Iranian Warships Gathering in the Straits of Hormuz

Discussion in 'Iran' started by longknife, Aug 4, 2018.

1. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,806
    The Strair of Hormuz is only 29 miles wide. Iran claims its territorial waters to extend 12 miles while Oman does the same. That leave a tiny 5 mile-wide space for ships to traverse.

2. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,399
    You can see both shores there.........We understood that the Iranians had silk worm missiles there at the straits .........don't know if that is the case now.........was then..............

Bigger problem for us was the Kuwaiti mine fields and them putting mines in off the rigs............The Kuwaiti mine fields are basically square boxes........of circular current........Mine sweepers would clear a box.......then report it safe..........then the asshats would put more mines in the water................at that point..........we were not allowed to take them out yet.....when our ships got hit ......then the rigs were used as a training qualification to waste them...........

Their little ships were blown away.............and the people fell into the shark tank. Doubtful many were alive after taking the hits..............

They try again............they will meet the same fate.