Iran One Step Closer To Precipice

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Not that the college crowd, with perhaps an exception for Avatar and the younger, Semper Fi will recognize the references to the Iranian Revolution, but it looks like this guy should know, it appears he was in the thick of things with the hostages after he quit school and took to the mosque:

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/098882.php

Links and pictures at site:

Iran Focus:

The identity of Ahmadinejad in the photograph was revealed to Iran Focus by a source in Tehran, whose identity could not be revealed for fear of persecution.

Some are questioning the authenticity of the photos, saying that they are photoshopped. However, given the fact that they are from multiple sources and that multiple biographies of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad all claim he was a leader in the group that masterminded the hostage takings, these gainsayers' objections should be dismissed.

Who is Ahmadinejad? Iran Focus:

After finishing high school, Ahmadinejad went to Elm-o Sanaat University in 1975 to study engineering. Soon the whirlwind of Islamic revolution led by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini swept him from the classroom to the mosque and he joined a generation of firebrand Islamic fundamentalists dedicated to the cause of an Islamic world revolution.

Student activists in Elm-o Sanaat University at the time of the Iranian revolution were dominated by ultra-conservative Islamic fundamentalists. Ahmadinejad soon became one of their leaders and founded the Islamic Students Association in that university after the fall of the Shah’s regime.

In 1979, he became the representative of Elm-o Sanaat students in the Office for Strengthening of Unity Between Universities and Theological Seminaries, which later became known as the OSU. The OSU was set up by Ayatollah Mohammad Beheshti, who was at the time Khomeini’s top confidant and a key figure in the clerical leadership. Beheshti wanted the OSU to organise Islamist students to counter the rapidly rising influence of the opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MeK) among university students.

The OSU played a central role in the seizure of the United States embassy in Tehran in November 1979. Members of the OSU central council, who included Ahmadinejad as well as Ibrahim Asgharzadeh, Mohsen (Mahmoud) Mirdamadi, Mohsen Kadivar, Mohsen Aghajari, and Abbas Abdi, were regularly received by Khomeini himself....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-1674547,00.html

and the new president, all grown up:

June 30, 2005

President invokes new Islamic wave
By Ramita Navai in Tehran
IRAN’S ultra-conservative President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, threw down a challenge to the West yesterday by declaring that his election victory marked the dawn of a new Islamic revolution that would spread around the world.

“Thanks to the blood of the martyrs, a new Islamic revolution has arisen and the Islamic revolution of 1384 [the current Iranian year] will, if God wills, cut off the roots of injustice in the world,” he said. “The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the entire world.”​

His fiery language shows that he has not lost the revolutionary ardour that propelled him into politics as a young Basij Islamic militia volunteer who had fought in the Iran-Iraq war. It is also reminiscent of the rhetoric of Ayatollah Khomenei, the architect of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, and is likely to sound alarm bells in the West, afraid that his victory could signal a return to post-revolutionary fundamentalism.

President Ahmadinejad has a reputation for defiant outbursts extolling Islamic values. But analysts say that he is stepping outside the confines of his role as President, as such rhetoric is the privilege of Iran’s spiritual Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khamenei. As Mayor of Tehran, he was reprimanded by the Supreme Leader for a similar speech.

“He needs to be put in check by the Supreme Leader, who will make it quite clear that, if anyone’s going to talk about exporting Islam, it’s the Supreme Leader and not the President,” one veteran analyst said.

President Ahmadinejad’s win has given the ideological Right renewed confidence and, most importantly, absolute power. Analysts fear that the country is now a step closer towards a dictatorship.

President Ahmadinejad’s win has given the ideological Right renewed confidence and, most importantly, absolute power. Analysts fear that the country is now a step closer towards a dictatorship.
The election was a sham. How much closer to dictatorship can a nation get when thousands, including all women, are disqualified from running for political office? Iran is the number one exporter of terror in the world. Hezbollah is Iran's murderous offspring. Imagine what it will be like if we do not stand up to the mullahs and prevent the Islamic religious extremists from obtaining nuclear weapons.

