Iran In December?

dilloduck said:
This must be why Clinton says N Korea is more dangerous.

LOL, they both strike me as very dangerous. To say the least!

I'm more inclined to be for a war in Iran than I was for a war in Iraq. The threat seems to be more in line with reality. However, if it is determined to be necessary to go to war with Iran, where exactly are we going to get the troops to do so?

MJDuncan1982 said:
I'm more inclined to be for a war in Iran than I was for a war in Iraq. The threat seems to be more in line with reality. However, if it is determined to be necessary to go to war with Iran, where exactly are we going to get the troops to do so?

We'll look forward to your posts on that then. :mm:

Kathianne said:
I read an article and post on this yesterday, but it also included the Iraeli "contribution" to this whole scenario. I will have to see if I can find it.

Anyway, my thoughts were and still are - if there is any truth to the rumored leak, I cannot imagine why the London Times would be the chosen outlet. However, if it was a diversionary leak or a fishing expedition, ok. The pther piece I am going to try and find had to do with Israel promising to attack if nuclear fuel rods are delivered by Russia. My thought on that is that is has to be a ploy. Israel usually does not talk out of school like that.

HGROKIT said:
I read an article and post on this yesterday, but it also included the Iraeli "contribution" to this whole scenario. I will have to see if I can find it.

Anyway, my thoughts were and still are - if there is any truth to the rumored leak, I cannot imagine why the London Times would be the chosen outlet. However, if it was a diversionary leak or a fishing expedition, ok. The pther piece I am going to try and find had to do with Israel promising to attack if nuclear fuel rods are delivered by Russia. My thought on that is that is has to be a ploy. Israel usually does not talk out of school like that.

What you say makes sense to me, I'd love to see the link if you can locate.

Just so we are clear...

The primary reason we went to war with Iraq was Saddam's failure to comply with UN resolutions; which were designed to REMOVE him as a threat. Iran is under NO such resolutions.

Edit...

Oh yeah...forgot:

:gs:

-=d=- said:
Just so we are clear...

The primary reason we went to war with Iraq was Saddam's failure to comply with UN resolutions; which were designed to REMOVE him as a threat. Iran is under NO such resolutions.

And you will never get one fron the UN, they are useless...but I digress!

HGROKIT said:
Here is the source:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39512

Thread was from another board.

Great article, a must read! Israel has been pretty clear on this for months, vocally. They cannot allow Iran to go nuclear. Pakistan is a big enough problem. I went googling, but there is so much I couldn't get to June or July by pg 10. Here's one, where Israel made another attempt through the UN:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=ascii&q=Israel+Iran+nuclear&start=110&sa=N

that should be an 'arab news' link.

Kathianne said:
Great article, a must read! Israel has been pretty clear on this for months, vocally. They cannot allow Iran to go nuclear. Pakistan is a big enough problem. I went googling, but there is so much I couldn't get to June or July by pg 10. Here's one, where Israel made another attempt through the UN:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=ascii&q=Israel+Iran+nuclear&start=110&sa=N

that should be an 'arab news' link.

All I can say is that if Israel attacks a muslim nation, unilaterally and without world support, all hell will break loose. That is why I am having a hard time believing the "leak". Israel pretty much plays this stuff close to the vest. Unless it is a diversionay thing as I already stated.

HGROKIT said:
All I can say is that if Israel attacks a muslim nation, unilaterally and without world support, all hell will break loose. That is why I am having a hard time believing the "leak". Israel pretty much plays this stuff close to the vest. Unless it is a diversionay thing as I already stated.

Time will tell. I think Israel might well take their chances on 'all hell breaking loose' after the threat is neutralized, though I agree they wouldn't advertise. At this point I think they may be trying to diplomatically pre-empt through the only means open to them, which is the press.

-=d=- said:
Just so we are clear...

I am under the impression that the primary reason to go to war was that he was an imminent danger to the United States and that he was linked to Al-Qaeda. It seems ridiculous to me to break the rules of the U.N. in order to validate those same rules. Maybe we can outline and agree on what the reasons in fact were - that will help our discussion.

-=d=- said:
Just so we are clear...

Edit...

Oh yeah...forgot:

I thought Iran is required to comply with the IAEA which is part of the UN. So they are in violation. Furthermore, for the first time this AM, I heard a Bush administration member stating that Iran is "harbouring" AQ members - including OBL's son, the #3 man in AQ. So as far as I am concerned, we are setting up for Iran but it will wait until AFTER Bush is re-elected.

BTW: F*ck the steelygirls! GO COWBOYS!

MJDuncan1982 said:
I am under the impression that the primary reason to go to war was that he was an imminent danger to the United States and that he was linked to Al-Qaeda. It seems ridiculous to me to break the rules of the U.N. in order to validate those same rules. Maybe we can outline and agree on what the reasons in fact were - that will help our discussion.

how do you figure we violated the UN? all we did was do what they were not willing to do and that is enforcing the resolutions already passed.

MJDuncan1982 said:

You are under a mistaken impression. Because Saddam wasn't in compliance with UN Resolutions, the US and MANY other nations took action to PREVENT Saddam from becoming an imminent Danger to the US and other countries. Iraq had plenty of links to Al-Qaeda.

Who broke what rules?

freeandfun1 said:
how do you figure we violated the UN? all we did was do what they were not willing to do and that is enforcing the resolutions already passed.

I believe we have a potential lawyer trying to hone his/her logic skills on the board. Some of it's fine, others must be from a 'twisting' course.

MJDuncan1982 said:

We did not break any UN Rules. As a soverign nation we are not subject to any world body unles we choose to subject ourselves to them.

However going down this path takes off Katianne's original topic.

Forum List

Back