Iran names street after Rachel Corrie

Urbanguerrilla

Silver Member
Aug 27, 2010
Tehran city council has named a street after an American activist who was crushed to death by an Israeli military bulldozer in the Gaza Strip in 2003, a local newspaper has reported.

The report in the Hamshahri, a daily affiliated with Tehran's authorities, said the council has named the street Rachel Aliene Corrie. It said the sign would be placed in the city centre, but did not say when it would be displayed.

Iran names street after Rachel Corrie | World news | The Guardian

Rachel-Corrie-007.jpg

Tehran city council has named a street after an American activist who was crushed to death by an Israeli military bulldozer in the Gaza Strip in 2003, a local newspaper has reported.

The report in the Hamshahri, a daily affiliated with Tehran's authorities, said the council has named the street Rachel Aliene Corrie. It said the sign would be placed in the city centre, but did not say when it would be displayed.

Iran names street after Rachel Corrie | World news | The Guardian

Rachel-Corrie-007.jpg

Urbanguerrilla,

And I read from the article:

"The decision marked the first time an Iranian street has been named after a US national since the 1979 Islamic revolution that ousted the pro-west shah Muhammad Reza Pahlavi."

People of conscience in this world, like Rachel Corrie, who make the ultimate sacrifice of their lives, out of love for others, certainly are deserving of having streets named after them.

This action says good things about Iranians, some Iranians, at least.

Do you happen to know of streets in other places named after Rachel Corrie?

Sherri

good idea----rachel corrie advocated the murder of infants-----there are many streets and schools named in honor of murderers of infants--_SPECIFICALLY in honor of the murders in muslim countries Poor rachel stepped in the way of a bulldozer-----and never achieved her goal -------well---it's the thought that counts Maybe some school for little girs will be named for her too-------so far at least THREE have been named for bomb on ass murderess Wafa Idris

good idea----rachel corrie advocated the murder of infants-----there are many streets and schools named in honor of murderers of infants--_SPECIFICALLY in honor of the murders in muslim countries Poor rachel stepped in the way of a bulldozer-----and never achieved her goal -------well---it's the thought that counts Maybe some school for little girs will be named for her too-------so far at least THREE have been named for bomb on ass murderess Wafa Idris

irosie,

You do not know truth, you are filled with lies and hate for all Gentiles in our world, like Rachel Corrie, and cannot get over your I Am The Chosen People sickness and Idol worship of the modern day State of Israel.

Rachel Corrie was filled with humanity and she gave up her life for love for others, and streets should be named after her in every city and nation, and I expect they some day will be.

Sherri

irosie,

You do not know truth, you are filled with lies and hate for all Gentiles in our world, like Rachel Corrie, and cannot get over your I Am The Chosen People sickness and Idol worship of the modern day State of Israel.

Rachel Corrie was filled with humanity and she gave up her life for love for others, and
streets should be named after her in every city and nation, and I expect they some day will be.

Sherri

There may very well be lots of people who admire rachel corrie----if
you step into a hospital prison ward for the criminally insane------you can
find people who actually try to dress themselves up to look like
ADOLF ABU ALI HITLER I am not suggesting that rachel corrie
reached the level of adolf-----but she was in no way a heroine ---she was
an addled young woman ------very carelessly died in an accident

in a sleazy flea market------that existed in a nazi area of the USA
that I visited a few times-----the biggest SELLING items were
nazi war things like their medals, flags etc etc
There is lots of depravity in the world

Rachel Corrie? The retarded girl who stood in front of massive bulldozer and got crushed ?? Dumb bitch protecting terrorist houses !

Forum List

Back