Iranian Mullah for UN Sec Gen ??

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Iran Mullah President Considered for UN Sec-Gen Post
Sep 17, 2004, 10:11

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_3795.shtml

Iran plans to propose President mullah Mohammad Khatami to become the next United Nations Secretary General, IRNA reported.

Chairman of Iran's House of Political Parties Hassan Ghafourifard said he would discuss the issue with Khatami soon, and that a special committee would be formed to follow up due proceedings. He said he had been informed that the next UN secretary general would be elected from Asia at the recent International Conference of Asian Political Parties (ICAPP) in Beijing.

Ghafourifard added that the nomination of Thai Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai for the post had provoked him to lobby for Khatami considering his "creditable cultural and political background" as Iran's president. "I have proposed Khatami for the post by considering the fact that he initiated the idea of 'Dialogue Among Civilizations' against Hantington's 'Clashes of Civilizations' and also that 2001 was named as the Year of Dialogue Among Civilizations after Khatami's initiative," he said.

Ghafourifard further highlighted the efforts of President Khatami to promote the policy of detente in the international community as another reason for proposing him to win the UN post of secretary general.

Sounds great huh?

onedomino said:
They really are delusional in Iran.

You would think so, but I'm not so sure. Given the fact that the UN is a bastion of anti-Americanism, I don't believe that it is beyond reasonable possibility that those vermin would vote in a terrorist. So it would not surprise me if they voted in a mullah who would then proceed to "convert" the world to islam.

Forum List

Back