Iran Launches Stealth Sahand Destroyer As U.S. Tensions Rise

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Iran's navy on Saturday launched a domestically made destroyer, which state media said has radar-evading stealth properties, as tensions rise with arch-enemy, the United States.

In a ceremony carried live on state television, the Sahand destroyer -- which can sustain voyages lasting five months without resupply -- joined Iran's regular navy at a base in Bandar Abbas on the Gulf.

The Sahand has a flight deck for helicopters, torpedo launchers, anti-aircraft and anti-ship guns, surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles and electronic warfare capabilities, state television reported.
Iran launches stealth Sahand destroyer as U.S. tensions rise

Well, this got interesting pretty quickly.

Well if they decide to go postal could they locate it in a place that would be a good place for a fishing reef before we sink it..........

Iran's navy on Saturday launched a domestically made destroyer, which state media said has radar-evading stealth properties, as tensions rise with arch-enemy, the United States.

In a ceremony carried live on state television, the Sahand destroyer -- which can sustain voyages lasting five months without resupply -- joined Iran's regular navy at a base in Bandar Abbas on the Gulf.

The Sahand has a flight deck for helicopters, torpedo launchers, anti-aircraft and anti-ship guns, surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles and electronic warfare capabilities, state television reported.
Iran launches stealth Sahand destroyer as U.S. tensions rise

Well, this got interesting pretty quickly.
This is the new Iranian stealth destroyer. Just imagine what opposing navies have to fear from this subtle ship of the desert. When all eyes are on the handler, watch out "THEY SPIT"..

tracks-mia-camel-in-ocean.jpg

The destroyer doesnt give the impression of highly advanced weaponry. But nevertheless, it seems a good achievment for the Iranians to build such a ship by themselves.
If I remember correctly, the JCPOA allows Iran to buy weapons from abroad since 2020 or 2021. Hope this will allow them to boost their army and fleet further.

The destroyer doesnt give the impression of highly advanced weaponry. But nevertheless, it seems a good achievment for the Iranians to build such a ship by themselves.
If I remember correctly, the JCPOA allows Iran to buy weapons from abroad since 2020 or 2021. Hope this will allow them to boost their army and fleet further.
And why do you favor a stronger military for Iran............hmmmm

And why do you favor a stronger military for Iran............hmmmm
I respect Iran for its history and cultural influence.
Moreover, Iran is a natural enemy of oppressing and backward regime of the Saudis.

Idk about that "arch-enemy" thing.

I don't see it like that.

Iran was the first of many failed US "regime-changes".

Turns out their country is bigger than anticipated, and they don't appreciate it. Can't say I blame them.

They need to just stop with that "regime-change shit. It works as well as Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat.

Turns out their country is bigger than anticipated, and they don't appreciate it. Can't say I blame them.

They need to just stop with that "regime-change shit. It works as well as Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat.

What regime change do you mean? In 1953?

I remember that episode...Damn I am old....

What regime change do you mean? In 1953?

Yes.

Forum List

Back