After the candidate selection was rigged by the mullahs, the Iranian people apparently elected a known terrorist from the list of approved candidates for president. People who were taken hostage in 1979 in Teheran at the American Embassy say that Iranian President-elect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was one of the criminals involved. Legally, that crime occurred on American soil (embassy property). Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should be tried, and if guilty, convicted in absentia, and a warrant issued for his arrest. Of course the wimps in the US State Department would be horrified by such an idea.

Former Hostages Allege Iran's New President Was Captor
Thursday, June 30, 2005 Posted: 1638 GMT (0038 HKT)

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/06/30/iran.president/

story.split.iran.pres.jpg

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is shown in a 1979 photo from his Web site, left, and in a June 2005 photo.

Manage Alerts | What Is This? NEW YORK (CNN) -- A quarter-century after their 444-day ordeal at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, several former hostages say Iran's hardline president-elect, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was one of their captors.

"As soon as I saw the face, it rang a lot of bells to me," Don Sharer, of Bedford, Indiana, told CNN. He had served as the embassy's naval attache when the hostage-taking occurred.

"...Take 20 years off of him. He was there. He was there in the background, more like an adviser."

The November 4, 1979, embassy takeover followed protests demanding that the United States return the shah to Tehran for trial. He had been overthrown by the Islamic revolution 11 months prior and was receiving cancer treatment in New York at the time.

The embassy seizure resulted in a botched rescue mission that left eight U.S. soldiers dead and the severance of U.S.-Iranian ties ever since.

The Associated Press reports the White House is taking the allegations seriously.

"I think the news reports and statements from several former American hostages raise many questions about his past," White House press secretary Scott McClellan told the AP. "We take them very seriously and we are looking into them to better understand the facts."

"I saw his picture in the Washington Post on Saturday morning, recognized it immediately and then sent an e-mail out to some of my former colleagues ... telling them what I thought and seeing what kind of responses they might have to it," said William Daugherty, a former CIA officer who now lives in Savannah, Georgia.

Iranian officials deny Ahmadinejad took part, and members of the student group involved in the takeover -- some of whom now support reformist President Mohammed Khatami -- told CNN that Ahmadinejad was not part of it.

The AP, in its archives, has a series of photographs showing a student hostage-taker that some of the former hostages believe to be Ahmadinejad.

But Iranian officials deny it, and, while there is a resemblance, that resemblance is not definitive.

Ahmadinejad's official biography says that as a student at the University of Science and Technology, he was a member of the Office for Strengthening Unity, the student organization that planned the takeover.

Ahmadinejad joined the Revolutionary Guards in 1980 and served in the Iran-Iraq war.

Daugherty said he remembers "seeing him acting in a supervisory or leadership capacity during the first ... 2 1/2 weeks (but) on the 19th day, I was moved into solitary confinement and had limited contact with even my Iranian guards after that."

Sharer said he was 99 percent sure Ahmadinejad was involved.

"In one incident he just called (Army attache Col. Charles Scott) pigs and dogs and we deserved to be locked up forever," he said. "When you're placed in a life-threatening situation of that nature, you just remember those things."

The AP reports that one person who did not recognize Ahmadinejad as a captor was senior defense attache at the time, Col. Tom Schaefer. The AP reported him being more concerned about the return to power of hardliners in Iran than by the thought Ahmadinejad might have been a hostage-taker.

Asked about Schaefer's recollections, Daugherty and Sharer said memory works different ways for different people.

"We were all in different circumstances," Daugherty said. "We were exposed to some of the Iranians more than others. So, you know, if Tom was actually quoted correctly in saying he didn't remember, again that's not the same thing as the guy not being there."

The hostage crisis ended after intense negotiations. Minutes after Ronald Reagan was sworn in as U.S. president on January 20, 1981, the 52 hostages were released.

taking in 1979 then Iran is on the precipice allright. A precipice wherein US bombs start falling on the sons-of-bitches heads. This is enough, I think, to convince most Americans that it's high time an ultimatum was made to Tehran. Stop the nuke program or else. Make it clear to these bastards, that we owe a major ass-kicking, that if they continue we will begin attacks. Nothing would make myself and millions of other Americans happier than to see parts of that terrorist supporting, terrorist training, terrorist homeland, blown to bits. This is really the last card that had to fall into place to give President Bush the green light to put the screws to Iran.

