Iranian Leader Tweets Christmas Greeting to Pope

However, I think the world would be flabbergasted if the King of that bastion of devout Sunnis would ever send greetings to the Pope.
Exactly who is the "King of the bastion of devout Sunnis"?? .... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Why, Mr. Cuckoo, it is the King of Saudi Arabia. When you go on the pilgrimage to visit the black rock, you can personally stop off and advise the King that it would be a wonderful gesture if he gave the Pope Christmas greetings.

The Saudi King is the "King of the sunnis"? The country with the largest Sunni population is Indonesia:cool:

Sunni and Shia Muslims | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

Exactly who is the "King of the bastion of devout Sunnis"?? .... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Why, Mr. Sunni Man, it is the King of Saudi Arabia. When you go on the pilgrimage to visit the black rock, you can personally stop off and advise the King that it would be a wonderful gesture if he gave the Pope Christmas greetings.

The Saudi King is the "King of the sunnis"? The country with the largest Sunni population is Indonesia:cool:

Please don't confuse Silly-Sally with the facts.

It makes her dizzy and prone to hissy fits. .... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Why, Mr. Sunni Man, it is the King of Saudi Arabia. When you go on the pilgrimage to visit the black rock, you can personally stop off and advise the King that it would be a wonderful gesture if he gave the Pope Christmas greetings.

But, Mr. Cuckoo, isn't the King the one in charge of the two most holy places in Islam -- Mecca and Medina? I don't think these two cities are in Indonesia regardless of their Muslim population.

But, Mr. Cuckoo, isn't the King the one in charge of the two most holy places in Islam -- Mecca and Medina? I don't think these two cities are in Indonesia regardless of their Muslim population.

Most Sunnis don't even live in Saudi Arabia.

Shias and Sunnis go to Mecca and Medina.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most Sunnis don't even live in Saudi Arabia.

Shias and Sunnis go to Mecca and Medina.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did I say that most Sunnis live in Saudi Arabia? Meanwhile, Mr. Cuckoo doesn't like the Shia, and he wants them rounded up and put in some enclave. However, if you want to join him on the pilgrimage, I think we can also include you in the Bon Voyage party. You and Sunni can share a hotel room when you get over there (provided you are not a Shia of course).

We can go visit the Saudi Arabian King, king of the Sunnis! lol

Mr. Iceman, you are a party pooper. Here I was funning with Mr. Cuckoo and you had to step in. However, I hope you both enjoy going on the pilgrimage together. When you get back, be sure to tell the forum how you liked the Haramain High Speed Railway between Mecca and Medina. Now I will bid you adieu and hope you have a good night.

The news said the Pope graciously accepted the 'Merry Christmas' from the Iranian leader in the spirit of Peace and Friendship it was given. .... :cool:

that's wonderful. I agree to PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP and to demonstrate how
much the pope and the Italian people appreciate the BEAUTY of the islamic
republic of iran------the ITALIAN people should EMULATE that beauty by emulating
its laws. All persons in Italy who convert to islam should be executed for apostasy and
Imams should be jailed ---in order to pay a COMPLIMENT TO THE BEAUTY OF ISLAMIC
REPBUBLIC sense of justice

Even better-----muslims in Iraly should be granted the SAME RIGHTS that Catholics in
saudi arabia enjoy

Irosie has some knowledge about the 3 monotheistic religions.

But Silly-Sally is a clueless nitwit on the subject. .... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Since Mrs. Cuckoo hates the Shia for what they believe in and considers tham Infidels, I wouldn't be speaking if I were Mr. Cuckoo that he knows so much on the subject. I probably have met more Iranians, both Muslims and Jews, in my own neighborhood than he has, and even have worked with lots of them. In fact, the people in the lot just down below me are Iranian Muslims, and the husband was thrown into prison for being a singer. Thank goodness he was able to bribe himself out. Not only that but I have sat down with Iranians in their homes for a regular meal or just having some refreshments while shooting the breeze. Meanwhile, I regularly go into an Iranian market just minutes from my home for a few things, and I feel like I am in Tehran what with the Iranian shoppers milling about in there. I am able to chat with those who are shopping there since they recognize me. There was even a young Iranian woman who years ago told me she wished I was available for her father since he was a widower in Tehran because she would love to have me as a stepmother. She wanted her father to learn English and meet some American women. I told her he didn't need to really learn English, and that a few kisses on the neck, and love is international. So you go ahead, Mr. Cuckoo, and call people silly when the silliest one posting is actually you. I would suggest that perhaps you should give some women a few kisses on the neck, and maybe that would keep you occupied for a while.

Irosie has some knowledge about the 3 monotheistic religions.

But Silly-Sally is a clueless nitwit on the subject. .... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Since Mr Sunni Man hates the Shia for what they believe in and considers tham Infidels, I wouldn't be speaking if I were Mr. Sunni Man that he knows so much on the subject. I probably have met more Iranians, both Muslims and Jews, in my own neighborhood than he has, and even have worked with lots of them. In fact, the people in the lot just down below me are Iranian Muslims, and the husband was thrown into prison for being a singer. Thank goodness he was able to bribe himself out. Not only that but I have sat down with Iranians in their homes for a regular meal or just having some refreshments while shooting the breeze. Meanwhile, I regularly go into an Iranian market just minutes from my home for a few things, and I feel like I am in Tehran what with the Iranian shoppers milling about in there. I am able to chat with those who are shopping there since they recognize me. There was even a young Iranian woman who years ago told me she wished I was available for her father since he was a widower in Tehran because she would love to have me as a stepmother. She wanted her father to learn English and meet some American women. I told her he didn't need to really learn English, and that a few kisses on the neck, and love is international. So you go ahead, Mr. Sunni Man, and call people silly when the silliest one posting is actually you. I would suggest that perhaps you should give some women a few kisses on the neck, and maybe that would keep you occupied for a while.
Sure thing......... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Iran’s top leaders sent Christmas greetings on social media today, reaching out via unprecedented tweets from the Islamic republic — including one message directed at Pope Francis.

“Felicitations to @Pontifex on birthday of Christ, Prophet of love, mercy & friendship,” Iranian President Hassan Rouhani tweeted, referring to the Pope’s Twitter account, “@Pontifex.”

The Iranian leaders’ comments follow a similar interfaith outreach around the time of the Jewish New Year, in September, when Rouhani used Twitter to “wish all Jews, especially Iranian Jews, a blessed Rosh Hashanah.”

Since he assumed office in August, Rouhani has put a friendly face on engagement with the West, even exchanging tweets with U.S. President Barack Obama.

Iranian Leader Tweets Christmas Greeting to Pope - ABC News

That's about as meaningful as a like on facebook.

Maybe they can be internet "friends" now.

It means nothing.

Except that it make international news and shows how the Iranian government is reaching out to the people of the world.

And flies in the face of the western medias portrayal of the Iranian leadership as war mongering psychopaths.

When in reality; Iran is a peaceful nation and strives to resolve it's disputes with dialogue and not military solutions. ..... :cool:

Except that it make international news and shows how the Iranian government is reaching out to the people of the world.

And flies in the face of the western medias portrayal of the Iranian leadership as war mongering psychopaths.

When in reality; Iran is a peaceful nation and strives to resolve it's disputes with dialogue and not military solutions. ..... :cool:

Stupid redneck comments make the news too.

Even by your standards of pointless, meaningless banter, that was an exercise in stupidity.

.........True story

..............:cool:

Forum List

Back