Iranian information

Originally Posted by Sunni Man
Ahmadinejad is refered to as a nutjob by the west because #1 he doesn't believe in the Holocaust. Heck, half of the world denies the Holohoax nonsense story. And #2, he want's his country to do nuclear. I would venture to say, that almost every leader of every nation has a desire for their country to become nuclear.

SM is an animal asshole, a post like this affirms my decision to place this piece of turd in the IB, haven't seen the asshole do anything but troll... :cuckoo:

Ahmadinejad is refered to as a nutjob by the west because #1 he doesn't believe in the Holocaust. Heck, half of the world denies the Holohoax nonsense story. And #2, he want's his country to do nuclear. I would venture to say, that almost every leader of every nation has a desire for their country to become nuclear.

SM is an animal asshole, a post like this affirms my decision to place this piece of turd in the IB, haven't seen the asshole do anything but troll... :cuckoo:
That's as good of an excuse as any to hide Rhodes.

After all I have defeated you in every post you have made.

That's as good of an excuse as any to hide Rhodes.

After all I have defeated you in every post you have made.
:lol:
you havent defeated ANYONE

The infantile taunting and trolling, using statements to incite and draw people into flame wars/shouting matches, is indicative of a weak minded poster unable to offer genuine, intelligent discourse. They simply swoop into a thread and drop a moronic statement, checking up later to see if someone has taken the bait.

If there is anyone who Gunny should give a week or two timeout to, this zero is it. Before I put the idiot on ignore for good, I skimmed its other posts and it is an equal opportunity troller; it pollutes all and every thread it visits...clearly, it is only here to waste the time of those foolish enough not to have put it on Ignore yet...

The infantile taunting and trolling, using statements to incite and draw people into flame wars/shouting matches, is indicative of a weak minded poster unable to offer genuine, intelligent discourse. They simply swoop into a thread and drop a moronic statement, checking up later to see if someone has taken the bait.

If there is anyone who Gunny should give a week or two timeout to, this zero is it. Before I put the idiot on ignore for good, I skimmed its other posts and it is an equal opportunity troller; it pollutes all and every thread it visits...clearly, it is only here to waste the time of those foolish enough not to have put it on Ignore yet...

why don't you grow a pair and stop whining? :lol:

Really, how about your side and all their blabbering about ACORN!!!

But you are right. The people who get robbed usually yell the loudest.

I am conservative, voted for McCain, and accepted his loss. I didn't spend 5 months trying to fight it in the courts. Acorn did not cause McCain to lose, but they did use the names of dead people on the voter rolls, amongst other things.

This is what is makes me laugh at the left, when they lose, someone cheated, but when a conservative loses, "that's what should have happened, and the election was flawless."

Back to the topic, if nothing else, I hope the iranians kill every POS Basij - who the media seems unwilling to point out is primarily made up of imported palestinians to do the dirty muscle work - that they can.

If the US won't invade, at least they should arm the civilians so that they can take on the Basij on equal footing. The iranian army is unlikely to get actively involved, so its really a street fight between the imported palestinians and the freedom loving iranians being attacked.

Also interesting how this could never happen in the US, given the level of weaponry already in possession of the public. Hopefully, the next time the gun-control idiots think of screeching for more laws and restrictions, they might remember situations like this, where an awful dictatorship is always willing to attack an unarmed civilian pop - until the civvies arm themselves...

Back that one up!

Hello rhodescholar, can you please back up your claim or retract?

Gasiorowski, Mark. “Islamic Republic of Iran,” in David E. Long, Bernard Reich, and Mark Gasiorowski, eds., The Government and Politics of the Middle East and North Africa, Fifth Edition (Boulder: Westview Press, 2007).