The same man that referred to the American hostages as "dogs".
And now he runs a country in the process of making nuclear bombs. That's WONDERFUL!!!

Bonnie said:
The same man that referred to the American hostages as "dogs".
And now he runs a country in the process of making nuclear bombs. That's WONDERFUL!!!

At least Iran is finally open about who they really are--the clerics will tell everyone how to act anyway and I doubt anything will change. May even turn out to be good PR for the wests campaign against the Iranian nuke program.

dilloduck said:
At least Iran is finally open about who they really are--the clerics will tell everyone how to act anyway and I doubt anything will change. May even turn out to be good PR for the wests campaign against the Iranian nuke program.

I hope so but I see the Libs endless push for dialog menawhile if Israel gets hit first they'll say well it's none of our busniess.........

I really thought the youngsters there were ready for a revolution, I guess there was still to much coercion at the voting booth?? :huh:

Bonnie said:
I hope so but I see the Libs endless push for dialog menawhile if Israel gets hit first they'll say well it's none of our busniess.........

I really thought the youngsters there were ready for a revolution, I guess there was still to much coercion at the voting booth?? :huh:

Unfortunately I don't think America in general will stand for any further agression against terrorist sponsoring countries--Iran or others. I would be personally shocked if Israel got hit before they hit Iran but until the libs are in power,ANYTHING the administration does will be condemned and all Arab agression will always be blamed on the right. I see no point whatsoever to try to defend or condemn current foreign policy. We seem to be headed in one direcion--do or die.

Bonnie said:
Im wondering did any of these former hostages come foward before this election or were they largely ignored till now??

I don't really know. From what I've heard, they saw the pics and that's when it hit.

Kathianne said:
Not that the college crowd, with perhaps an exception for Avatar and the younger, Semper Fi will recognize the references to the Iranian Revolution, but it looks like this guy should know, it appears he was in the thick of things with the hostages after he quit school and took to the mosque:

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/098882.php

Links and pictures at site:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-1674547,00.html

and the new president, all grown up:

Where's Ronald Reagan when we need him? It's time to start bombing ......

GunnyL said:
Where's Ronald Reagan when we need him? It's time to start bombing ......

I think you'll be proved correct! :salute:

Yes, I do believe you are right. The blood and death enthusiasts you brought you the invasion of Iraq are now building their case for yet another needless Carnage of Souls.
"Evil people! Nukes! WMD! Puppy slaughter!"

Too bad the U.S. didn't take care of them at the time of the U.S, embassy takeover. Instead, Cowboy Ronnie traded a ton of armaments in exchange for the hostages. Of course, that was also a time when we sent tons of military apparatus to Iraq, since they were our friends at the time.
Later, when we decided we didn't like Iraq, Iran was considered more moderate.

I think I read about all this in high school. In a book called "1984."

Gabriella84 said:
Yes, I do believe you are right. The blood and death enthusiasts you brought you the invasion of Iraq are now building their case for yet another needless Carnage of Souls.

Too bad the U.S. didn't take care of them at the time of the U.S, embassy takeover. Instead, Cowboy Ronnie traded a ton of armaments in exchange for the hostages. Of course, that was also a time when we sent tons of military apparatus to Iraq, since they were our friends at the time.

You need to get a grip. Before your young butt was born, a Democrat President allowed Iran to embarrass this Nation and when he finally did do something, he found out the military he had been neglecting was falling apart.

Iran is far more dangerous than any other enemy we currently face .... well, except for the DNC.

Gabriella84 said:

"She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none, that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it out to her." 1984 - George Orwell

onedomino said:
"She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none, that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it out to her." 1984 - George Orwell

:rotflmao:

I'm curious Gabby, can you tell me the year 1984 was written and who was the antogonist?

Not off the top of my head. But I did enjoy 1984, Brave New World and Animal Farm as involving books.

Forum List

Back