Iran is off the dollar now,hense the war we are starting there.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Just like afghanistan and Iraq when they got off the dollar,our war machine invaded and conqured their country and is doing the same with Iran now for same reason.

Just like afghanistan and Iraq when they got off the dollar,our war machine invaded and conqured their country and is doing the same with Iran now for same reason.
Not sure what you are getting at with Afghanistan because, well who cares in fact if the left in this country is to be believed the reason for going into Afghanistan was to use it as a springboard for going into Iraq, it was a daily rant.

You may want to look up the rest of what I am going to tel you as it is from memory:
As for Iran [and Iraq as well] they are opec members who are under *contract to accept only dollars for their oil [in the case of Iraq, France was on the verge of flipping Saddam and getting him to accept euro's and that was why we went in, to enforce that contract as opposed to leaving it in the hands of the world court r other member nations.

*contract = the contracts signed with opec members state that the contracts can only be broken if all parties involved agree to break it, this is referred to by some as eternity contracts, it is the same type of agreement we signed with Bautista in cuba and why castro could not tell us to leave guantanamo...it is sometime referred to as an "eternity contract"

In the case of opec and europe what we have is europeans forced to pay us for dollars to buy the their oil i.e. if europe wants oil it must pay more for dollars than they are worth on the open exchange markets and is probably the real reason they pay so much more for oil

Last edited:
Not sure what you are getting at with Afghanistan because, well who care in fact if the left in this country is to be believed the reason for going into Afghanistan was to use it as a springboard for going into Iraq, it was a daily rant.

You may want to look up the rest of what I am going to tel you as it is from memory:
As for Iran [and Iraq as well] they are opec members who are under *contract to accept only dollars for their oil [in the case of Iraq France was on the verge of flipping Saddam and getting him to accept euro's and that was why we went in, to enforce that contract as opposed to leaving it in the hands of the world court r other member nations.

*contract = the contracts signed with opec members state that the contracts can only be broken if all parties involved agree to break it, this is referred to by some as eternity contracts, it is the same type of agreement we signed with Bautista in cuba and why castro could not tell us to leave guantanamo...it is sometime referred to as an "eternity contract"

In the case of opec and europe what we have is europeans forced to pay us for dollars to buy the their oil i.e. if europe wants oil it must pay more for dollars than they are worth on the open exchange markets and is probably the real reason they pay so much more for oil
We were already in Iraq long before we were in Afghanistan..

Not sure what you are getting at with Afghanistan because, well who care in fact if the left in this country is to be believed the reason for going into Afghanistan was to use it as a springboard for going into Iraq, it was a daily rant.

As for Iran [and Iraq as well] they are opec members who are under *contract to accept only dollars for their oil [in the case of Iraq France was on the verge of flipping Saddam and getting him to accept euro's and that was why we went in, to enforce that contract as opposed to leaving it in the hands of the world court r other member nations.

Frank, can we hold countries to a contract when we are somewhat iffy in keeping our word. We had a contract with Iran, TPP, NAFTA, and I believe we signed a Global Warming agreement too. And now there is talk of not supporting NATO against Putin's designs on Estonia, and if it falls under Russian hegemony, Latvia and Lithuania are not far behind. I cite this as a possible reason for other countries whom we have offended repeatedly to not honor their OPEC agreement to transact in dollars. But I am not very knowledgeable about high finance, so is it possible we have driven our partner's good will away? Can the interested parties opt for another currency?

Frank, can we hold countries to a contract when we are somewhat iffy in keeping our word. We had a contract with Iran, TPP, NAFTA, and I believe we signed a Global Warming agreement too. And now there is talk of not supporting NATO against Putin's designs on Estonia, and if it falls under Russian hegemony, Latvia and Lithuania are not far behind. I cite this as a possible reason for other countries whom we have offended repeatedly to not honor their OPEC agreement to transact in dollars. But I am not very knowledgeable about high finance, so is it possible we have driven our partner's good will away? Can the interested parties opt for another currency?

I actually meant to mention this in my post but it was already getting long winded...Iran deal will be the only one comparable here...but that debate will just go on forever...I'm not sure what you mean by "interested parties" opec is an interested party under contract that cannot opt for another currency, europe is just as much an interested party not under the contract and can opt for any currency they like but opec nations can only accept dollars from them.

you say LATELY , iran has a lot to pay for [hostages] and they are 'shiite muslim' which are the worst types as they chant 'death to America' Marion . [plus more]

you say LATELY , iran has a lot to pay for [hostages] and they are 'shiite muslim' which are the worst types as they chant 'death to America' Marion . [plus more]

You do know we assassinated their leader and installed a puppet government there in 1953, no? Pretty sure that was the 1st of many, always-failed "regime changes".

Forum List

Back