Iran Placing Medium-Range Missiles in Venezuela; Can Reach the U.S

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
"Venezuela has agreed to allow Iran to establish a military base manned by Iranian missile officers, soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Venezuelan missile officers. In addition, Iran has given permission for the missiles to be used in case of an "emergency". In return, the agreement states that Venezuela can use these facilities for "national needs" – radically increasing the threat to neighbors like Colombia. ....claims that according to the agreement, Iranian Shahab 3 (range 1300-1500 km), Scud-B (285-330 km) and Scud-C (300, 500 and 700 km) will be deployed in the proposed base. It says that Iran also pledged to help Venezuela in rocket technology expertise, including intensive training of officers."

Iran Placing Medium-Range Missiles in Venezuela; Can Reach the U.S. :: Hudson New York

"The situation that is unfolding in Venezuela has some resemblance to the Cuba crisis of 1962. At that time, Cuba was acting on behalf of the USSR; now Venezuela is acting on behalf of Iran. At present, the geopolitical situation is very different: the world is no longer ruled by two superpowers; new nations, often with questionable leaders and the ambition of acquiring global status, are appearing on the international scene. Their danger to the free world will be greater if the process of nuclear proliferation is not stopped. Among the nations that aspire to become world powers, Iran has certainly the best capabilities of posing a challenge to the West.

Back in the 1962, thanks to the stern stance adopted by the then Kennedy administration, the crisis was defused

Nowadays, however, we do not see the same firmness from the present administration. On the contrary, we see a lax attitude, both in language and in deeds, that results in extending hands when our adversaries have no intention of shaking hands with us. Iran is soon going to have a nuclear weapon, and there are no signs that UN sanctions will in any way deter the Ayatollah's regime from completing its nuclear program. We know that Iran already has missiles that can carry an atomic warhead over Israel and over the Arabian Peninsula. Now we learn that Iran is planning to build a missile base close to the US borders. How longer do we have to wait before the Obama administration begins to understand threats?"

When Obama goes, so goes his apathy...

What I call cowardice... We see it in how he gave in to the Republicans over his lamented tax cuts to the very rich.

He's as useless as teats on the proverbial bore.

I await 2015...

I'm officially changing my mind/position; pull all or damn near all troops outta Iraq NOW, to be readied for Iranian liberation/neutralization ASAP.

The threat is real, present, and still festering, this is also just more evidence that that Latino Hitler needs to be dealt with, he's clearly the biggest threat to our national security in this hemisphere.

I'm officially changing my mind/position; pull all or damn near all troops outta Iraq NOW, to be readied for Iranian liberation/neutralization ASAP.

The threat is real, present, and still festering, this is also just more evidence that that Latino Hitler needs to be dealt with, he's clearly the biggest threat to our national security in this hemisphere.

But we've always been at war with Oceania.........

This is clearly the biggest threat to our national security since 9/11, which was also the last time I was this pissed off and concerned bout this issue.

Ball in your court Obama.....

Assuming this OPED is true, which is a stretch, why is war the first answer or even a consideration?

In fact, why do we have to resort to violence?

For fuck's sake, I'll never get why people in this country are so paranoid.

It's like the biggest kid on the block being scared of his own shadow.

Hopefully, the guy running the show now will show some frigging common sense before launching another fucked up "preventive war".

[QUOTE said:
Assuming this OPED is true, which is a stretch, why is war the first answer or even a consideration?
Cuz diplomacy with those nuts has failed time and time again, they only pretend to talk with us to buy time, you seriously that blind?

In fact, why do we have to resort to violence?
Refer to above.

For fuck's sake, I'll never get why people in this country are so paranoid.
Refer to above again....

It's like the biggest kid on the block being scared of his own shadow.
That shadow wasn't run by apocalypse obsessed Islamofascists rabidly chasing nuke tech. while calling for our "vanishing"

Hopefully, the guy running the show now will show some frigging common sense before launching another fucked up "preventive war".
Yes! Freedom from dictators be dammed! Lets tie more up and push em off buildings while we gas their relatives.

You're sickening.

Some "security circles" also found some Yellowcake in Niger some years ago.

It's like the Roadrunner and Coyote.
The roadrunner in this case were the mobile WMD-laboratories and the missiles which could be launched within 45 minutes.
The Coyote (USA) never could catch them.

80932big.jpg

Forum List

Back