Interesting information from a reliable source:

Topic #1: Conservatives (the bad guys) vs. the Reformists (the lesser evil) in Iran

The conservatives continued to attack the reformists and block their reform initiatives during Khatami's second term. In addition, the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the subsequent US declaration that Iran was part of an "axis of evil," and the US invasion of Iraq in March 2003 created growing fear that the United States might attack Iran, strengthening the conservatives' determination to stop the reformists.
Calling what the Bush contingent caused a faux pas would be too lenient... but let's go on...

Topic #2: Political Culture of Islam

From the same chapter of the same book in the section labeled "Political Culture":
"Another recurring theme in Iran's modern history has been an emphasis on political pluralism, reflecting not only the growing importance of the modern middle class but also the country's Shi'a traditions, which include a tendency to support multiple religious leaders and norms of legalism, inclusiveness, and consensus-building among the clergy.
This is simply yet another quote proving that Islam is compatible with democracy (I've had that argument on this board before)...but let's go on...

Topic #3: Run-up to Iran-Contra Affair

"During the first few years of the Islamic regime, Iran purchased large quantities of weapons from Israel, which was the only country willing to flaunt US efforts to block the flow of US-made arms to Iran at this time. These Israeli arms sales eventually led to the 1985-1986 Iran-Contra Affair, in which Iran bought arms directly from the United States."
Oops! :rofl: This I quoted just so you can too, have a bit of a laugh at the irony...

Another interesting article worth reading: Boroumand, Ladan. (2005) "Iran's Peculiar Election: The Role of Ideology." Journal of Democracy. Vol 16, No. 4.

'The election game' in Iran

...Article 59 of the constitution reduces them [elections] to mere manifestations of "public opinion" and thus reconciles them with divine sovereignty by downgrading their significance... no candidate can run, and no election result be made official, until the unelected Council of Guardians gives its approval.

Then why do they still hold elections? (These are my notes from the text):
1. Inside and outside, Shi'ite Muslim Ayattolahs question Khomeini's arguments on which Iran is based (the divinity of his rule over Iran, etc.) - elections with a high turnout make dissenters seem marginal.
2. In order to provide a buffer against foreign and clerical criticism and in order to reassure foreign investors.
Therefore ==> It is extremely important for today's Iranian leaders to maintain high voter turnout. Some would argue, their survival depends on it, hence...

To keep citizens coming to the polls, the rulers have had to shelve their own ideological orthodoxy and let women ignore the strictures of the Islamic dress code, for instance. While tenuous, the wider space of cultural, personal, and social freedom is real.
(That's pre-2003)

I love this quote:
For a totalitarian pariah terrorist state to persuade Western journalists and diplomats to call it "democratic" is no small coup.

The Iranian Election Boycott

The municipal elections of 2003 were a victory for the boycott movement, with official turnoug plummeting from 57% in 1999 to just 28% four years later. In Tehran, official turnout dipped all the way down to 12% and allowed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a regime militant loyal to the supreme leader and linked to the Revolutionary Guards and the Basij, to win the city's mayoralty. The regime had promoted Ahmadinejad's candidacy as, in effect, its answer to the massive boycott by Tehran's voting-age population.

Behind Ahmadinejad's Rise

With the US president voicing frank criticisms and Iranian civil society leaders promoting an intensification of already serious boycotts, the regime wanted to bring as many voters as possible to the polls without compromising the Islamic Republic's ideological integrity.

One of Rafsanjani's key pledges was to push for direct talks between Iran and the United States, which broke off their diplomatic ties decades ago.

Rafsanjani needed not only the high turnout... but also some encouragement or at least silence from Washington. In the event, Rafsanjani got none of these things. On the eve of the election, President Bush did what no predecessor of his had ever done by announcing publicly that the upcoming vote would not meet minimal standards of freedom and fairness, and by reiterating his support for the right of the Iranian people to enjoy liberty and a democratic government. Totalitarian regimes are arguably worried more by ideological than by military battles, for they know that international solidarity sustains the opposition's moral strength.

Tragic...

