Iran: Protest planned for Monday

This system won't be kicked-out by developments like in Tahrir-Square.
The pro-Government folks would fill multiple Tahrir-Squares if they went to the streets.
The western media was very underhanded when reporting the recent protests in Iran.

They only showed the anti-government crowds to the western viewing audience.

Yet, there were also huge pro-government marches that were several times larger.

That were basically ignored by the media.

Typical of the western nations style of reporting.

Just report what you think the people want to see and hear.

And make sure it fits the zionist agenda of the networks owner. :doubt:

This system won't be kicked-out by developments like in Tahrir-Square.
The pro-Government folks would fill multiple Tahrir-Squares if they went to the streets.
The western media was very underhanded when reporting the recent protests in Iran.

They only showed the anti-government crowds to the western viewing audience.

Yet, there were also huge pro-government marches that were several times larger.

That were basically ignored by the media.

Typical of the western nations style of reporting.

Just report what you think the people want to see and hear.

And make sure it fits the zionist agenda of the networks owner. :doubt:
yeah, get your tin foil hats out

Iran, much like the USA is a DIVIDED SOCIETY.

On one hand you have the educated and upper middle classes who long for a modern secular nation.

And in the hinterlands of Iran, you have the very religious faithbased anti-science, anti-intellectuals who support repressive government based on some goofy notions about GOD.

Sound vaguely familiar?

Now I know that some of you doubt that, but I'm willing to bet that I am the ONLY person here who works with IRANIANS currently living in Iran.

You guys think they hate AMERICANS?

You're wrong.

What they hate is their own religious fanatics who repress their own personal freedoms.

I'm telling yas, without the propaganda value that our own foreign policies give the Mullahs (they're playing the FEAR CARD) , I doubt their current government would last a year.

We ought to be working with Iranians, instead of demonizing them.

Of all the Islamic world, Iran probably has more citizens ready to join the modern secular world than any other nation... with the obvious exception of Turkey.

Last edited:
I'm all for Iran having protests, whether they are pro or anti government.

The more of them they kill themselves, the fewer the civilized world has to deal with.

On one hand you have the educated and upper middle classes who long for a modern secular nation.

And in the hinterlands of Iran, you have the very religious faithbased anti-science, anti-intellectuals who support repressive government based on some goofy notions about GOD.

Sound vaguely familiar?

Now I know that some of you doubt that, but I'm willing to bet that I am the ONLY person here who works with IRANIANS currently living in Iran.

You're wrong.

What they hate is their own religious fanatics who repress their own personal freedoms.

I'm telling yas, with the propaganda value that our own foreign policies give the Mullahs, I doubt their current government would last a year.

We ought to be working with Iran, instead of demonizing that place.

Of all the Islamic world, Iran probably has more citizens ready to join the modern secular world than any other nation with the obvious exception of Turkey.
thats partially because prior to the 1979 revolution, Iran was headed towards a modern western style country

The best thing we could do in Iran is to open it to travel and tourism. Open our educational institutions to Iranians.

Isolation breeds extremism.

the mullahs have denied them a 'permit' for the protest and said they will deal with it harshly.

we'll see if in fact it goes off and if it does how big it is....the size of the crowds will be an early indicator. IF they are small in comparison to the green marches, this can only mean the gov. has succeeded in intimidating that portion of the populace that really wants a change.

And sunni man does have a point; there were marches by many large marches by counter prostates , oops I mean protesters who sppt. the theocracy.

Sound vaguely familiar?

You're wrong.

I'm telling yas, with the propaganda value that our own foreign policies give the Mullahs, I doubt their current government would last a year.

Of all the Islamic world, Iran probably has more citizens ready to join the modern secular world than any other nation with the obvious exception of Turkey.
thats partially because prior to the 1979 revolution, Iran was headed towards a modern western style country

Except for the fact that the USA had installed a tryrannical monarchy in the early 1950s, you mean?

Do you know WHY we did that?

Sound vaguely familiar?

You're wrong.

Except for the fact that the USA had installed a tryrannical monarchy in the early 1950s, you mean?

Sure, after we installed the Shah our oil companies were in business.

The best thing we could do in Iran is to open it to travel and tourism. Open our educational institutions to Iranians.

I went to university with a LOT of Iranians in the late 70s.

They were, of course, mostly the children of the insiders of the Shah's regime.

