Iran Replaces US Dollar with the Euro in Oil Sales

So what? They still use the exchange rate based on the US Dollar. OPEC still trades in Dollars.

Who cares. The U.S. is in an excellent position, now able to have the upper hand in controlling oil prices, driving prices down to put serious pressure on Iran, Russia, Venezuela etc. all while helping the average American to keep more of their paycheck. This is an exceptionally important advantage.
I guess for some, it's more important to engage in Trump-style knee jerk reaction rather than actually understanding the issues and celebrating what's right with America.

Who cares. The U.S. is in an excellent position, now able to have the upper hand in controlling oil prices, driving prices down to put serious pressure on Iran, Russia, Venezuela etc. all while helping the average American to keep more of their paycheck.
I guess for some, it's more important to engage in Trump-style knee jerk reaction rather than actually understanding the issues.

We don't control oil prices

Who cares. The U.S. is in an excellent position, now able to have the upper hand in controlling oil prices, driving prices down to put serious pressure on Iran, Russia, Venezuela etc. all while helping the average American to keep more of their paycheck. This is an exceptionally important advantage.
I guess for some, it's more important to engage in Trump-style knee jerk reaction rather than actually understanding the issues and celebrating what's right with America.

Well we still have to import around 9 million barrels a day. So energy independence is just as far away as is was in President Carters day. Def. been reduced quite a bit during President Obama's terms esp. from the ME countries.

U.S. Imports of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels per Day)

Well we still have to import around 9 million barrels a day. So energy independence is just as far away as is was in President Carters day. Def. been reduced quite a bit during President Obama's terms esp. from the ME countries.

it could be 0 if not for the eviro-leftist nutjobs

Although the federal government heavily regulates the exploration and production process through laws like the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, etc, the federal government doesn’t control land owned by states or individuals. The point being, a fair way to judge the Obama administration’s stance towards oil and natural gas is to compare federal production to state and private land production.

According to the CRS report, oil production on federal lands actually fell 6 percent between 2009 and 2013. Over the same period of time, oil production increased by an astounding 61 percent on state and private lands. The decrease in federal production is not insubstantial but requires context in the form of state and private production numbers. As a result of these massive gains, crude oil production on state and private lands has risen by 2.1 million barrels per day. That increase alone is more than Algeria, Libya, Qatar, and Norway produce– all countries with storied oil reputations – and explains why the U.S. is on track to be the world’s largest oil producer.

Touting natural gas during this year’s State of the Union, President Obama said, “America is closer to energy independence than we’ve been in decades. One of the reasons why is natural gas – if extracted safely, it’s the bridge fuel that can power our economy.” Speaking at Georgetown University, the president again reaffirmed his supposed support for natural gas, “And today, we produce more natural gas than anybody else. So we’re producing energy. And these advances have grown our economy, they’ve created new jobs, they can’t be shipped overseas.”

Unfortunately, these words amount to nothing more than lip service. Natural gas production on federal lands decreased by an astounding 28 percent from 2009 to 2013 while natural gas production on non-federal lands increased by 33 percent from 2009 to 2013. Actions speak louder than words.

Obama Stymies Oil and Natural Gas Production on Federal Lands

Yeah, we were headed in the right direction. But our 'Good Friends' the Saudis have worked very hard to put American producers out of business. So we are still far way from energy independence. You're Spot On.

Yeah, we were headed in the right direction. But our 'Good Friends' the Saudis have worked very hard to put American producers out of business. So we are still far way from energy independence. You're Spot On.
We are headed in the right direction on private lands, in spite of people like Obama, lets get it straight.:thup:

Reagan wanted Qaddafi dead, so Oblama had him killed...
I wonder if Obama will convert this 1.7 billion in tax payer money to euros when he gives it to Iran?:dunno:

Congress Moves to Block Payment to Iran of $1.7 Billion in Taxpayer Funds

The funds that are being transferred back to Iran are not taxpayer funds. They were Iranian funds and assets seized by the United States when sanctions were imposed.
Do you people read?..... interest paid for by American tax payers

The United States is to repay Iran a $400 million debt and $1.3 billion in interest dating to the Islamic revolution, Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday.

US to pay Iran $1.7 bn in debt and interest: Kerry
Because our govt. blew that wad and wants the tax payer to pay it, yet again....

We are headed in the right direction on private lands, in spite of people like Obama, lets get it straight.:thup:
As it should be in a capitalist nation..

The federal government shouldn't own all this land. In some cases almost the entire state is owned my the federal government:uhh:

1280px-Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg

Last edited:

The federal government shouldn't own all this land. In some cases almost the entire state is own my the federal government:uhh:

Whether they should or should not is a good question, yet the founders wrote the laws on land and the US has been doing it since 1781..

But it's destroying the U.S. oil companies.

Small companies and it's only temporary ,fracking will get cheaper, Oil prices will go back up eventually.

The federal government shouldn't own all this land. In some cases almost the entire state is own my the federal government:uhh:

Whether they should or should not is a good question, yet the founders wrote the laws on land and the US has been doing it since 1781..

The founders would be horrified at the size and power of the federal government.

The founders would be horrified at the size and power of the federal government.
I don't know if they'd be horrified, probably perplexed...

Small companies and it's only temporary ,fracking will get cheaper, Oil prices will go back up eventually.

Oh I know it will.
I've spent my whole life in the oil industry and have seen the ups and downs.
It really kills all the machine shops,tool companies,trucking companies and the associated businesses that support the oil industry.

Oh I know it will.
I've spent my whole life in the oil industry and have seen the ups and downs.
It really kills all the machine shops,tool companies,trucking companies and the associated businesses that support the oil industry.
The leftist prefer a raise in the minimum wage of McDonald's workers:uhoh3:

How much have they increased their production so far?

Forum List

Back