Elections of 2005:

... savage government repression took place in the northwestern Iranian province of Kurdistan, where the boycott movement achieved broad success. On 10 July 2005, during a peaceful postelection demonstration in the town of Mahabad, security forces shot the Kurdish proboycott activist Shavaneh Qaderi and dragged him through the streets behind their vehicle while he was still alive. To date [October 2005] security forces have killed at least 17 people while putting down these protests.

Doesn't this make it all a bit clearer? I hope it does... of course, you should read both the chapter and the article, a few quotes won't do them justice... but it is important and interesting info...

why don't you grow a pair and stop whining? :lol:
Rhodes Scholar is a wimp and a fraud.

He talks alot but can't back up his mouth.

He reminds me of the draft dodgers during the Vietnam War.

Can't face the logic of the opposition. So they run and hide. :lol:

See here:

RFE/RL Iran Report

"23 October 2000, Volume 3, Number 40

"HIZBALLAH AND PALESTINIANS INVOLVED IN BASIJ EXERCISES...Hizballah and PIJ or HAMAS participation in the current exercises supports reports by the Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran that Arabic-speaking Lebanese mercenaries were among the hardline forces who attacked student demonstrators in July 2000 (see "RFE/RL Iran Report," 17 July 2000)."

See here:

RFE/RL Iran Report

"HIZBALLAH AND PALESTINIANS INVOLVED IN BASIJ EXERCISES...Hizballah and PIJ or HAMAS participation in the current exercises supports reports by the Student Movement Coordination Committee for Democracy in Iran that Arabic-speaking Lebanese mercenaries were among the hardline forces who attacked student demonstrators in July 2000 (see "RFE/RL Iran Report," 17 July 2000)."

That was from 2000, 9 years ago. Any information on Basij forces now?

And you said it was "primarily" made up of Palestinians, not that some Palestinians were involved in it.

See here:

RFE/RL Iran Report

thanks for the attempt, but this is not enough.

some alleged lebanese almost 10 years ago do not make the basij primarily palestinian.

you as an ME expert surely know the difference between shiite lebanese hizbullah and sunni palestinians. there are rumors that NOW about 5000 lebanese hezbullah fighters are among the basij. unconfirmed of course.

you'd be better off to retract your claim.

That was from 2000, 9 years ago. Any information on Basij forces now?

And you said it was "primarily" made up of Palestinians, not that some Palestinians were involved in it.

LOL, perfect timing, J-Post to the rescue:

Protesters tell "Post' Hamas helping Iran crush dissent | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

Jun 17, 2009 10:03 | Updated Jun 17, 2009 15:27
'Hamas helping Iran crush dissent'
By SABINA AMIDI, SPECIAL TO THE JERUSALEM POST
TEHERAN

Palestinian Hamas members are helping the Iranian authorities crush street protests in support of reformist presidential candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, two protesters told The Jerusalem Post On Tuesday.

Election riots in Teheran
They made their allegations as rioting on a scale unseen in Iran for nearly a decade continued in the wake of the elections and the allegations that the results were falsified. The protests have now spread from Teheran to other major cities.

Mousavi insisted on Tuesday that he would "protect" his supporters' votes "at all cost, even if I am at risk."

Shouting from a car roof to a roaring crowd of supporters, he declared: "The pillars of the revolution have been shaken... We must not be silent."

Hamas formally welcomed incumbent Ahmadinejad's ostensible reelection victory on Saturday. The Palestinian Islamist movement receives arms and funding from Iran, and its members have often received training there, including in terror tactics and weapons manufacture.

Despite a massive crackdown on dissent, thousands of protesters rallied again in Teheran on Tuesday night in support of Mousavi, following reports that up to 20 people had been killed by security forces at rallies across Iran against the disputed results of last week's presidential elections.

Pro-government gunmen, reportedly opening fire on protesters, killed at least seven people on Monday night and others have been wounded.

State radio reports claimed that the victims were trying to loot weapons and to vandalize public property, and were shot by unidentified gunmen.

