Iran launches homegrown satellite

Shogun probably thinks the Steelers were wrong to triple cover Fitzgerald in the superbowl because he had every right to run downfield and try to catch a pass. :lol:

its not about them having a satelite
its them having the means to LAUNCH one

(hint: its the first step to an ICBM)

(Hint: duh)

However, we still have no authority to stop them from putting satellites into space, and I am still not all that worried.

There is at least one private company with launch capabilities. Arianespace - Service & Solutions

am I supposed to be afraid of them?

its not about them having a satelite
its them having the means to LAUNCH one

(hint: its the first step to an ICBM)

(Hint: duh)

However, we still have no authority to stop them from putting satellites into space, and I am still not all that worried.

There is at least one private company with launch capabilities. Arianespace - Service & Solutions

am I supposed to be afraid of them?
when they start showing the signs of suicidal tendencies, yes

We have enough nuclear capability to render earth's surface uninhabitable.

We can turn Iran into glass with CONVENTIONAL weaponry.

They can launch a glorified brick into space. Why should I be afraid of them again?

We have enough nuclear capability to render earth's surface uninhabitable.

We can turn Iran into glass with CONVENTIONAL weaponry.

They can launch a glorified brick into space. Why should I be afraid of them again?
who said you should be afraid of them?
just be aware of what they are seeking to do
and i would hope you wouldn't want to see millions die because of your lack of diligence

No of course you should not be afraid of Iran race to space!

Its not as if they are a state which sponsors terrorism or supplies advanced tech to terrorists in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Why should there ability to take another step towards launching nuks cause any concern, they are after all a a democratic forward looking state, aren't they?

Well aren't they?

Some reassurance at this point would give me a warm (non nuclear) feeling.

Launching a glorified brick into space is a far cry from having a nuke.

North Korea is closer to developing real nuclear arms than Iran is. They have already tested a weak (by nuclear standards) A-Bomb.

Why so much worry about Iran when North Korea is further along?

North Korea is closer to developing real nuclear arms than Iran is. They have already tested a weak (by nuclear standards) A-Bomb.

The conclusion you draw from the facts you cite really does boggle the mind.

Korea is a concern, a serious concern. But we missed the window of opportunity to take action while their program was still non-operational. Now we have to treat them differently since they are a legitimate nuclear threat. What you and many others suggest is that we repeat the same mistake with Iran. There is a word for that...stupidity.

Korea is a concern, a serious concern. But we missed the window of opportunity to take action while their program was still non-operational. Now we have to treat them differently since they are a legitimate nuclear threat. What you and many others suggest is that we repeat the same mistake with Iran. There is a word for that...stupidity.
mindboggling, isnt it?

btw, for all we know N Korea and Iran could be working together
it wouldnt be the first time
Iran developes the delivery vehicle and N Korea the nuke

Last edited:

They are not a legitimate threat and we have not missed the window of opportunity. The CIA classifies their nuclear test as a failure because the out put of their bomb was so weak. They are not even considered a nuclear state.

CIA says North Korea nuclear test a failure: report | International | Reuters

Last I heard North Korea had agreed to nuclear disarmament talks, which have been stalled several times. That said they are still further along than Iran. So until I see data suggesting that either NK has completely abandoned and dismantled their nuclear program, or data suggesting that Iran is actually making significant progress toward building a bomb, I will remain more worried about North Korea.

So next time you want to accuse me of stupidity please check your facts.

mindboggling, isnt it?

Indeed, it boggles my mind how no one bothers to look up the facts when it is so much easier to call someone stupid

Last edited:
Quite a few if they have the ability to launch one that far. However, we could probably achieve the same level of destruction with some of our more powerful conventional bombs.

Last edited:
Sorry being a newby I am not allowed to include quotes from other posters as yet.

I had not included North Korea into the satellite/potential ballistic missile testing scenario but since its been brought to the table. Historical evidence shows that the "satellite launch" cover has been used to disguise missile testing. We only have to look at the North Koreans launch in 1998 when a satellite delivery system landed in the sea between the Korean peninsula and Japan immediately after the launch. Weren't we all surprised when it turned out to be the precursor to the Taepodong-1 missile.

Yes I am concerned about the situation in Korea but, as they are not actively involved in supporting acts of terrorism against coalition forces on a daily basis, for the time being the closest crocodile next to the canoe remains Iran.

Forum List

Back