Iran

HappyJoy

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2015
No, this is not political and I apologize if this has already been covered.

I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain about traveling to Iran that was posted here a month or so ago. Ever since then, looking at tour companies who sponsor trips to Iran (it's completely legal) I really want to go. What I am reading is how hospitable the locals are and the food looks fantastic. I don't mind traveling with a tour company, haven't done it in the past but for this occasion I'm more than comfortable and would probably prefer it.

This of course is not an endorsement of their government but a curiosity of their culture. A culture that we understand very little about.

So, question, would you go? Of course there are serious security issues at hand and the Iranian government isn't exactly an entity many would trust however more than anything they want to promote their country. To me it would be a trip of a lifetime, like going to the USSR in 1982.

Thoughts?

• Banned
PS- I have a passport and a clean background.

Unless of course, the cops frequent USMB. :lol:

That makes me think i should start self censoring. Anyway, the thought of having conversations with "everyday Iranians" with anti-American propaganda all around is intriguing.

Can you go a week without drinking? That's another challenge.

I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain about traveling to Iran that was posted here a month or so ago. Ever since then, looking at tour companies who sponsor trips to Iran (it's completely legal) I really want to go. What I am reading is how hospitable the locals are and the food looks fantastic. I don't mind traveling with a tour company, haven't done it in the past but for this occasion I'm more than comfortable and would probably prefer it.

This of course is not an endorsement of their government but a curiosity of their culture. A culture that we understand very little about.

So, question, would you go? Of course there are serious security issues at hand and the Iranian government isn't exactly an entity many would trust however more than anything they want to promote their country. To me it would be a trip of a lifetime, like going to the USSR in 1982.

Thoughts?
You will be red flagged and put on the government watch list for the rest of your life. That red flagging MIGHT mean auto listing you at the IRS for reviews. They MIGHT also interview your employer.

If your are in a job that requires a certain level of security clearance you MIGHT lose that clearance. You MIGHT even lose the ability to travel to other countries NOT friends with Iran such as Israel.

Travel there MIGHT void both your health insurance and life insurance.

That makes me think i should start self censoring. Anyway, the thought of having conversations with "everyday Iranians" with anti-American propaganda all around is intriguing.

If you pay my way, I will go a week without drinking masturbating AND telling raunchy jokes.

• Banned

Thoughts?
You will be red flagged and put on the government watch list for the rest of your life. That red flagging MIGHT mean auto listing you at the IRS for reviews. They MIGHT also interview your employer.

If your are in a job that requires a certain level of security clearance you MIGHT lose that clearance. You MIGHT even lose the ability to travel to other countries NOT friends with Iran such as Israel.

Travel there MIGHT void both your health insurance and life insurance.

I'm doubting most of this.

• Banned

If you pay my way, I will go a week without drinking masturbating AND telling raunchy jokes.

The jokes would be good. Do you know how to make toilet wine? That could be useful.

The jokes would be good. Do you know how to make toilet wine? That could be useful.
Buy my ticket and I will eat the ass from a goat.

Buy my ticket and I will eat the ass from a goat.

Hmm, let's focus on the emergency toilet wine and leave animal rectums for the Pollacks. <--(that's a joke).

Thoughts?

I don't care how beautiful the country is, or how good their food is, or even how hot their women look I would never support Iran by visiting it unless they got their act together.

Call your insurance agent and ask. Most insurance companies will NOT even cover your car if you drive into Mexico.

Medicare is only good if you are within 1000 miles of a U.S. border.
Call it will surprise you what you lose when you leave.

Thoughts?

I don't care how beautiful the country is, or how good their food is, or even how hot their women look I would never support Iran by visiting it unless they got their act together.

That's a fair point. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's going to matter much financially.

Call your insurance agent and ask. Most insurance companies will NOT even cover your car if you drive into Mexico.

Medicare is only good if you are within 1000 miles of a U.S. border.
Call it will surprise you what you lose when you leave.

I can buy insurance. Either independently or through the credit card I use for travel.

Forum List

Back