, allah won't incarcerate you for that. :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back