Iran Loves its Jews???

It's not unique with Muslim theology.

You forget about the Dark Ages..and Kings like Charlemange? Or the 1930s and the Nazi Movement? Or the Christian Coalition?

Israel is a Jewish state..it's not secular.

Almost all religions seek some hand in governance.

My comments were directed (although not explicitly stated so), to the here and now. The Dark Ages, Charlemange, 1930s and the Nazi Movement and the Christian Coalition, at least in the West, are past tense. I can't really imagine a single North American or Western European nation deciding to implement a theocracy.

Speaking to the here and now, what Westerners are largely not taking away from the theocratic Crusades (falsely described as the “Arab Spring”) sweeping the Middle East is that fundamentalist islamist social mores and sharia are viewed as the preferred societal construct as opposed to Western values of equality under the law, separation of church and state, rule of law, and principles whereby the rights of the few are not usurped by the will of the majority. I just find it remarkable that Moslems by and large want to be ruled by fundamentalist Islamist regimes, this, in spite of their propensity for social inequities, economic malaise, denigration of religious / secular minorities and gender apartheid!

Try looking at the concept of "Separation of Church and State" as a Christian concept.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God, what is God's. Caesar has no Patent on Conscience. ;)

That never was a Christian concept.

Shortly after the fall of the Roman Empire..Christians ran governments.

Thus began the Dark Ages.

Marriage of religion and government; the blending of the two, is not unique to Iran but is consistent with islamist theology. That theology, such as it is, is inseparable from its political program: suppression / oppression of all competing faiths and to make islam supreme over all people.

You forget about the Dark Ages..and Kings like Charlemange? Or the 1930s and the Nazi Movement? Or the Christian Coalition?

My comments were directed (although not explicitly stated so), to the here and now. The Dark Ages, Charlemange, 1930s and the Nazi Movement and the Christian Coalition, at least in the West, are past tense. I can't really imagine a single North American or Western European nation deciding to implement a theocracy.

Speaking to the here and now, what Westerners are largely not taking away from the theocratic Crusades (falsely described as the “Arab Spring”) sweeping the Middle East is that fundamentalist islamist social mores and sharia are viewed as the preferred societal construct as opposed to Western values of equality under the law, separation of church and state, rule of law, and principles whereby the rights of the few are not usurped by the will of the majority. I just find it remarkable that Moslems by and large want to be ruled by fundamentalist Islamist regimes, this, in spite of their propensity for social inequities, economic malaise, denigration of religious / secular minorities and gender apartheid!

You're kidding.

Right in our own back yard we have theocrats clamouring to take power..

Romney: Obama Wants to 'Establish a Religion Called Secularism' | Video Cafe

Back in the day when it was not unusual for advanced nations to meddle in the affairs of second and third world nations, any gov't which did not act in what was perceived to be the best interests of their country was invariably replaced by one which would. That isn't to say it was right but rather that it was the norm. You have the luxury of sitting back in your 21st century lounger and judging them harshly. I can't say to what extent Iran's revolution was anti-Shah vs. pro-Islamist but certainly the rise of Islamism, a search for their lost "golden age" upon which Muslims embark every 50 or 100 years, played a major role.

Actually..it is you that is judging without context.

It's fair to say that some elements of Middle East and the Muslim religion have become radicalized.

What's not fair..is to point out that is because the people are religion are somehow different and "evil".

This stuff didn't happen in a vacuum. There were triggers along the way.

And understanding that..would go a long way in dealing with some very real problems.

In fact, I'm the only one in this discourse using context. As I just told you, radical Islamism comes around every 50 or 100 years (and generally fades in about 20) and it's not necessarily a function of outside influences or actions. Despite your search for deeper more significant factors and reasons, it's really just that simple.

The same could be said of the top of the big three..Christianity..

The religion with the highest body count.

You're kidding.

Right in our own back yard we have theocrats clamouring to take power..

Romney: Obama Wants to 'Establish a Religion Called Secularism' | Video Cafe

There's not much to respond to. Secularism is not religion.

The video you linked to provides a definition as: "a system of political or social philosophy..."

See? It's not a religion.

Intense, that is an interesting article.

Unfortunately, upon looking at other parts of the site, I found another article which I regard as deeply disturbing, expressing conspiranutter BS hate speech. Where such vile filthy lies abound, it's too difficult for me to trust in the accuracy of their information on any other topic. Such conspiranuttery is the product of pathologically distorted world views. Without a great deal of study - which I don't care to do! - there is no knowing how far the pathology extends.

http://www.discoveringislam.org/terror_evil.htm:

Terror & Evil Forces
1. Islam & Terrorism Islam's position on Terrorism.
2. 9/11 & Terrorism Falsely blamed on Muslims. What happened on Sept. 11, 2001 ? Who did it ?
3. Victor Thorn identifies Zionist plotters of 9/11 on Texe Marrs Radio Show
4. Great Conspiracy a refreshing new look at 9/11
5. Ring of Power This is an excellent 5-hour documentary video that gives a new interpretation of World events and sheds light on the evil forces behind them, such as Zionists, FreeMasons, Illuminaties, etc. (Highly Recommended !)

Well said but that site isn't from Intense but rather from Roudy.

Forum List

Back