People claiming to have witnessed the shootings, however, insist that the victims were peaceful demonstrators, including students from Teheran university. "There are so many crimes, beatings and killings that have yet to be reported. When we fight back, it is for our own protection," said a young man passing out flyers with the names of those he said were murdered Teheran University students.

Among those named were Fatima Brahati, Kasra Sharafi, Kambiz Shahi, Mohsen Emani and Mina Ahtrami. Their bodies are said to have been secretly buried by government loyalists.

Amid the violence, confusion and government restrictions on communication, the accuracy of conflicting accounts is hard to ascertain.

"The most important thing that I believe people outside of Iran should be aware of," the young man went on, "is the participation of Palestinian forces in these riots."

Another protester, who spoke as he carried a kitchen knife in one hand and a stone in the other, also cited the presence of Hamas in Teheran.

On Monday, he said, "my brother had his ribs beaten in by those Palestinian animals. Taking our people's money is not enough, they are thirsty for our blood too."

It was ironic, this man said, that the victorious Ahmadinejad "tells us to pray for the young Palestinians, suffering at the hands of Israel." His hope, he added, was that Israel would "come to its senses" and ruthlessly deal with the Palestinians.

When asked if these militia fighters could have been mistaken for Lebanese Shi'ites, sent by Hizbullah, he rejected the idea. "Ask anyone, they will tell you the same thing. They [Palestinian extremists] are out beating Iranians in the streets… The more we gave this arrogant race, the more they want… [But] we will not let them push us around in our own country."

Mousavi has said he won Friday's balloting, and he demanded the government annul Ahmadinejad's victory and hold a new election.

Iran's state radio said seven people were killed in clashes at Monday's protest - the first official confirmation of deaths linked to the street battles following the disputed vote.

It said people were killed during an "unauthorized gathering" at a mass rally after protesters "tried to attack a military location." Witnesses saw people firing from the roof of a building used by a state-backed militia after Mousavi supporters set fire to the building and tried to storm it.

Mousavi supporters had called for demonstrations on Tuesday, but Mousavi said in a message on his Web site he would not be attending any rally and asked his supporters to "not fall in the trap of street riots," and to "exercise self-restraint." Foreign reporters in Iran to cover last week's elections began leaving the country on Tuesday after officials said they would not extend their visas.

Authorities restricted other journalists, including Iranians working for foreign media, from reporting on the streets, and said they could only work from their offices, conducting telephone interviews and monitoring official sources such as state TV.

At least ten Iranian journalists have been arrested since the election, "and we are very worried about them, we don't know where they have been detained," Jean-Francois Julliard, secretary general of Reporters Without Borders told AP Television News in Paris. He added that some people who took pictures with cellphones were also arrested.

The government imposed rules prevent media outlets, including The Associated Press, from sending independent photos or video of street protests or rallies.

Yaakov Katz, Herb Keinon, Rebecca Anna Stoil, AP and JPost.com staff contributed to this report.

some alleged lebanese almost 10 years ago do not make the basij primarily palestinian.

you as an ME expert surely know the difference between shiite lebanese hizbullah and sunni palestinians. there are rumors that NOW about 5000 lebanese hezbullah fighters are among the basij. unconfirmed of course.

BWahahahahahahahahahahahaah. Want a towel to clean that egg off your face, kid?

Last edited:

Thats a poorly sourced article that I've seen absolutely no independent confirmation of from primary sources, or from anywhere else. Which seems very strange considering the claim in the article that "Ask anyone, they will tell you the same thing. They [Palestinian extremists] are out beating Iranians in the streets".

You are going to have to do better than that as well.

Thats a poorly sourced article that I've seen absolutely no independent confirmation of from primary sources, or from anywhere else. Which seems very strange considering the claim in the article that "Ask anyone, they will tell you the same thing. They [Palestinian extremists] are out beating Iranians in the streets".