I liked them though. First of all they nearly spoke better English than most of us did, and most of them were thoughly westernized in their tastes and attitudes.

I often wonder what happened to a lot of them.

They were richer than hell while we were going to school, but then when the Shah fell, that gravy train stopping running past their door.

I doubt many of them went back to Iran.

They tended to study engineering, business or medicine, so I expect most of them are probably doing alright here,

Last edited:

I went to university with a LOT of Iranians in the late 70s.

They were, of course, mostly the children of the insiders of the Shah's regime.

I liked them though. First of all they nearly spoke better English than most of us did, and most of them were thoughly westernized in their tastes and attitudes.

I often wonder what happened to a lot of them.

They were richer than hell while we were going to school, but then when the Shah fell, that gravy train stopping running past their door.

I doubt many of them went back to Iran.

They tended to study engineering, business or medicine, so I expect most of them are probably doing alright here,

It makes you wonder what Iran would be like if we had not had the coup in 1953.

Sound vaguely familiar?

You're wrong.

we did no such thing
the Shah was ALREADY Shah

Dey gonna kill off the protest leaders...
:eek:
US backs Iran protests; Iranian lawmakers want opposition leaders executed
February 15, 2011 - After a day of massive protests in Iran, Secretary of State Clinton affirmed US support for the antigovernment demonstrators while Iranian lawmakers called for opposition leaders' execution.
Washington came out strongly in support of antigovernment protests in Iran after a day of massive protests in Tehran Monday, part of the wave of antigovernment revolt sweeping across the Middle East. Thousands took to the streets in Tehran’s Asadi Square on Feb. 14, showing their solidarity with the Egyptian revolution, according to a BBC report. Police used tear gas and batons to dispel the protesters. One person was reportedly shot dead when the fighting broke out between antigovernment demonstrators and security forces, and dozens have been arrested. Demonstrations were also held in other Iranian cities, such as Isfahan, Mashhad, and Shiraz.

In Washington, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters that the United States stood behind the protesters in Iran. Mrs Clinton said they deserved to have "the same rights that they saw being played out in Egypt" and that Iran had to "open up" its political system. "What we see happening in Iran today is a testament to the courage of the Iranian people, and an indictment of the hypocrisy of the Iranian regime – a regime which over the last three weeks has constantly hailed what went on in Egypt," she said. "We are against violence and we would call to account the Iranian government that is once again using its security forces and resorting to violence to prevent the free expression of ideas from their own people."

There have not been statements so directly in support of antigovernment demonstrators in other countries rocked by violent protests, such as Jordan, Bahrain, and Yemen, though US officials flew to Jordan Monday to reassure King Abdullah II of their continued support, the Washington Post reported.

Iran responded to Clinton’s comments today: Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said events in the Middle East have “confused” the US because the changes in the regions were blows to world powers and Israel, according to Xinhua news. Staunch pro-government Iranian lawmakers on Tuesday called for Iranian opposition leaders to be tried and put to death, according to the Associated Press. More than 220 lawmakers issued a statement saying that opposition leaders Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mahdi Karroubi and former reformist President Mohammad Khatami should be held responsible for the current antigovernment uprising. "We believe the people have lost their patience and demand capital punishment" for the opposition leaders, the statement said.

Current protests in Iran are the largest in the country since the massive protests in 2009 following the disputed presidential election, which President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed to win.

Source

I filly expect that the good people in Iran will have their own civil uprisings against their MULLAH driven regime soon, too.

Assuming, of course, the West doesn't make the mistake of invading that nation.
the sad thing is, those Mullahs wont have a problem having them shot
unlike those in Egypt
the military refused to do it
^^^^ i guess i called it

I hope the whole country is bathed in blood. Maybe then the people of iran can win back their country and recognize the mistake of putting religious terrorists nut cases in charge.

I really dont care if they are slaughtered by the millions...so long as we stay the hell out of it!

AND this time hopefully do it right!

I hope the whole country is bathed in blood. Maybe then the people of iran can win back their country and recognize the mistake of putting religious terrorists nut cases in charge.

I really dont care if they are slaughtered by the millions...so long as we stay the hell out of it!

lets hope it doesnt have to go that far to get the needed results

It will. They will be going against the will of the government and allah. Therefore they must die.

It will. They will be going against the will of the government and allah. Therefore they must die.

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back