Iran...Uhhh yeah...right

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    With the rhetoric against Iran from the Bush administration growing ever more bellicose, it would behoove him and his handlers to pay close attention to the realpolitik of any actio against Iran.

China is about to ink a <a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3970855.stm>$70 billion deal</a> to develope oil fields in Iran. Since China is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, any attempt to garner support for sanctions against Iran will fail. Venezuela is already in the process of diverting some of its production away from US markets and to <a href=http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200501/s1291927.htm>Chinese markets</a>. THis has the effect of limiting US leverage with oil producers as there now exist large, hungry oil markets elsewhere in the world

Europe is unlikely to provide any support for military action against Iran, and the US will be left pretty much to it's own devices. Unless, of course, you count whatever third world banana republics Dubbyuh's administration blackmails into supporting the venture.

Pursuing military action in Iran will effectively isolate America from the rest of the world and risk destabilizing not only the US economy, but also economies the world over, making the Great Depression look like a Sunday school picnic. Accompanying such an event would be a wave of terrorists activity before which all others pale in comparison. But Dubbyuh doesn't think in such terms. He only thinks in terms of his own infallibility and self-appointed mission for God. So, he will foolishly go where angels fear to tread.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Go back to bed, Bully---your having that bad dream again.

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    While the military option is always on the table, I have yet to see anywhere that the current administration is pushing for it.

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

What - the one where anyone, anywhere, gives a shit what he has to say?

5. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Well, if you don't give a shit why do you bother to read what I post? Take your meds and go back to bed...we'll all be better off for it.

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    So if less oil is flowing into America, I say we open up ANWR and start drilling more of our own!

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

I don't. Just seeing your name on a post tells me everything I need to know. It's almost got a "Hallmark" ring to it:

If it's posted by Bullypulpit

Retardation is the culprit!

8. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

The fact is the Administration is suggesting that we would provide help for people that would wish to overthrow the current Iranian Administration for Western style democracy rather than ourselves going into Iran. Bush made this clear in several of his speeches, he necessarily couched it in diplomatic terms but it is clear what his intentions are.

This is one of the reasons that I believe that Iraq wasn't about WMD ever, it was always about surrounding Iran with what are seen as Democracies on all sides and thus hoping to influence Civil unrest with the Majority of those who have been calling for just such Government in Iran.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Its always support for anybody else but America, he Bully?

More proof of the fact that you are an enemy of the constitution and terrorist sympathizer. Hopefully the FBI will interrogate you.