Fucking hilarious. A MSM news source is provided, and still she questions it.

Sorry charlie, you asked for a source, and I provided one of the best. You don't want to accept it, that's your business. I finished my responsiblities, you just lack the character and sense to admit it, and give credit where its due. You're failure is duly noted.

Sorry charlie, you asked for a source, and I provided one of the best. You don't want to accept it, that's your business. I finished my responsiblities, you just lack the character and sense to admit it, and give credit where its due. You're failure is duly noted.

I'm not a she. And the MSM didn't stake their credibility on the truth of the claims, they just cited two protestors. I find it odd, also, that the protestors seem to have a visceral hatred of Palestinians, it makes me a bit hesitant to accept their accounts.

I'm not interested in your partisan bitching, I'm interested in whats actually going on over there. I've been following the news very closely from a variety of sources. The Iranian government has started fake twitter accounts and so I've had some experience in the past 24-48 hours of trying to figure out which twitter accounts are fake and which aren't. Give that, the quotes from the "protestors" seems very much out of line with the type of language and attitude I've heard from other Iranian dissidents. That combined with the fact that its only 2 individuals, and I haven't heard this from anywhere else leaves me feeling a bit uncertain about the outcome.

But believe whatever you want. I'm not interested in trying to convince you one way or the other, but if you come up with something more reliable, since you seem to have an axe to grind, feel free to post it.

I'm not a she. And the MSM didn't stake their credibility on the truth of the claims, they just cited two protestors. I find it odd, also, that the protestors seem to have a visceral hatred of Palestinians, it makes me a bit hesitant to accept their accounts.

I'm not interested in your partisan bitching, I'm interested in whats actually going on over there. I've been following the news very closely from a variety of sources. The Iranian government has started fake twitter accounts and so I've had some experience in the past 24-48 hours of trying to figure out which twitter accounts are fake and which aren't. Give that, the quotes from the "protestors" seems very much out of line with the type of language and attitude I've heard from other Iranian dissidents. That combined with the fact that its only 2 individuals, and I haven't heard this from anywhere else leaves me feeling a bit uncertain about the outcome.

But believe whatever you want. I'm not interested in trying to convince you one way or the other, but if you come up with something more reliable, since you seem to have an axe to grind, feel free to post it.
persian vs arab
its a centuries old battle

That was a nice experiment, you did not disappoint. you made a ridiculous claim, blaming the media and palestinians. you found no backup, and did not man up and retract your on the face false statement. you are a garden variety internet loudmouth with no honor and no self-awareness. jpost to the rescue, bwhahahahaha. you could join the basij, they are looking for old men, too. you certainly have the right mindset. didn't i tell you to fuck off before, yes i did. so once again, fuck off, hahah.

That was a nice experiment, you did not disappoint. you made a ridiculous claim, blaming the media and palestinians. you found no backup, and did not man up and retract your on the face false statement. you are a garden variety internet loudmouth with no honor and no self-awareness. jpost to the rescue, bwhahahahaha. you could join the basij, they are looking for old men, too. you certainly have the right mindset. didn't i tell you to fuck off before, yes i did. so once again, fuck off, hahah.
That was typical Rhodes Scholar behavior.

He shoots his mouth off'

Then when you present him with the facts. He puts you on ignore.

Soon he will have half of the board on ignore. :cuckoo:

Basically, he only likes to debate with those who agree with his infantile veiws. :lol:

The only difference between an idiot like sunni man and you is you embellish your BS in longer sentences, but you end up at the same place: pure lies and endless stupidity.

I made a comment, you asked for a link to support it, I gave one from a well-respected MAINSTREAM NEWS SOURCE, no less, and now you complain about the link.

You are worthless trash, a far left turd who cannot own up to the fact that you got humiliated by a conservative. You're as weak a piece of trash as shogun, at least he has an excuse note from his special ed teacher, what's yours weakie?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back