iranian coffee shop

Don't turn down the volume yet! :D

I think there is a little confusion here, Chris. I was responding to Alpine who showed something about the Green Revolution in Iran. The video I put up I believe has Sattar singing a bit about Neda Agha-Soltan, Anyhow, if you are unfamiliar with Neda's story, you might check these two sites out. By the way, the Iranians living here in Los Angeles want the City Council to declare the corner where the Federal Building is situated as Neda's Square.

'United for Neda' is artists' song for Iranian people - CNN.com

As for Dani, that was the type of music my kids were playing. I much prefer the mellow voice of someone like Sattar who was the favorite of the Shah's family. However, Dani reminds me of someone who would feel right at home here in America. An Iranian comedian once was being interviewed for the Los Angeles Times Entertainment Section, and he said that every time he goes back to Iran to visit, his cousins ask him how they too can get to live in America.

I just wanted an excuse to play some Metallica. I wasn't even paying attention to your conversation, TBH! :lol:

I think there is a little confusion here, Chris. I was responding to Alpine who showed something about the Green Revolution in Iran. The video I put up I believe has Sattar singing a bit about Neda Agha-Soltan, Anyhow, if you are unfamiliar with Neda's story, you might check these two sites out. By the way, the Iranians living here in Los Angeles want the City Council to declare the corner where the Federal Building is situated as Neda's Square.

As for Dani, that was the type of music my kids were playing. I much prefer the mellow voice of someone like Sattar who was the favorite of the Shah's family. However, Dani reminds me of someone who would feel right at home here in America. An Iranian comedian once was being interviewed for the Los Angeles Times Entertainment Section, and he said that every time he goes back to Iran to visit, his cousins ask him how they too can get to live in America.

I just wanted an excuse to play some Metallica. I wasn't even paying attention to your conversation, TBH! :lol:

I understand, Chris Many people of my generation liked to listen to Doo Wop. The Doo Wop guys used to sing in the subways to catch the echo. Many readers might recognize some of the songs this Bronx Doo Wop group sang.

The Wanderer - Dion & The Belmonts — Listen and discover music at Last.fm

We also liked to listen to groups such as this. Good for slow dancing. Maybe you and Dani will also like the 50's music.

Now back to Sattar (since this is the Iran forum) who has a lovely voice an is now giving concerts in America. I am sure many ex-Iranians are happy that he is here now and that he is still recording so that they can buy his DVDs.

I understand, Chris Many people of my generation liked to listen to Doo Wop. The Doo Wop guys used to sing in the subways to catch the echo. Many readers might recognize some of the songs this Bronx Doo Wop group sang.

We also liked to listen to groups such as this. Good for slow dancing. Maybe you and Dani will also like the 50's music.

Now back to Sattar (since this is the Iran forum) who has a lovely voice an is now giving concerts in America. I am sure many ex-Iranians are happy that he is here now and that he is still recording so that they can buy his DVDs.

do you know satar is religious ?
even he pray ..

sattar fled the filth and stink of ayatoilet Iran in 1978

even he pray ..

sattar fled the filth and stink of ayatoilet Iran in 1978

even he pray ..

what?

Beautiful. :)
Hello,
I was here once and we talked with eachother.
Hope you're still doing well.

Yes, I remember you. How are you? :)
I'm better now, Thanks.
Have some mental problems, But its getting better day by day.

But specifically this days, I mean from today, for 10 days, there is some religious ceremonies, big ceremonies, Named Remembrance of Muharram in wikipedia. At nights.

I mean it's very awful, They're every where in streets, tv, radio, ... . Their awful terrible sound is extremely loud. I can hear it know in my room far from them. Its harsh. Their sound is realy unpleasant.

you should change your city .
What city you mean? Mash'had?!!
I need a city without majority of Iranians. Do you know such city in Iran?
"You should change your country", is a bit more realistic, I think.

Music knows no country's boundaries. Dani likes Metallica, don't you Dani? :D

I love the song Master Of Puppets, Specially concert version.
My friend also love Slipknot. She loves heavy metal generally. :biggrin:

I love the song Master Of Puppets, Specially concert version.
My friend also love Slipknot. She loves heavy metal generally. :biggrin:

I love metal too, but generally 80s metal I find to be the best. :)

So true. I am sure when Rock N Roll came out, there were many people in the world loving it and "Rocking Around the Clock.". When you have children, you get to listen to the popular music of their time. My kids really liked the Jackson 5 and then went on to enjoy other types of music like this heavy metal stuff.

Even in clothing, there are no boundaries. Look at how many people around the world wear Levis which originated with a tailor, Levi Strauss, making them for the gold miners in California years and years ago. Maybe Dani puts on a pair of jeans when he listens to heavy metal.

even he pray ..[/QUOTE]

From something his wife told me last year, I don't think the family is religious. In fact, I don't think many of the Iranians living out here are religious. In the Iranian market, the only women you see wearing a kerchief on their heads are older ones. The young ones are very hep and very Americanized. Once I had dinner at Sattar's house, and that is how his Iranian guests came across to me.

I think you, Dani, would be a perfect fit to live in America. With your Farsi, you can become a real estate agent and sell those million dollar homes to rich Iranians.

Iran defeat South Korea in World Cup qualifier as fans respect holy day Tasu'a at Azadi Stadium

Iran ran out 1-0 victors at the Azadi Stadium after fans were told by religious leaders to mourn and not cheer during the match due to the Shia Islam date in the calendar

FBL-WC-2018-ASIA-IRI-KOR.jpg

Iran defeat South Korea in World Cup qualifier as fans respect holy day Tasu'a at Azadi Stadium

Iran ran out 1-0 victors at the Azadi Stadium after fans were told by religious leaders to mourn and not cheer during the match due to the Shia Islam date in the calendar

Dani-----feel free to celebrate------at home-----keep the curtains closed

What happened to the coffee shop Dani? I suppose people can't afford to buy things from here.
I see the sanctions' effects even on this coffee shop. :04:

jew finally won. aryan lose.are you hungry like me ? have you food? please give me two apple

What's it in the home page? Did you see it? They want money for the hosting service. I think this forum belongs to Amir Ghasemi too. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back