Iranian mother of two sentenced to death by stoning may be saved by an unlikely hero

Yeah, I mean, I hate to agree, but it does not matter whether she fucked 100 dudes while being married. Nobody, and I mean, NOBODY, deserves to get stoned to death for committing "adultery." Yeah, like I try, I really try to take culture into account and you know it's very complicated when people have certain beliefs about this or that... but no, absolutely not. Not only is the death penalty wrong (which is what we're talking about, this IS the death penalty), but the death penalty for fucking? Absolutely, positively not, under any circumstance. It's indefensible.

Really? I can at least understand the aversion to treating adultery as a capital offense, but do you really think that executing rapists is so draconian?
The death penalty is not indefensible, last I checked that argument was at an impasse with neither side really making headway in their argument.

I can see why people would want the death penalty, quick and simple and straightforward if you take death row out of the equation. But economically now things aren't simple with appeals, deceitful lawyers and corruption existing heavily within the system, plenty of cases people end up innocent and the bad guy still out there.

So in the end its cheaper to shove someone in a prison cell for life than execute someone (in a western society). But in some cases there does need to be execution and when you come down to it we executed many people from the Nazi regime after ww2, and there was no hope of them re-entering society.

It's not really an economic issue for me. Plus, most of the methods of execution used in Shari'ah seem more cost effective than those used in Western countries today. The deterrant effect must also be considered. While I hardly consider Saudi Arabia a good model for Islamic governance, there's no denying that they have a low violent crime rate and that this is due at least in part to their quick and harsh methods of administering justice to violent offenders.

Forum List

Back